Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Did you read the post earlier from a verified survivor of sexual assault? Her crystal clear memories are an interesting contrast to Ford's selectively hazy recollections, especially when she says that she will never forget the details right after saying that she's forgotten a lot of the details.
    Fallacy of equivocation again. You are assuming the use of "details" refers to the exact same details in both contexts. You are manipulating the statement in order for there to be a contradiction.

Comment

Did you read the post earlier from a verified survivor of sexual assault? Her crystal clear memories are an interesting contrast to Ford's selectively hazy recollections, especially when she says that she will never forget the details right after saying that she's forgotten a lot of the details.
      Ford seems to be being very cautious about even answering questions like 'were you being recorded, audio or video, at the time of the polygraph', and "remembers" things being placed "all over her body".

Her tone seems to be "I'm just a poor little child, scared to death, and you don't need to pick on me". I find her, so far, quite unconvincing.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles
        Like I have said before many of my friends are Christians.
        Many of my friends are black.

Your personal attacks will not help to make the case. Are you ok with MM's statement?
        Personal attacks? Sheeeesh, you ARE touchy! Merely my observations, Charles. Prove me wrong, I double-dog dare you.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Ford seems to be being very cautious about even answering questions like 'were you being recorded, audio or video, at the time of the polygraph', and "remembers" things being placed "all over her body".
          That's part of what I meant when I wrote "And how she sounded like she was almost being assaulted when she took [the polygraph]."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Or anybody who could contemporaneously confirm her story.
            The Democrats keep harping on how it isn't unusual for a woman to not contact the authorities after an assault conveniently forgetting how she didn't mention it to anyone else either -- like her friends, classmates, a trusted teacher, siblings or other relatives...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Could you please answer whether you are ok with MM's statement? He said: "Go away, pharisee, and spread your self-righteous manure somewhere else. You're stinking up the place." Are you ok with that?
              I probably wouldn't have worded it quite that way, Charles. I probably would have said something more like....

"Charles, can you PLEASE stop derailing threads with your childish 'it's all about me' horse manure?"

I mean - really - why don't you start a new thread "Tweb Christians are such meanies", and do your whining and crying and snowflake stuff there.

Comment

• Another inconsistency in her testimony:

"When I got to the small gathering, people were drinking beer in a small living room on the first floor of the house."

So they were gathered in the living room. Then she says that after the assault, her two assailants drunkenly stumbled down the stairs laughing loudly, at which point she "ran down the stairs, through the living room, and left the house."

Did you catch it? She ran through the living room where the others were gathered. Later when asked why her friends don't remember the party, she says it's because they would have found it unremarkable. Really? Even her best friend thought it "unremarkable" that two drunk boys came stumbling down the stairs making a ruckus followed shortly by Ford who ran out of the house and disappeared into the night? That's certainly something I would have remembered if it was my best friend.
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-27-2018, 02:16 PM.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That's part of what I meant when I wrote "And how she sounded like she was almost being assaulted when she took [the polygraph]."
                  And the Democrats are falling all over this, praising her for being brave....... she's supporting my believe that this is a con. I'm not saying that "something" didn't happen to her way back when, but I think she has tremendously embellished it and added Bret and Judge, after having been coached (isn't she the one who took 6 days to 'sort through her memories'?).

Comment

• Why do you guys let Charles come into a thread and derail it? Ignore him or report him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      And the Democrats are falling all over this, praising her for being brave....... she's supporting my believe that this is a con. I'm not saying that "something" didn't happen to her way back when, but I think she has tremendously embellished it and added Bret and Judge, after having been coached (isn't she the one who took 6 days to 'sort through her memories'?).
                      That was Ramirez.

Comment

Another inconsistency in her testimony:

"When I got to the small gathering, people were drinking beer in a small living room on the first floor of the house."

So they were gathered in the living room. Then she says that after the assault, her two assailants drunkenly stumbled down the stairs laughing loudly at which point she "ran down the stairs, through the living room, and left the house."

Did you catch it? She ran through the living room where the others were gathered. Later when asked why her friends don't remember the party, she says it's because they would have found it unremarkable. Really? Even her best friend thought it "unremarkable" that two drunk boys came stumbling down the stairs making a ruckus followed shortly by Ford who ran out of the house and disappeared into the night? That's certainly something I would have remembered if it was my best friend.
                        She would have been better off to say "by that time, they had left", but, yeah.... for what she describes, it would be truly remarkable if her "friends" didn't run outside after yelling, "Wait, what happened?"

Comment

• The Democrats' sitting on her allegation* and then frequently complaining about the lack of investigation, is incredibly obnoxious.

*I recognize that Ford's statement shouldn't have been released until she gave the ok, so my problem is with the Democrats' demands for investigation, given the lateness of the hour.

ETA: I should say, rather, that my problem is with their claims that no investigation has been pursued, and such like, rather than with their demands for investigation.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Why do you guys let Charles come into a thread and derail it? Ignore him or report him.
                            It's sort of like going to the batting cages to relax, where there's no pressure, and every pitch is directly over the plate and easy to hit.

Comment

It's sort of like going to the batting cages to relax, where there's no pressure, and every pitch is directly over the plate and easy to hit.
                              You let him control you like Pavlov's Dog. stop it. ignore the troll.

Comment

So you admit to not answering?

Comment