Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    There are many such links all saying much the same, as you well know.
    Yes, there are many phony extreme leftist anti-Christian bigots like you. Tell me something I don't know.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      What little we know is that she is afraid enough of flying to have panic attacks and to require medication to do it.
      How do we know that?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        How do we know that?
        Because unlike Kavanaughs testimony, her testimony gave us no reason to disbelieve her. I have a pretty strong fear of flying myself, but on occasion, when I have to, I still put myself through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Because unlike Kavanaughs testimony, her testimony gave us no reason to disbelieve her. I have a pretty strong fear of flying myself, but on occasion, when I have to, I still put myself through it.
          You're the spokesman of the group now, are ya, Jimmy? To those of us who are skeptical, what evidence is there that "she is afraid enough of flying to have panic attacks and to require medication to do it."

Comment

• So, now her attorneys are claiming that "fear of flying" wasn't an issue at all...

So, those of you who "believe her" on the fear of flying thing -- what, exactly, do you believe? And "what measures" could Ford take to protect her family from threats that would prevent her from flying to DC?

Comment

• I would really love to see how the liberals would react if Ford's testimony were against Barak Obama. Let's say the liberals put him up for the Supreme Court, and Ford came forward to bring her allegations against him.

Obama actually admits to having been involved with cocaine and marijuana as a young man. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that some of the charges of "wild living" were true of the younger Obama - like his relationship with Larry Sinclair who casts Obama in not such a good light as a young man.

Would Ford's testimony be as ardently and fiercely believed against Obama?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Interesting that you go off feelings and ignore the facts. Did the holes in her story convince you? Was it the inability to name specific dates and place? Was it a 50 year old women talking like a scared girl? Can you tell us what it was Jimmy?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I would really love to see how the liberals would react if Ford's testimony were against Barak Obama. Let's say the liberals put him up for the Supreme Court, and Ford came forward to bring her allegations against him.

Obama actually admits to having been involved with cocaine and marijuana as a young man. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that some of the charges of "wild living" were true of the younger Obama - like his relationship with Larry Sinclair who casts Obama in not such a good light as a young man.

We already saw this under Bill Clinton. They would ignore it till it went away or smear them with vicious lies.
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-07-2018, 10:05 AM.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Interesting that you go off feelings and ignore the facts. Did the holes in her story convince you? Was it the inability to name specific dates and place? Was it a 50 year old women talking like a scared girl? Can you tell us what it was Jimmy?
                    I think it comes down to hatred for Trump, and he's the one who nominated Kavanaugh, therefore, Kavanaugh must be guilty of all charges anybody levies against him.

Comment

How do we know that?
                      The self initiated testimony of her close friend in his letter to the senate.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Well we see, congress changes hands often, but the court can have a much more profound and long term effect.
                        Yes - it does. And I regret that the court has become unbalanced with the replacement of Kennedy with Kavanaugh. I doubt the court will ever be balanced again, frankly. I suspect we are going to see a tug-of-war at SCOTUS for the rest of our lifetimes.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          We'll see. This whole process has exposed just how rotten the Democrat party really is and has given conservative voters added motivation to keep them out of power, especially after they announced that if they win either house, they will make Kavanaugh's life a living hell with endless investigations. I've also seen a couple polls suggesting that suburban women have abandoned the Democrat party in significant numbers (but you know how it is with polls).
                          Obviously, I don't think the process exposed anything of the kind, but it did expose Republican hostility to women who come forward to report sexual assaults. It will be interesting to see how that plays out on November 6th.
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

So, now her attorneys are claiming that "fear of flying" wasn't an issue at all...

So, those of you who "believe her" on the fear of flying thing -- what, exactly, do you believe? And "what measures" could Ford take to protect her family from threats that would prevent her from flying to DC?
                            What I 'believe' is what is consistent with the facts we know. She has a fear of flying, but not a debilitating one. Somewhere along the way it was mentioned during the time she was trying to decide if she wanted to testify. Somewhere along the way it became more than it is, likely at the hands of other people speaking for or against her. And the wolves whose primary goal would be to squash her testimony regardless of its credibilty have fed on it and regurgitated various carefully padded elements of it for audiences sharing their desire to make her claim 'go away'.

Now, I have made clear my position is mostly neutral. I believe each side might be telling the truth as we understand it and that each side has credible elements in their favor. I also believe that it is possible one side or the other is mistaken or in whole or in part lying.

I know neither of them is being treated objectively or fairly by the extreme that is against them

Since most of the comments against my posts are from the extreme that is against Ford, I have spent most of my time defending the unacceptable position (to that extreme) that it is possible Ford is telling the truth.

But my neutrality is mostly invisible in this venue because I dare to see more credibility in Ford than can be tolerated from the support Kavanaugh side. The fact my initial response was to support Kavanaugh on the basis of his adult life credibilty has long been forgotten. And that my opinion was changed by the evidence has been deemed implausible if not impossible.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              Yes - it does. And I regret that the court has become unbalanced with the replacement of Kennedy with Kavanaugh. I doubt the court will ever be balanced again, frankly. I suspect we are going to see a tug-of-war at SCOTUS for the rest of our lifetimes.

So, now the talk appears to be that a newly elected Democrat POTUS will nominate additional - more than the 9 - Justices, as in maybe 2.

A SCOTUS comprised of 11 justices is not unconstitutional, as the number of justices is not spelled out. We've had more than 9 and we've had less than 9.

Comment

I would really love to see how the liberals would react if Ford's testimony were against Barak Obama. Let's say the liberals put him up for the Supreme Court, and Ford came forward to bring her allegations against him.

We would have seen an exhaustive examination of her myriad of contradictions and lapses in memory with the word "credible" being banished from the Lexicon in any of their discussions about her.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment