Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden for PREZ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    They said they tried to interfere -- much like they have done in every election since the start of the Cold War. They never said they "helped ensure that Hillary would lose." In fact folks like Rosenstein, no friend of Trump's by any measure, have said just the opposite -- they were ineffective[1]. That is your own illegitimate spin that you seek to add. This has become your sleazy modus operandi just like when you tried to dishonestly slip "nice white countries" into a supposed quote by Trump.

1. To be more precise he said that not a single vote was changed nor was the election outcome affected by their attempted meddling.

Moreover, FBI director Christopher Wray declared at a conference held at the Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies (a think tank that US News & World Report ranks as centrist) that "[The Russians] do not tamper in our infrastructure. They try to destabilize the integrity of our system by usually backing losers and getting the losers all upset claiming something went awry, and that promotes disharmony and distrust of the election system." And the left is doing just what they hoped for.
    You really need to stop with the silly "they said not a single vote was changed" idiocy. "They" couldn't tell you anything about that, they don't know, it's not something that can be known. Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes, he won the electoral college by taking 3 states by a few thousands votes apiece. That could easily be due to influence targeting by Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      You really need to stop with the silly "they said not a single vote was changed" idiocy. "They" couldn't tell you anything about that, they don't know, it's not something that can be known. Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes, he won the electoral college by taking 3 states by a few thousands votes apiece. That could easily be due to influence targeting by Russia.
      Evidence for your assertion? NONE, despite almost two years of trying.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You really need to stop with the silly "they said not a single vote was changed" idiocy.
        So you've joined Tass in fabricating fake quotes. I never said "they said not a single vote was changed" as you falsely quote. I said "he said not a single vote was changed" and I made it crystal clear that the he here is Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein. And to be precise Rosenstein said "There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result." IOW, if there is no evidence that they "changed the vote count" then not a single vote was changed. He was asked about this several times and has stood by it.
        Last edited by rogue06; 10-06-2018, 11:52 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So you've joined Tass in fabricating fake quotes. I never said "they said not a single vote was changed" as you falsely quote. I said "he said not a single vote was changed" and I made it crystal clear that the he here is Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein. And to be precise Rosenstein said "There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result." IOW, if there is no evidence that they "changed the vote count" then not a single vote was changed. He was asked about this several times and has stood by it.
          I don't know that any of that is true or not. Knowing you it probably is not. But even if it were, it again is completely idiotic nonsense. That there is no allegation that the Russian/Trump administration conspiracy actually changed a vote does not mean that a single vote was not changed. I know that's something that those of you who support Putins fav like to cling to, but it's meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Yeah, she was fair game, but, as I mentioned, even the Dems knew they had to tread lightly on attacking "a war hero".
            Why? Trump didn't.

Comment

I don't know that any of that is true or not. Knowing you it probably is not. But even if it were, it again is completely idiotic nonsense. That there is no allegation that the Russian/Trump administration conspiracy actually changed a vote does not mean that a single vote was not changed. I know that's something that those of you who support Putins fav like to cling to, but it's meaningless.
              So as I noted the left that has now returned to their standard position of calling what intelligence officials say a bunch of horse hockey. That didn't take long

And I can't help but notice your silence about getting caught red-handed fabricating a fake quote.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                Why? Trump didn't.
                And that is part of what makes Trump... um, "special."

Comment

• Also I don't think the Democrats needed much help with character assassinating Sarah Palin. Remember when she said she knew about foreign policy because you could see Russia from Alaska?

She was a populist though. I think the segment she stirred was the same segment who loves Trump's way of talking.

Comment

Also I don't think the Democrats needed much help with character assassinating Sarah Palin. Remember when she said she knew about foreign policy because you could see Russia from Alaska?

She was a populist though. I think the segment she stirred was the same segment who loves Trump's way of talking.
                    What she said was that having foreign countries as neighbors (both Russia and Canada) provides a level of exposure that many others are lacking.

