Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

SCOTUS & gay wedding cakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    In that case they can simply pick up a generic wedding cake and there is no problem.

That Tass is a case of being hoisted by your own petard.
    Tass can't see that, by marginalizing the baker, he's actually making the case that the 'gay couple' is purposely and unnecessarily picking fight they don't need to fight.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Repeating the same thing over and over does not make it true.
      This is Tassman's main strategy. To just repeat the same thing over and over until you get tired of responding and then he can claim since you did not respond he "won"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        This is Tassman's main strategy. To just repeat the same thing over and over until you get tired of responding and then he can claim since you did not respond he "won"
        Won't he get tired of winning? Won't he get SO TIRED of winning that he'll give up and leave?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Exactly. There is no need to protect what everyone agrees with or is comfortable with.
          Except, of course, in the case of the christian who disagrees with and is uncomfortable with gay marriage.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Originally posted by rogue06
            Exactly. There is no need to protect what everyone agrees with or is comfortable with.
            Except, of course, in the case of the christian who disagrees with and is uncomfortable with gay marriage.
            Except? So you believe in the following statement "everyone agrees with or is comfortable with considering homosexuality a sin?" That's pretty much the only way your sentence can make sense as a retort to rogue06.

You honestly believe that most people consider homosexuality a sin, or that if they do that its on a level where they don't want to support it? You really think that's reality in the US?

Comment

Won't he get tired of winning? Won't he get SO TIRED of winning that he'll give up and leave?

I was curious about the URL in the bottom-left corner of this image, so I visited the website.

Personally, I would not use images/cartoons from a website whose motto, in bold letters at the top of the page, is "Live Fast, Troll Hard."

Isn't it enough that we now have a Troller-in-Chief? Can't the rest of us raise our sights (and sites) just a little bit?
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                I was curious about the URL in the bottom-left corner of this image, so I visited the website.

Personally, I would not use images/cartoons from a website whose motto, in bold letters at the top of the page, is "Live Fast, Troll Hard."

Isn't it enough that we now have a Troller-in-Chief? Can't the rest of us raise our sights (and sites) just a little bit?
                use this one: https://imgflip.com/

Comment

I never have.

I didn't notice that, and I didn't get it from their website - I simply searched for that expression, and used one of the images available.

Tell ya what --- I'll be more careful about the images I use, and you dial down the preachery, ok? That's my job.

(Seriously, yeah - I'll pay better attention to the tag)

Comment

I never have.

I didn't notice that, and I didn't get it from their website - I simply searched for that expression, and used one of the images available.

Tell ya what --- I'll be more careful about the images I use, and you dial down the preachery, ok?
                    So - out of curiosity - how would you suggest I convey the message I tried to convey without engaging in "preachery?"

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    That's my job.

(Seriously, yeah - I'll pay better attention to the tag)
                    I've drawn from bad sources too. It happens.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      use this one: https://imgflip.com/
                      I'm frankly not big on memes. I don't find they do much to further the conversation. They just further the divide by ridiculing those we do not agree with.

I didn't used to think that way - and I used them quite a lot. I made the decision to stop.

Comment

I'm frankly not big on memes. I don't find they do much to further the conversation. They just further the divide by ridiculing those we do not agree with.

I didn't used to think that way - and I used them quite a lot. I made the decision to stop.
                        Ah, you became an old fart!

Comment

So - out of curiosity - how would you suggest I convey the message I tried to convey without engaging in "preachery?"
                          You seem just a tad more 'sensitive' today than normal. Everything OK?

Comment

Made this just for you...

Comment

• Treasure of Sierra Madre! I love that movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                Treasure of Sierra Madre! I love that movie.
                                Blazing Saddles wasn't it?

Comment