Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservatives fighting back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Wrong, unlawful presence is not a crime,
    Here, let me help you with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      oops...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...awfully-crime/

Comment

Interesting. Thank you.

Comment

When did the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops suddenly become authoritative in matters of law?
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

In order to have an illegal presence, they had to illegally enter the country. Crossing the border without permission or a VISA is a crime. It is basically invasion. And a civil infraction is still a crime. Whenever you break the law you commit a crime.

Is it a Crime to Enter The U.S. Illegally?http://www.uscis.gov/laws/immigratio...ationality-act.)
              http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/...illegally.html

Also next time don't argue by weblink or you will be reported.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                When did the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops suddenly become authoritative in matters of law?
                Jimmy just uses google and whatever source agrees with him. Kinda like Shunya does. Argument ad Googlum.

Comment

Jimmy just uses google and whatever source agrees with him. Kinda like Shunya does. Argument ad Googlum.
                  When, he actually provides a link, yes. It's vanishingly rare that Jim uses any source whatsoever.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    When, he actually provides a link, yes. It's vanishingly rare that Jim uses any source whatsoever.
                    So which of you is the correct mind reader, Sparko or yourself?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      In order to have an illegal presence, they had to illegally enter the country. Crossing the border without permission or a VISA is a crime. It is basically invasion. And a civil infraction is still a crime. Whenever you break the law you commit a crime.

Is it a Crime to Enter The U.S. Illegally?http://www.uscis.gov/laws/immigratio...ationality-act.)
                      http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/...illegally.html
                      And are they guilty prior to conviction? Improper entry, if convicted is a misdemeaner, a $50 fine, not a criminal offense requiring jail and separation from their children.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        So which of you is the correct mind reader, Sparko or yourself?
                        I have no idea why you rarely provide sources. When you do, they typically do not support your case very well. Shunya, although he provides sources much more frequently, also has that problem.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          And are they guilty prior to conviction? Improper entry, if convicted is a misdemeaner, a $50 fine, not a criminal offense requiring jail and separation from their children.
                          Is a murderer guilty when he kills someone or when he is convicted? He is guilty when he murders someone, whether or not he is caught. The law might treat him as innocent until proven guilty, but that is a matter of finding, not truth.

And that is a terribly weak argument on your part.

The punishment for illegal entry is not a $50 fine, where are you getting that from? It is being arrested, then deported.

Comment