Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Pence on how presidents should behave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think these liberal men treat women the same way they treat minorities - they think they're not smart enough to function in society, so they have to constantly be coming to their aid and thinking for them.

I can't think of any other reason they have to get all upset that a gentleman chooses to be a gentleman.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• I've only had ONE time where anybody (to my knowledge) complained about my policy. It was a woman who wanted to meet with me after a Wednesday night church service, and she came in my office and closed the door. I really didn't feel comfortable, so I told her I needed to lock up the building (which was true, as our custodian was on vacation) and also asked her to make an appointment for the morning (when my secretary would be there).

She left, but she went home and complained to her husband that I woudn't meet with her (at night, in my office, with everybody else gone) and he called a couple deacons to make a big deal out of it.

One of the deacons, who knew the woman, explained that she had just remarried, her previous husband was the pastor of the local Methodist Church, and she had been having an affair with that pastor while still married to her former husband.

One other time, I had a false accusation of impropriety with a woman, but my secretary can see my office from her office, and I had been in her sight the entire time, so that one kinda fizzled.

This isn't out of fear - it's out of prudence.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think these liberal men treat women the same way they treat minorities - they think they're not smart enough to function in society, so they have to constantly be coming to their aid and thinking for them.

I can't think of any other reason they have to get all upset that a gentleman chooses to be a gentleman.
        No, actually the reason we "come to their aid" as you put it, is to defend against the misogynists and racists like you seem to be, who like pretend that such discrimination doesn't exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          That Pence is either worried that he will cheat on his wife,
          It's not about worry - it's about prudence.

worried that he will sexually assault a woman, and/or is a sexist?
          Straw man much?

I don't care to hide that at all.
          You're actually perverting the whole situation for your own benefit, PM.

There's no evidence that the policy is justified,
          Only if you shut your eyes real tight and try really hard to ignore #metoo

so there has to be an ulterior motive, as is commonly the case with politicians.
          Because, in your world, it's impossible for somebody just to do something because it's prudent?

It astounds me that certain people are all too eager to take anything someone "on their side" says at face value.
          Well, I've been practicing the same policy for over 45 years, been happily married to the same woman for almost as long, and life is good, so....
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
            I think you missed a very basic point in what was said. What is going on now does not compare to what has been going on earlier:
            Allegedly, from a hostile witness. Forgive me if I take that with a large grain of salt.
            Well, that's predictable enough. All you've got is a counter-charge of "whataboutism". Are we done here? We're merely going around in circles at this point.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
              That Pence is either worried that he will cheat on his wife, worried that he will sexually assault a woman, and/or is a sexist? I don't care to hide that at all. There's no evidence that the policy is justified, so there has to be an ulterior motive, as is commonly the case with politicians. It astounds me that certain people are all too eager to take anything someone "on their side" says at face value.
              Your faith in the basic goodness of people is touching. That women have been known to falsely accuse people of rape is quite sufficient evidence that the policy is justified. One of my high school teachers lost his job over such false accusation (a student had a crush on him, and found out he was getting married). YOU are all too eager to believe that someone on the other side must necessarily be lying. Grow up already, you passive-aggressive twit.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Obama was a much more refined liar, to be sure, and much more polished in his egocentricity.
                I think what you probably mean to say is "I don't like Obama, so I'm just going to make bald assertions about him." My guess is that doing so makes you feel justified in your support of the current liar and chief.

Comment

Obama was a much more refined liar, to be sure, and much more polished in his egocentricity.
                  That and he had a sycophantic press corp many of which literally thought of him as a Messiah figure or even god -- and the few that didn't were too scared of being branded a racist if they had the audacity to criticize him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    That and he had a sycophantic press corp many of which literally thought of him as a Messiah figure or even god -- and the few that didn't were too scared of being branded a racist if they had the audacity to criticize him.
                    Well, yeah, there's that, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Your faith in the basic goodness of people is touching. That women have been known to falsely accuse people of rape is quite sufficient evidence that the policy is justified. One of my high school teachers lost his job over such false accusation (a student had a crush on him, and found out he was getting married). YOU are all too eager to believe that someone on the other side must necessarily be lying. Grow up already, you passive-aggressive twit.
                      I'm ashamed of you, OBP - that is a horrible affront to twits the world over.

Comment

I'm ashamed of you, OBP - that is a horrible affront to twits the world over.
                        You still president of the local chapter?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You still president of the local chapter?
                          40 years running, with perfect attendance awards.

Comment

40 years running, with perfect attendance awards.
                            Oooooh. You got the gold leaf cluster around your badge.

Comment

Oooooh. You got the gold leaf cluster around your badge.
                              And the hat with the scrambled eggs on the visor!

Comment

And the hat with the scrambled eggs on the visor!
                                Mine came with bacon. Bet you can guess what happened to that

Comment