Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    You are not in a position to pontificate; TRAUMATIC AMNESIA is a 'dissociative survival mechanism' and common among victims of sexual assault. Dr Ford is a classic example.
    which makes her entire testimony unreliable. You can't have it both ways Tassman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      I'm completely ignorant about what an FBI investigation entails, so this question is purely inquisitive, but how exactly is an FBI investigation different from a "he said she said" inquiry?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Anti-Kavanaugh protesters accosting senators have ties to SorosBut in both instances, the women involved came from a nonprofit called Center for Popular Democracy that has received funding from liberal billionaire George Soros, records show.Soros donated $1.5 million to Center for Popular Democracy in 2016 and 2017 through his philanthropy organization Open Society Foundations, the records show.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ant...-ties-to-soros

Comment

• Breaking News!!!

Tassman, JimL, Starlight and Oxmixmudd believe Ford is telling the truth and Kavanaugh is lying and everyone else is delusional. Arguments ensue.

Comment

• At this point, I'm far less enthusiastic about Kavanaugh, but pretty disgusted with politics in general, and the Democrats in particular.

If the Democrats had participated in the process in good faith, we wouldn't even be here. I don't blame Ford - I still think she's a very troubled woman - but I blame the Democrats for using her like a pawn in a very crooked chess game for their own politics of personal destruction.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• More evidence that the only thing the Dems care about is stalling....

The FBI "investigation" won't be accepted by the Dems because the FBI didn't do it exactly as they wanted it done.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Well, this certainly puts Dr. Ford's testimony in a different light.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  More evidence that the only thing the Dems care about is stalling....

The FBI "investigation" won't be accepted by the Dems because the FBI didn't do it exactly as they wanted it done.
                  Why would they need to interview her when she already testified everything she knew under questioning from both sides? Is she going to change her story or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Why would they need to interview her when she already testified everything she knew under questioning from both sides? Is she going to change her story or something?
                    Exactly - they have those transcripts -- I guess people think the FBI is going to set them down with a lie detector and interrogate them. All the FBI does (in these cases) is "take statements".

The Dems insisted the FBI be trusted to do this investigation, now they're trying to tell them how to do it.

All of this is simply a setup for "WAAAaaaaannnnnhhhhhh... we need more time......"

Comment

Exactly - they have those transcripts -- I guess people think the FBI is going to set them down with a lie detector and interrogate them. All the FBI does (in these cases) is "take statements".

The Dems insisted the FBI be trusted to do this investigation, now they're trying to tell them how to do it.

All of this is simply a setup for "WAAAaaaaannnnnhhhhhh... we need more time......"
                      yep. They were told over and over that all the FBI would do is take statements and they already had Ford and Kavanaugh right there to question them and their excuse was that the FBI could talk to OTHER witnesses. But now they are complaining because they are not interviewing Ford? Maybe they are investigating what she has already said to see if it is truthful or not.

Comment

• I wonder if any of our Tweb liberals (or, otherwise, staunch defenders of Ford) are concerned about the crappy way this was handled by the Democrats, in "sitting on" this letter until after the hearings were over. Or is this, perhaps, "the end justifies the means" stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Well, this certainly puts Dr. Ford's testimony in a different light.
                          In other words she lied on a number of issues.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            In other words she lied on a number of issues.
                            Yet, her word is to be taken as "gospel" because she's the victim. This is one of the craziest situations -- all a woman has to do, according to some, is make an accusation. If you challenge the veracity of the allegation, you are attacking the victim. It is, indeed, a crazy world in which we live, where the inmates have taken over the asylum.

Comment

• I'll go ahead and say it --- I think this conduct by Trump is appalling, and does nothing to help Kavanaugh.

I saw some of this yesterday, and found it disgusting, and will not be surprised if it helps drive some of the "on the fence" Senators closer to "no".

Comment

I'll go ahead and say it --- I think this conduct by Trump is appalling, and does nothing to help Kavanaugh.

I saw some of this yesterday, and found it disgusting, and will not be surprised if it helps drive some of the "on the fence" Senators closer to "no".
                                Yeah, he shouldn't have done that.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment