Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    plus like OBP said, if the senators get to ask questions, then the democrats can stall even more and pontificate and praise her for her bravery and all that stuff while not actually asking her anything.
    The senators do get to ask questions, it's just the republicans who will have a prosecutor sit in for their side because they are afraid of another Anita Hill debacle causing further loss of support from women in the uncoming elections. Might be a bit late for worrying about that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Meh. JimL has abundantly proven that he couldn't care less about being taken seriously here. When he actually backs up his bald assertions, I'll pay more attention.
      Meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by MM
        ...he didn't actually know Kavanaugh personally ...
        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        By the way, that's not my claim, that what's Roche himself said.

Direct quote: "Brett and I did not socialize beyond the first few days of freshman year."
        Roche did not claim not to have known Kavanaugh personally. That was indeed your claim.

Either you don't know the difference between knowing some-one personally vs socializing with them, or you do know and are lying rather than admit your mistake. Either way you're a blithering idiot.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Meh.
          Thanks for proving my point, champ.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            The person trolling calling me a troll is the one trolling, how funny your lack of self awareness is. Most actual humans define knowing someone personally knowing more than their names and a few details about them. Try again troll boy.
            Actual humans who aren't trying to backpedal from their idiocy define knowing some-one personally as having interacted with them in person rather than only being aware of them via reputation, work or remote communication.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I had two roommates my freshman year, and I can't even tell you their last names. We spent most of the time outside of our rooms, had our own circle of friends that we hung out with, and only ever saw each other in passing. So I can say with a straight-face that I did not know either of my roommates personally.
              Of course you can. You make lots of ridiculous claims straight-faced.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                The senators do get to ask questions, it's just the republicans who will have a prosecutor sit in for their side...

Do you have any idea how uninformed you are? There are no "sides" here in the legal sense like you imagine, where the Democrats represent the prosecution and the Republicans represent the defense. There will be one independent counsel representing the entire Senate committee and who will be asking questions on their behalf. Grassley himself said that this was done in the interest of "de-politicizing" the process and to prevent certain senators from grandstanding and attempting to launch their presidential campaigns -- gee, who do you suppose he's referring to?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                  Actual humans who aren't trying to backpedal from their idiocy define knowing some-one personally as having interacted with them in person rather than only being aware of them via reputation, work or remote communication.
                  You've never heard an expression like "I work with him but don't know him personally"?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    Roche did not claim not to have known Kavanaugh personally. That was indeed your claim.

Either you don't know the difference between knowing some-one personally vs socializing with them, or you do know and are lying rather than admit your mistake. Either way you're a blithering idiot.
                    Thank you Mr. Dictionary for educating us on the difference between "personally" and "socially"

Comment

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You've never heard an expression like "I work with him but don't know him personally"?
                        No. Educate yourself.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Dictionary for educating us on the difference between "personally" and "socially"

Personally - 4. as an individual:
                          to like someone personally, but not as an employer.
                          https://www.dictionary.com/browse/personally
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You're welcome. Any bets on whether MM will ever admit it?

Comment

GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Do you have any idea how uninformed you are? There are no "sides" here in the legal sense like you imagine, where the Democrats represent the prosecution and the Republicans represent the defense. There will be one independent counsel representing the entire Senate committee and who will be asking questions on their behalf. Grassley himself said that this was done in the interest of "de-politicizing" the process and to prevent certain senators from grandstanding and attempting to launch their presidential campaigns -- gee, who do you suppose he's referring to?
                                You're a dope MM. The hired prosecutor is to ask questions for the GOP, not for the Dems. Get a clue!

Comment