Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'll go ahead and say it --- I think this conduct by Trump is appalling, and does nothing to help Kavanaugh.

I saw some of this yesterday, and found it disgusting, and will not be surprised if it helps drive some of the "on the fence" Senators closer to "no".
    Yeah I heard that on the news this morning.

Trump as President should not be mocking private citizens. And it was more than just pointing out that she didn't know certain details, he said it in a mocking tone of voice.

He owes her an apology. This just helps the democrats too. Nice job Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I don't care what you were responding to. You two, MM included, are being a massive distraction with your squabbling.

Jim, try reading my post again, this time for understanding.
      Are you not now squabbling with me?
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Breaking News!!!

Tassman, JimL, Starlight and Oxmixmudd believe Ford is telling the truth and Kavanaugh is lying and everyone else is delusional. Arguments ensue.
        Not even close to a true assessment of the actual situation - at least in my case. Are you interested in knowing where and by how much you are wrong, or would you just prefer to believe what you wish about my position irrespective of reality?

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-03-2018, 11:54 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Not even close to a true assessment of the actual situation - at least in my case. Are you interested in knowing where and by how much you are wrong, or would you just prefer to believe what you wish about my position irrespective of reality?

Jim
          sigh. I was making a joke about how there are basically two sides here and neither one will give an inch and interprets the same information in different ways. One side see Ford as believable and Kavanaugh as a liar. The other side sees the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Are you not now squabbling with me?
            I was trying to show you something. Since you prefer not to see, I'll simply drop it rather than continue. You may have the last word, if you like.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I wonder if any of our Tweb liberals (or, otherwise, staunch defenders of Ford) are concerned about the crappy way this was handled by the Democrats, in "sitting on" this letter until after the hearings were over. Or is this, perhaps, "the end justifies the means" stuff.
              I was. My position was: 1) Ford's testimony wasn't convicting, even if it prima facia plausible. 2) The Democrats are transparently using her testimony for their own purposes to block a candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                sigh. I was making a joke about how there are basically two sides here and neither one will give an inch and interprets the same information in different ways. One side see Ford as believable and Kavanaugh as a liar. The other side sees the opposite.
                Exactly!

Which is why I have basically stopped responding in this thread. Almost everyone is speculating and using their pre-existing desires/bias to color what information they accept, what they reject, and how they interpret it. The exercise is typically political, and largely useless, IMO. There are far more enjoyable ways to self-stimulate.

I have recommendations for a good beer if anyone is interested...
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  Founders Breakfast Stout
                  Flying Dog Raging ______
                  Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
                  Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Exactly!

Which is why I have basically stopped responding in this thread. Almost everyone is speculating and using their pre-existing desires/bias to color what information they accept, what they reject, and how they interpret it. The exercise is typically political, and largely useless, IMO. There are far more enjoyable ways to self-stimulate.

I'm quite fond of Arrogant Bastard ale, myself.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Oh you are going to be SO moded....
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Maybe, but the beer is worth it.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Exactly!

We agree!

Is the world ending?

I will take a Franziskaner

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            I prefer the LUKCY BASARTD variant.
                            sigpic

Comment

Modded, but, no.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Comment