Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Separating immigrant families and imprisoning children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    The thing is about 70% of my neighbors are Latino, legal and illegal. I doubt that James personally know any of them.
    Yeah, about 60% of my immediate nieghbors are asian seer, beautiful people, and i have no idea concerning their legal status, and I doubt you do either.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Yeah, about 60% of my immediate nieghbors are asian seer, beautiful people, and i have no idea concerning their legal status, and I doubt you do either.
      No Jim, during the Obama and Bush years they had no problem telling me, we all got along well. Never mind the fact that we had two ICE raids on the three family house next to mine.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• From what I understand, these legal ports of entry are far more dangerous and in fact less likely to result in a successful plea for asylum. The gangs and cartels look for them there to kill them.

Here is a WP article on the issue:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.c4515c1c74f8

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No Jim, during the Obama and Bush years they had no problem telling me, we all got along well. Never mind the fact that we had two ICE raids on the three family house next to mine.
          They missed yours by one house, eh?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            They missed yours by one house, eh?

He,he. My grandparents came here legally between 1895-1910 through Ellis Island. So I think I'm safe....
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

He,he. My grandparents came here legally between 1895-1910 through Ellis Island. So I think I'm safe....
              Ya hear these horror stories about the SWAT team going to the wrong house, and really bad things happening... One night, about 3 AM, we woke up to hear loud speakers, police radios, the front window was BRIGHTLY illuminated, it was noisy outside... and I just KNEW they were about to come crashing into my front door!

Finally went and peeked out the window, my neighbor's house (right across the street) was fully enveloped in flames.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Ya hear these horror stories about the SWAT team going to the wrong house, and really bad things happening... One night, about 3 AM, we woke up to hear loud speakers, police radios, the front window was BRIGHTLY illuminated, it was noisy outside... and I just KNEW they were about to come crashing into my front door!

Finally went and peeked out the window, my neighbor's house (right across the street) was fully enveloped in flames.
                Yeah, there are always mistakes. In one of the cases at my neighbors (the were Mexican back then, mostly from Guatemala today) they were looking for my neighbors wife. I'm not sure what she did.

Comment

• So I'm not like all down for comparing the US to Nazi germany but I think that what the government did was create a big problem by stuffing people in federal prison. There is a serious mishandling of immigration while under the old policy it wasn't perfect and yes it needed work but now people in desperate need of help can't get any and its really sad. We can do a whole heck of a lot better than this. I'm not saying we didn't or haven't had problems but this is bad. And it's wrong.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    And they all HATE Merkel.

They don't like Trump either, but they only know what their news reports. But Merkel, they hate.
                    I'm curious. Did they vote AFD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      In Germany this is actually a valid complaint. In the US it's an imaginary one which is why I mock you guys for making it.

In the US, illegal immigrants usually have to pay taxes (they fake a social security number to give to their employer as part of the required pretense that they are legal, and taxes are then taken out of their wages), but are ineligible for welfare benefits. You can read more about it all here. They are pretty clearly a massive positive benefit to the US in terms of paying far more in taxes than they are getting in welfare.

On LGBT rights Germany was actually the bigoted country that everyone pitied even more than the US. Their long hold-out on same-sex marriage made them a laughingstock as much as Australia's. The US got same-sex marriage more than 2 years before Germany did. Germany, for whatever reason, seems to be by far the worst of the Western European countries on LGBT issues.

You'll be pleased to know that a cake-baker made the news today here in NZ for refusing to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding. Pretty straightforwardly illegal under NZ law, but it doesn't seem like the couple are planning to push it through the courts. Although it happened in an incredibly small town so dunno what their fall-back plan will be because it seems unlikely there's many options there in terms of shopping around.
                      I love it.

Starlight: The US is the laughingstock of Europe and the rest of the world!
                      Sparko: Here I am in Europe and they say different.
                      Starlight: well, except for Germany of course, they are worse than the US!
                      Sparko: They don't like illegal immigrants either.
                      Starlight: well they have a reason not to. But the US doesn't!

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        In Germany this is actually a valid complaint. In the US it's an imaginary one which is why I mock you guys for making it.

In the US, illegal immigrants usually have to pay taxes
                        Fake News! In slanted article of yours even, estimate is 'about half'.

but are ineligible for welfare benefits.
                        They cause yuge drain on public funds, sad!
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I love it.

Starlight: The US is the laughingstock of Europe and the rest of the world!
                          Sparko: Here I am in Europe and they say different.
                          Starlight: well, except for Germany of course, they are worse than the US!
                          Sparko: They don't like illegal immigrants either.
                          Starlight: well they have a reason not to. But the US doesn't!

He's a gift that keeps on giving, and we love him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            On that you are wrong pix. We are to love even our enemies, we are to visit those in prison, and per the impetus of the Jewish law, we are to prefer the stranger among us.
                            But only once they are actually among you. While they're desperately trying to get among you, you bar their way, imprison them and take their children away.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              But only once they are actually among you. While they're desperately trying to get among you, you bar their way, imprison them and take their children away.
                              That does seem to be how certain strains of the religion interpret those verses these days. Isn't it funny how a 'literal' interpretation of scripture is all the rage ... except when it impacts one's pocket book or personal comfort level?

Jim
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                That does seem to be how certain strains of the religion interpret those verses these days. Isn't it funny how a 'literal' interpretation of scripture is all the rage ... except when it impacts one's pocket book or personal comfort level?

Jim
                                So now you are slandering your fellow Christians Jim?
                                Last edited by seer; 07-10-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment