Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    My dear Jimmy, it’s funny how you call him a liar while repeating media lies and talking points. He’s a judge. He knows the FBI doesn’t make conclusions of guilt or innocence and only brings forth facts of the case. It’s the job of the court to determine innocence or guilt and anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you. There is nothing the FBI would likely reveal because she can’t name important details, like when it happened and where and her named witnesses don’t seem to remember this party either. Must have been a wild party for collective amnesia to affect everyone, but her. So let’s assume an assault happened, if nobody else remembers those details, how drunk were they and how reliable is her memory of those events? The reality is the Democrats want one because they want to delay in the hopes they can get elected in November and take the seat for themselves. Second you haven’t named a specific lie and give supporting evidence of this lie yet. Where is your evidence of these lies? Third, you mean he’s angry about this coordinated smear campaign to destroy his life and family using unverified claims that nobody remembers and is unable to prove happened? Maybe we should smear your name and claim you’re a rapist based on unverified claims. Wonder if you would like that. Sorry Jimmy, but the democrats have proved how evil they truly are and will never earn a vote from me again in any national election.
    Kavenaugh has a history of lying to Congress, and lying to Congress is not only disqualifying of ones confirmation to the SC, it's a felony. At this hearing he denied knowing about files stolen from judiciary committee democrats, but e-mails attest to the contrary. In 2004, Kavanaugh claimed he had no involvement in the nomination process of William Pryor to the 11th circuit, that it was not something that he personally worked on, but newly released documents contradict his testimony. He claimed the same concerning the nomination of Charles Pickering, which again was contradicted by newly released documents. In 2006, Kavanaugh claimed he knew nothing about the warrantless wiretapping. Newly released e-mails, once again, contradict his testimony to Congress. Finally in 2006, Kavanaugh testified to Congress that he was not involved with questions concerning the rules governing detention of combatants. New evidence has now contradicted that claim as well.
    In this hearing he even lied about stupid stuff like his drinking habits, the meaning of "Devils triangle" and "Ralphing" not to mention his disgusting misogynistic joke (alumnius Renate) at the expense of a female aqaintance Renate Dolphin.

So Kavanaugh has a pattern of dishonesty, of lying to Congress, and should not only not be confirmed to the SC, but shouldn't even be a judge period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Jim, this whole sham has been because the Demcocrats (sorry for being partisan) will do absolutely anything in their power, no matter how shameless, to keep Kavanaugh (or any conservative) from being confirmed to SCOTUS because they worship at the altar of the murdered unborn baby. That's what this is all about.

I HATE that. I don't hate Democrats, but I HATE abortion.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Or it could be that her story has changed. Several times. There are discrepancies our provable errors of fact with what she says now and what she said in her letter to Feinstein. The same goes for her interview with the Washington Post.
        I have not seen anything to date that is of real consequence. Can you be specific? The primary issue I'm aware of is the 4 boys in the room vs 4 boys at the party as it relates to the counselors notes, and given my own experience with the relative accuracy of the details in counselors notes, that means essentially nothing. The counselors job is to try to help the patient work through the emotional and psychological impact of an event, not necessarily to provide rigorously accurate accounts of the events leading to the current psychological problem.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Kavenaugh has a history of lying to Congress, and lying to Congress is not only disqualifying of ones confirmation to the SC, it's a felony. At this hearing he denied knowing about files stolen from judiciary committee democrats, but e-mails attest to the contrary. In 2004, Kavanaugh claimed he had no involvement in the nomination process of William Pryor to the 11th circuit, that it was not something that he personally worked on, but newly released documents contradict his testimony. He claimed the same concerning the nomination of Charles Pickering, which again was contradicted by newly released documents. In 2006, Kavanaugh claimed he knew nothing about the warrantless wiretapping. Newly released e-mails, once again, contradict his testimony to Congress. Finally in 2006, Kavanaugh testified to Congress that he was not involved with questions concerning the rules governing detention of combatants. New evidence has now contradicted that claim as well.
          In this hearing he even lied about stupid stuff like his drinking habits, the meaning of "Devils triangle" and "Ralphing" not to mention his disgusting misogynistic joke (alumnius Renate) at the expense of a female aqaintance Renate Dolphin.

