Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Do All You Foreigners Come Here And Debate About US Politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    The forum is Theologyweb not Americantheologyweb. Why do all you Americans insist on only talking about US politics?

Why do you guys hog this board? Why so few threads about politics in general?
    Yeah!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      We should just annex the rest of the world. Then we can all be the United States of America!
      Let's start with Canada, I like Canada. We can send some missionaries to convert the heathens first.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        They come....

A) for the Christian fellowship
        2) because they love us so very much
        That must be it, or they see us like monkeys in a zoo throwing poop at each other.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
          Also, why do you care? It'll be a boring place without us.
          True, and I have always been interested in abnormal psychology...

Comment

The forum is Theologyweb not Americantheologyweb. Why do all you Americans insist on only talking about US politics?

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...rican-politics!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              I mean I don't go around debating about New Zealand politics, Australian or Norwegian politics. Are we really that important or fascinating?
              I'm not outside of the US so I can't speak for them, but I expect it's probably a matter of importance/influence. The United States is definitely the most powerful country in the world (admittedly, "powerful" is a bit difficult to quantify but it seems definite to me that the United States would be #1 in that category), so its interior politics have a much bigger impact on the rest of the world than the countries you listed. Not only that, if you look at the countries that would probably be #2 and #3 on a list of "most powerful countries", you get China and Russia, and what's the use of debating over their politics? It's not like United Russia or the Communist Party are going to lose power anytime soon. That seems like it'd have the effect of focusing even more importance on the interior politics of the United States, as there's so little point in regards to the next two most powerful countries.

Comment

Seriously, I think that would be an interesting topic - "Brexit from our perspective" - and just lay out some Marquess of Queensberry rules in the OP.
                I just had a nice rant in the UK Politics thread. Made me feel slightly better actually

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                  I'm not outside of the US so I can't speak for them, but I expect it's probably a matter of importance/influence. The United States is definitely the most powerful country in the world (admittedly, "powerful" is a bit difficult to quantify but it seems definite to me that the United States would be #1 in that category), so its interior politics have a much bigger impact on the rest of the world than the countries you listed. Not only that, if you look at the countries that would probably be #2 and #3 on a list of "most powerful countries", you get China and Russia, and what's the use of debating over their politics? It's not like United Russia or the Communist Party are going to lose power anytime soon. That seems like it'd have the effect of focusing even more importance on the interior politics of the United States, as there's so little point in regards to the next two most powerful countries.
                  So basically those other countries (save Russia and China) are insignificant.

Comment

Aww... every country is special! Just... uh.....
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Aww... every country is special! Just... uh.....
                      And everyone gets a trophy!!!!

Comment

As long as they help the poor and don't oppress any of their people! Hmm... I don't think ANY country does that perfectly. Some are better than others, but no earthly government in this time or in the past is perfect.
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                          I just had a nice rant in the UK Politics thread. Made me feel slightly better actually
                          Well, good for you!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wait. Hold up. Are you implying that there are other countries with other governments or something?

ECREE!!!

Comment

They come....

A) for the Christian fellowship
                              2) because they love us so very much
                              That's honestly why I'm here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                That's honestly why I'm here.
                                And, that, I believe! And it's always good to see you.

Comment