Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Free Health Care For All...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In other words, they want me to pay for their healthcare.
    The other big push I have noticed lately by the liberals is for UBI (Universal Basic Income) - They want everything paid for, including getting free money. They seem to see "the Rich" as some infinite money tree. They just exist out there, being greedy and should be made to pay for everything for everybody else. The Golden Goose that never stops laying eggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Read the thread title. and yes people want FREE healthcare.
      Right, exactly, which is why the thread title is dumb.
      That is what socialized healthcare is all about, JimL. "free" for everyone. Just not good healthcare.
      Wrong, which just goes to show that you people have no clue what you are fighting against. Can you tell us how health care can be free for eveyone? Perhaps you think the doctors and hospitals will be required to operate on zero revenue?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Right, exactly, which is why the thread title is dumb.

Wrong, which just goes to show that you people have no clue what you are fighting against. Can you tell us how health care can be free for eveyone? Perhaps you think the doctors and hospitals will be required to operate on zero revenue?
        Are you an idiot?

Comment

Are you an idiot?
          Just answer the question instead of proving Charles point.

Comment

Just answer the question instead of proving Charles point.
            Like your buddy Starlight just said in a recent post, "free" is referring to free at the point of use. No need to buy insurance or pay anything out of pocket when you go see a doctor or end up in the hospital. That is what we are discussing here in this thread. Now stop smoking that weed and sober up if you want to not look like a complete idiot when you post.

Comment

Like your buddy Starlight just said in a recent post, "free" is referring to free at the point of use. No need to buy insurance or pay anything out of pocket when you go see a doctor or end up in the hospital. That is what we are discussing here in this thread.
              Free at the point of use would be great, no? But still, free means free, and there is no such thing as free health care which is how this thread and you are trying to spin it. Be honest.

Now stop smoking that weed and sober up if you want to not look like a complete idiot when you post.
              I only wish. I need to apply for a medically necessary weed card, it's good for your health.

Comment

Free at the point of use would be great, no? But still, free means free, and there is no such thing as free health care which is how this thread and you are trying to spin it. Be honest.
                Jim nobody ever said that the healthcare wasn't being funded somehow. That is the main reason why we conservatives are against "free" healthcare, because ultimately it is not free. I am happy to see you finally come around to our side and way of thinking. Can I get an amen? Now all you need to do is sign up as a republican and join the NRA and all will be good.
                I only wish. I need to apply for a medically necessary weed card, it's good for your health.
                You must be high or how did I trick you into arguing our side of the issue so easily?
                Last edited by Sparko; 08-21-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Jim nobody ever said that the healthcare wasn't being funded somehow. That is the main reason why we conservatives are against "free" healthcare, because ultimately it is not free. I am happy to see you finally come around to our side and way of thinking. Can I get an amen? Now all you need to do is sign up as a republican and join the NRA and all will be good.
                  If it is funded somehow Sparko, then it isn't "free health care for everyone" as you tried to spin it. You are correct, ultimately it is not free, but the goal is to make it affordable for everyone which is why you conservatives are against it. No amen for that!

Comment

right. nothing is actually free, that is why I put it in scare quotes.
                    On "free" is in quotes, the other is not. I don't think most people want "free" healthcare. They know things have costs. Personally, I would rather have a single payer program run by the government, as inefficient as it might sometimes be. Then I at least have the ability to vote people in who will vote for the things I want in my healthcare system. Right now, the current system puts all that power in the hands of companies beholden to the almighty dollar. So my healthcare decisions are significantly under the control of people who primarily care about shareholders and the bottom line.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    But Jimmy is trying to qualify it further and say just "affordable" - which is not what people want when they talk about socialized medical, they want it to not cost them anything at the doctor's or hospital. They want the taxes to cover it all. Like in New Zealand.
                    I cannot speak for most people. I would be happy to pay a predictable, and reasonable, co-pay. And my taxes could climb by as much as $20,000 per year, and I would STILL be ahead of the game. When ALL of us are in the same pool, contribution to the cost with our taxes, the net effect is to level out the costs for everyone. The system we have now is stupid. The young and healthy get a "pass" because they don't use a lot of healthcare. The old and sick burden the system. But someday, the young will BE the old and sick, and then they will burden the system, perpetuating the cycle. If everyone pays throughout their lives, the cost for the young climb slightly, but the cost for the old drop.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      ...there is no such thing as free health care...
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Jimmy has joined the conservatives.

He finally gets it!

Comment

Jimmy has joined the conservatives.

He finally gets it!
                          Just wait til he wakes up - he'll be him again.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Now what was that you were saying about how you don't do these kind of personal attacks.

Comment

Gee weren't you just criticizing Charles for not calling others out for this kind of thing? I just love the hypocrisy!

Comment