So Kavanaugh has a pattern of dishonesty, of lying to Congress, and should not only not be confirmed to the SC, but shouldn't even be a judge period.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
            The kind of meek, non-confrontational and "forgive without demanding honest repentance" Christianity that's so popular in some Christian circles allowed a group of psychopaths (one of whom it was revealed was a pedophile who'd been molesting several children) to prey, manipulate and gorge themselves on the Christian congregation I grew up in. I have zero tolerance for "Christians" who refuse to call things by their proper name or shy away from confrontation using the excuse that it's "rude", "unloving", "hateful", "vindictive" or "hateful". Those kind of "Christians" are some of the worst kind of slimy and reprehensible snakes in existence. In my opinion they are actually worse than the wolves that prey on God's people because their cowardice is what enables the wolves to get access to the people who aren't capable of defending themselves in the first place. /rant
            Careful not to confuse boldness in speaking out against sin with angry and hurtful attacks on people. "Speak the truth in Love" we are commanded. Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13 and less completely several other places in the Scripture. We never have license to abuse in the name of righteousness or in the name of Christ. While you are right to reject cowardice, it is never right to be cruel and/or merciless individual to individual in this life. Remember the ungrateful servant who was forgiven a great debt but would not forgive a minor debt owed him. Remember the command to forgive not 7 times, but 'seven times seventy".

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• I didn't pay any attention to this over the weekend, and only skimmed the last ~20 pages of the thread...is the FBI actually investigating this now?
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                Yet another logical option is that everyone else is lying. Since most people in that experiment resist peer pressure and give correct accounts, MM's 'logic' leads to the conclusion that most people are liars or mentally unsound.
                Right... the most likely scenario is that everybody but Ford is lying (despite her sketchy and contradictory narrative).

In other news, the Apollo moon landings were a NASA hoax.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                  Careful not to confuse boldness in speaking out against sin with angry and hurtful attacks on people. "Speak the truth in Love" we are commanded. Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13 and less completely several other places in the Scripture. We never have license to abuse in the name of righteousness or in the name of Christ. While you are right to reject cowardice, it is never right to be cruel and/or merciless individual to individual in this life. Remember the ungrateful servant who was forgiven a great debt but would not forgive a minor debt owed him. Remember the command to forgive not 7 times, but 'seven times seventy".
                  "Love" in the Bible is not ooey-gooey sentimentality. Go watch the movie Stand By Me some time to see what real Biblical agape looks like in action. Joe Clark wielded a bullhorn and a baseball bat in order to protect his community.

This is agape:

agape1.jpg

This is heresy:

agape2.jpg
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    I didn't pay any attention to this over the weekend, and only skimmed the last ~20 pages of the thread...is the FBI actually investigating this now?
                    Yes, but it is being seriously inhibited by the White House, they have control over it. In other words they, the White House, is not looking for the truth, they're looking to get Kavanaugh through this regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      I have not seen anything to date that is of real consequence. Can you be specific? The primary issue I'm aware of is the 4 boys in the room vs 4 boys at the party as it relates to the counselors notes, and given my own experience with the relative accuracy of the details in counselors notes, that means essentially nothing. The counselors job is to try to help the patient work through the emotional and psychological impact of an event, not necessarily to provide rigorously accurate accounts of the events leading to the current psychological problem.

Jim
                      Covered in Post #1151. Lots of problems with her changing claims.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Yes, but it is being seriously inhibited by the White House, they have control over it. In other words they, the White House, is not looking for the truth, they're looking to get Kavanaugh through this regardless.
                        Source for the bolded, anyone?
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I didn't pay any attention to this over the weekend, and only skimmed the last ~20 pages of the thread...is the FBI actually investigating this now?
                          Yes - they're collecting witness statements, over which both sides will renew the vicious partisan fighting.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Source for the bolded, anyone?
                            Grocery Store Tabloids.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Statistics are evidence of lack of commonality. You can look at methodology rather than assume you're right because you can't be bothered. People are arrested based on unverified claims all the time, that's what our judicial system is for. You're not doing so well here.

You are assuming that an accusation isn't evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                                Statistics are evidence of lack of commonality. You can look at methodology rather than assume you're right because you can't be bothered. People are arrested based on unverified claims all the time, that's what our judicial system is for. You're not doing so well here.
                                "All the time" is not a statistic, PM, and you know that.

You are assuming that an accusation isn't evidence.
                                A wise assumption, as the accusation actually needs some basis in fact.

Comment