While I don't think she was a great pick I find it interesting that all the comments from the MSM about her not being experienced enough for the second highest office were never applied by them to Obama -- who had less experience and was seeking the highest office.

And then there was the MSM's expressed desperate need to attack her. For example:
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Washington Monthly
                    Suzanne Nossel, the executive director of PEN American Center, which ironically purports to defend free expression by writers and others (as long as they are conservative I guess) made the following suggestion: "I think it is and can be spun as a profoundly sexist pick. Women should feel umbrage at the idea that their votes can be attracted just by putting a woman, any woman, on the ticket no matter her qualifications or views."[1]

Jonathan Stein then with Mother JonesMother Jones and now senior enterprise editor at Huffington PostThe Nation, wrote: "Keep the ideas coming! Have to go on TV to talk about this in a few min and need all the help I can get."

Comment

• What really struck me was her comment about fruit fly research, which got her a roaring cheer from the crowd. That one just made me sad and tired, mostly because its easy to dismiss science, and I've been seeing anti-intellectualism like that more and more.

Originally posted by rogue06
                      While I don't think she was a great pick I find it interesting that all the comments from the MSM about her not being experienced enough for the second highest office were never applied by them to Obama -- who had less experience and was seeking the highest office.
                      Well ever since him and Obama, we can definitely say you don't need any political experience to be President of the united states.

Comment

WWhile I don't think she was a great pick I find it interesting that all the comments from the MSM about her not being experienced enough for the second highest office were never applied by them to Obama -- who had less experience and was seeking the highest office.
                        That really depends on how you qualify "experience." Sarah Palin was in politics for longer than Obama, but most of that was on the local level. The only things she had at the state level at the time of the election was 1 year of being the chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and one and a half years of being a governor. Obama had been active at the state level for 7 years as a state Senator, and then being a US Senator for 3 years. Does being a governor for 1.5 years (Executive Branch, but state level) count as a more relevant experience than being a Senator (national level, but Legislative Branch) for 3 years? Does 4 years of city council plus 6 years of being mayor of a city with a population of less than 10,000 count as more experience than being a State Senator for 7 years?

Comment

Why? Trump didn't.
                          To me, that was one of his really low moments.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            To me, that was one of his really low moments.
                            Yet he easily won. I think it shows that the political landscape has changed. Assumptions we've all held like that military heroes are untouchable have to be revisited.

Right after McCain died, one of my co-workers, who is a combat veteran (who's also big on not badmouthing your own type) and an outspoken conservative, was parading his view that he was a traitor.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                              That really depends on how you qualify "experience." Sarah Palin was in politics for longer than Obama, but most of that was on the local level. The only things she had at the state level at the time of the election was 1 year of being the chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and one and a half years of being a governor. Obama had been active at the state level for 7 years as a state Senator, and then being a US Senator for 3 years. Does being a governor for 1.5 years (Executive Branch, but state level) count as a more relevant experience than being a Senator (national level, but Legislative Branch) for 3 years? Does 4 years of city council plus 6 years of being mayor of a city with a population of less than 10,000 count as more experience than being a State Senator for 7 years?
                              Obama was widely known for being "Senator Present" not wanting to vote on anything that could be controversial since he wanted to market himself as all things to all people (hence the vacuous "Change you can believe in" slogan). And even then a large chunk of his time in the Senate he wasn't even present but out on the campaign trail.

The real point is that neither had much experience but this was only held against Palin and she wasn't seeking as high of a position.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                Yet he easily won. I think it shows that the political landscape has changed. Assumptions we've all held like that military heroes are untouchable have to be revisited.

Right after McCain died, one of my co-workers, who is a combat veteran (who's also big on not badmouthing your own type) and an outspoken conservative, was parading his view that he was a traitor.
                                I've had my experiences in SE Asia, and this is too raw for me, so I'll bow out.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment