Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

SCOTUS & gay wedding cakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Ahh... I see. Yes. I have no problem with people voicing their discontent or unhappiness with people that believe same-sex marriage is OK. Likewise, I have no problem with people voicing their belief that same-sex marriage is not OK. Those are beliefs. People are entitled to their beliefs, and to speak their beliefs freely.
    But not to "exercise" those beliefs. Ok.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      No my dim-witted friend. They thought by getting Trump as Hillary's opponent that she could breeze into the White House. Didn't work out that way.
      Okay rogue, and tell us how exactly did the MSM go about getting Trump nominated.

Something like this happened several decades ago in the state I live. Since primaries are open a large number of Republicans crossed-over to vote for a Democrat they were sure was pure poison and could never win in the up-coming gubernatorial race. They succeeded in getting him as the Democrat's candidate.

But then the concept of be careful what you wish for reared its head and the election had no clear winner (thanks to many horrified Democrats backing a third party candidate) so it got thrown to the state legislature to decide. Even though the Republican candidate won the majority of the votes cast (but not the required >50%) the Democrat-dominated General Assembly held their collective noses and selected their fellow Democrat to be the next governor.
      That is not the same thing at all. That was a republican strategy, not a media scheme. So, how did the MSM pull it off, how did they get Trump nominated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And boy do those liberals ever get it REALLY wrong when they assume that somebody is a "Trumpster" simply because they exercised their right to employ a protest vote.
        You voted for a treasonous, authoritarian, anti-democratic, Putin wannabe as a protest against Hillary?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          You voted for a treasonous, authoritarian, anti-democratic, Putin wannabe as a protest against Hillary?
          That might be the way an ignorant leftist loon might describe it after a half dozen beers.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm aware this is how the intolerant drama queen loony left characterizes the President, yes.
            If you can't yet see who Trump actually is, then you are either very naive and easily conned, or you whole heartily support the treasonous scum bag.

Comment

If you can't yet see who Trump actually is, then you are either very naive and easily conned, or you whole heartily support the treasonous scum bag.
              Congratulations, Jim! You have created a false dichotomy of the sloppiest kind!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I only agree with 3 out of those 4. I don't think he's treasonous.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I only agree with 3 out of those 4. I don't think he's treasonous.
                  We will know for certain when Mueller's report comes out, but right now as President of the U.S., and leader of Western democracies, he is absolutely doing Putins will. There is no doubt in my mind that he is either beholden to Putin for some nefarious reason, or he is in ideological agreement with the authoritarian and thus a traitor. Also, plain old common sense should tell you that an innocent man doesn't act the way Trump has acted since the beginning of this investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    Not if exercising those beliefs denies others the rights that you and I enjoy, namely to marry a partner of our own choosing.

Comment

Okay rogue, and tell us how exactly did the MSM go about getting Trump nominated.
                      Saturation coverage (and at that point not much criticism[1]) to the exclusion of the other candidates would be a start.

1. That started only after it looked like he would win

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Saturation coverage (and at that point not much criticism[1]) to the exclusion of the other candidates would be a start.

1. That started only after it looked like he would win
                        This is like explaining a card trick to a chicken.

Comment

We will know for certain when Mueller's report comes out, but right now as President of the U.S., and leader of Western democracies, he is absolutely doing Putins will. There is no doubt in my mind that he is either beholden to Putin for some nefarious reason, or he is in ideological agreement with the authoritarian and thus a traitor. Also, plain old common sense should tell you that an innocent man doesn't act the way Trump has acted since the beginning of this investigation.
                          Wow. Do you also believe he faked the moon landings?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            They are absolutely free to exercise those beliefs - in a non-discriminatory fashion.

All of our beliefs have boundaries, Norrin. There are lines that cannot be crossed just because your religious beliefs say "believe this." So the baker can own the consequence of their moral choice and simply get out of the wedding cake business. Problem solved. No discrimination is happening, and they can "exercise" their beliefs. If they stay in the wedding cake business, they should morally (and hopefully someday, legally) provide it to all couples regardless of their sex.
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              They are absolutely free to exercise those beliefs - in a non-discriminatory fashion.

All of our beliefs have boundaries, Norrin. There are lines that cannot be crossed just because your religious beliefs say "believe this." So the baker can own the consequence of their moral choice and simply get out of the wedding cake business. Problem solved. No discrimination is happening, and they can "exercise" their beliefs. If they stay in the wedding cake business, they should morally (and hopefully someday, legally) provide it to all couples regardless of their sex.
                              If they equally sell the things they offer to ALL people, problem solved! They don't do same sex wedding cakes, and they equally do not offer them to everybody!

(Have I missed the part where you responded to my response to your argument that there are no same sex wedding cakes - just wedding cakes?)

Comment

Wow. Do you also believe he faked the moon landings?
                                There is no corelation. Trump has undermined our relationships with our European allies, ignored direct interference by the Russians with our electoral process, and refuses to speak against putin. He is deeply connected to several Russian people with direct ties to the Kremlin. If trump is not in putins pocket, he may as well be. Because Putin could not ask for much more than he is getting from Donald trump in terms of strengthening Russian position on the world stage.

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment