Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hogg Wild Profanity Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, I just think it's funny how quickly it happened --- one day he was the media darling, then it's like they woke up and realized the guy is just a self-absorbed nutter.
    Please to not worry, they have lots of useful idiots.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      Yes, maybe allow people to buy into Medicare. I have a supplement from Blue cross, that cost $190.00 a month. Let the insurance companies keep providing supplements. And to be honest Sparko, I have had nothing but good experiences with the VA and Medicare.
      If you have to pay $190/month then what good does having "free healthcare" do you? I am getting my healthcare for $88/month now through my employer. My employer pays the rest. I don't think if they went to "free healthcare" that my company would give me the money they save as a raise. They would just keep it, and then I too would need to buy a supplement that would end up costing me more than I am paying now for the same coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If you have to pay $190/month then what good does having "free healthcare" do you? I am getting my healthcare for $88/month now through my employer. My employer pays the rest. I don't think if they went to "free healthcare" that my company would give me the money they save as a raise. They would just keep it, and then I too would need to buy a supplement that would end up costing me more than I am paying now for the same coverage.
        I don't pay the supplement, my company does. That will change if I retire, which I' not...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I don't pay the supplement, my company does. That will change if I retire, which I' not...
          Ever? Me either.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ah. Yeah I probably can't afford to retire until at least 67 myself. But then I would have to buy a supplement too. Because Medicare only covers the hospital bill. Part B covers Doctors. and Part B costs a $135 premium. And Part D (drugs) costs extra, etc.

Comment

ah. Yeah I probably can't afford to retire until at least 67 myself. But then I would have to buy a supplement too. Because Medicare only covers the hospital bill. Part B covers Doctors. and Part B costs a $135 premium. And Part D (drugs) costs extra, etc.
              So far, my "drugs" involve a baby aspirin once every morning --- but now I'm hearing that's BAD for you. Currently, my "drug regimen" costs about $27 a year.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm just not going to retire, God willing...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm just not going to retire, God willing...
                  I was out sick for about 2 months once and I was bored out of my mind. I couldn't wait to get back to work.

Comment

So far, my "drugs" involve a baby aspirin once every morning --- but now I'm hearing that's BAD for you. Currently, my "drug regimen" costs about $27 a year.
                    Why is it bad for you now?

Comment

Why is it bad for you now?
                      Supposedly, there are new studies that say DO NOT take baby aspirin....

Comment

I was out sick for about 2 months once and I was bored out of my mind. I couldn't wait to get back to work.
                        I love Mrs CP, but when we're home together all day.... Yeah, I need to be "doing something".

When I was younger, I was a technical writer, writing instruction manuals for commercial power inversion equipment. We had a period of time when a big customer delayed an order, and my boss told me "OK, we're going to have about 2 weeks with nothing to do, so I need you to sit at your desk and look busy". (this was before personal computers)

That was the most MISERABLE time.... you'd look at the clock, and it would be 9:15 am...... two hours later, you look again, and it's 9:17 am.....

Comment

My dad, who just turned 80 this month, recently went in for a surgery. He was asked to list the medicines he is on. His answer was his multivitamin and an aspirin (half a Dispirin to give the brand name) a day. As it thins the blood, and apparently helps keep the stent he had put in 2 years ago clean.

The folk at the hospital were shocked that he was not on a handful of pills each day. (not that he needs them, but because most folk his age are on lots of medications)
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                            My dad, who just turned 80 this month, recently went in for a surgery. He was asked to list the medicines he is on. His answer was his multivitamin and an aspirin (half a Dispirin to give the brand name) a day. As it thins the blood, and apparently helps keep the stent he had put in 2 years ago clean.

The folk at the hospital were shocked that he was not on a handful of pills each day. (not that he needs them, but because most folk his age are on lots of medications)
                            Yeah, one of the things I used to do for older people in my congregations was to help them assemble all their meds and lists of meds, and take them to a doctor who specialized in this stuff, and have the doc sort out.... "OK, you don't need this one, because this other one does that already, and you don't need this one, because it negates the effects of this one, and....." One of my WWII vet friends went from 19 meds down to 5.

These old guys would have a heart doctor and a liver doctor and a respiratory doctor and.... they wouldn't do a very good job of coordinating. Fortunately, most of the pharmacies these days are computerized and will issue warnings if you try to fill a prescription that conflicts or duplicates something you already have.

For now - for me - it's just --- I forgot, I also take (when I remember) one of those over-the-counter allergy meds along with my baby aspirin.

Comment

Yeah, one of the things I used to do for older people in my congregations was to help them assemble all their meds and lists of meds, and take them to a doctor who specialized in this stuff, and have the doc sort out.... "OK, you don't need this one, because this other one does that already, and you don't need this one, because it negates the effects of this one, and....." One of my WWII vet friends went from 19 meds down to 5.

These old guys would have a heart doctor and a liver doctor and a respiratory doctor and.... they wouldn't do a very good job of coordinating. Fortunately, most of the pharmacies these days are computerized and will issue warnings if you try to fill a prescription that conflicts or duplicates something you already have.

For now - for me - it's just --- I forgot, I also take (when I remember) one of those over-the-counter allergy meds along with my baby aspirin.
                              If there ever was a zombie apocalypse and civilization collapsed, I would be probably on the zombie side inside a month. mmm brains....

Comment

• Oh, I forgot -- I also take one of those memory booster pills called... um...... they REALLY work good!

Comment