Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Sad Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    No one should be on another person's property. That's trespassing. On the street out front? That's a different issue. It's a public right of way. However, impeding their ability to exist their property does, IMO, cross the line. Touching them crosses the line. Impeding their ability to walk or move crosses the line.
    Protesting in front of their homes disrupts the neighborhood. It is called disturbing the peace in most places. Against the law. Do their neighbors deserve to be subjected to a crowd of angry protestors screaming and blocking traffic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Protesting in front of their homes disrupts the neighborhood. It is called disturbing the peace in most places. Against the law.
      If it crosses that line - arrest them...

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Do their neighbors deserve to be subjected to a crowd of angry protestors screaming and blocking traffic?
      You seem to be under the impression that life is fair...?
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Protesting in front of their homes disrupts the neighborhood. It is called disturbing the peace in most places. Against the law. Do their neighbors deserve to be subjected to a crowd of angry protestors screaming and blocking traffic?
        Anyone else remember this incident of protesting at someone's home?: https://hotair.com/archives/2010/05/...fying-his-son/

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If it crosses that line - arrest them...
          being there crosses the line. You usually need a permit to stage a protest.

You seem to be under the impression that life is fair...?
          Who said that? But you seem to think it is fine to harass people just because they are public servants. Try walking up to a police officer and spitting on him and see what happens.

Comment

being there crosses the line. You usually need a permit to stage a protest.
            I repeat - arrest them...

Who said that? But you seem to think it is fine to harass people just because they are public servants.
            I think it is fine to picket and demonstrate people who hold public office and are not holding positions you believe are right (or holding positions you believe are wrong) for our nation/state/locale.

Try walking up to a police officer and spitting on him and see what happens.
            Spitting on people clearly crosses the line.

Out of curiosity...what happened to all of the angst about "shutting down people saying things we don't agree with?" Do not these demonstrators have a right to be heard?
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Comment

Just a reminder to Carp. We were discussing Waters and what she was encouraging people to do:
                I've already made my position on Waters pretty clear.

Which I answered...

Yes, she does.

Can you tell me what she is talking about is "protest" and not "harassment?"
                Again, if people are in public venues, and they are public people (e.g., politicians), they can expect to be demonstrated against and protested against. If violence is being done, if people are being spit on, if private property is being encroached, then the line has been crossed. This is my objection to Waters. She makes no such distinctions, so she invited people to make no such distinctions. That is a problem. It was a problem when Trump did it. It is a problem when Waters does it.

Comment

• Folks over at CNN are resisting saying anything bad about Mad Maxine's call to arms.

For instance, Tuesday on Erin Burnett Outfront, CNN political commentator Angela Rye indignantly declared that Waters "absolutely should not" disavow her controversial comments or apologize for them and then proclaimed that the only reason people are upset is because Waters is black and started babbling on about "lynch mobs."

A little later in the evening, Chris Cuomo, on his show Cuomo Prime Time utterly refused to condemn Waters' rhetoric in spite of two different guests asking him about it, instead choosing to, what else is new, declare that it's all Trump's fault. Cuomo's smug demeanor cracked only momentarily when the second guest (Jason Miller who was a spokesperson during Trump's transition) showed wanted posters of Trump advisor Stephen Miller that were handed out by a group protesting in front of his home after Waters called on the public to assail Trump staff members.

Other protesters left a burnt and decapitated animal on the front porch of a senior DHS official living in the Washington. D.C. I guess this is yet another example of having to "deal with the consequences."

According to the New York Times

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Other protesters left a burnt and decapitated animal on the front porch of a senior DHS official living in the Washington.
                    Isn't it interesting that even 'animal rights' take a back seat to hating Republicans?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Isn't it interesting that even 'animal rights' take a back seat to hating Republicans?
                      The animal was likely a Nazi

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The animal was likely a Nazi
                        You still got that ... um... "flag"... in your garage?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          And many things have not taken a back seat to hating Democrats...?

Do you seriously believe that Republicans hate Democrats any less than Democrats hate Republicans? Have you even READ the pages on this forum?

Comment

I don't hate democrats. I would NEVER advocate harassing them, and would very vocally oppose causing them harm, or the instigation of causing of harm to democrats.

Do you seriously believe that Republicans hate Democrats any less than Democrats hate Republicans?
                            I do.

Have you even READ the pages on this forum?
                            I have.

Comment

Do you seriously believe that Republicans hate Democrats any less than Democrats hate Republicans? Have you even READ the pages on this forum?
                              Why do you hate conservatives so much?
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Did you ever get around to my challenge for you to find equivalent republican rants like Maxine Waters' jackass calls for harassment of conservatives?

Comment