Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is the US government good for our health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS,

If Ebola becomes an actual epidemic here in the USA, and they developed a vaccine against it, would you get the shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
      You seem to be pretty sure of what constitutes a strong immune system and how powerful a strong immune system can be. Do you not practice what you preach?
      I have not suffered any flu even though I have not gotten shot for it. Colds, neither. (Don't tell me that there is no practical vaccine for colds.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        TS,

If Ebola becomes an actual epidemic here in the USA, and they developed a vaccine against it, would you get the shot?
        If Ebola reaches the epidemic stage in the USA and they developed a vaccine against Ebola that I know is safe and effective, yes, I would.

Are you really the kind of person that immediately cry "Conspiracy theory" just about every time someone presents evidence of a conspiracy? If so I ask you to stop posting things like that captioned picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
          I have not suffered any flu even though I have not gotten shot for it. Colds, neither. (Don't tell me that there is no practical vaccine for colds.)
          So would you be willing to ingest an ebola culture?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            TS,

I've read that book (Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six) and if it's Vaccine-A then no (Vaccine-B all good)
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Sparko, I've changed my mind. Not that you do not reflexively shout "Conspiracy theory" every time someone attempts to show evidence of a conspiracy. Rather, I should not have gotten upset by your persistent persecution. I should have laughed off your ineffective attempts to discourage me. Go ahead and post all those humorously captioned pictures here. I'll try not to let those bug me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                I've read that book (Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six) and if it's Vaccine-A then no (Vaccine-B all good)
                Not familiar with that book. For the benefit of those readers who are not either, would you mind explaining?

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                  So would you be willing to ingest an ebola culture?
                  I think I remember your posts. Reactions to them generally seems to be that you are a nut. If it would save lives overall, sure I would ingest that.

Comment

Not familiar with that book. For the benefit of those readers who are not either, would you mind explaining?
                    ***** Spoiler ALERT ****** details in white text

A bunch of radical enviro nut scientists want to get rid of most of the human population. They create a stronger version of Ebola (named Shiva). They create a whole heap of international terror incidents to ramp up security fears for the Sydney Olympics (as a co-conspirator has an international security firm). They plan to infect all the athletes and spectators with Shiva.

When the panic ensues they will spread Vaccine-A to the world (which isn't really a vaccine, but more Shiva virus) while the lucky few they've chosen will get Vaccine-B (the real vaccine).

John Clark and Ding Chavez proceed to kick environut butt and save the day.

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Oh, wow, the news the past 30 hours makes the US health care system seem like a joke. RNs are complaining that they are ill-trained and poorly equipped to care for Ebola patients, for one thing. And the second Dallas nurse to get Ebola was allowed to fly back to Dallas even after she reported Ebola-like symptoms. The last plane she was on, was flown five more times afterwards before finally being taken out of service. We still don't have adequate vaccine supplies, even supposing they really would help a little.

Comment

Oh, wow, the news the past 30 hours makes the US health care system seem like a joke. RNs are complaining that they are ill-trained and poorly equipped to care for Ebola patients, for one thing. And the second Dallas nurse to get Ebola was allowed to fly back to Dallas even after she reported Ebola-like symptoms. The last plane she was on, was flown five more times afterwards before finally being taken out of service. We still don't have adequate vaccine supplies, even supposing they really would help a little.
                        There is no vaccine for ebola. Not yet. and yes the CDC seems to be pretty ignorant in the way they are handling things and training doctors and nurses on how to handle things.

Comment

Disclaimer: "Buyer beware!" The government should have made the market a honest place, but that caveat is still necessary. The risks that you decide to take on are solely your responsibility. Whatever advice you take from my posts here has to be treated with due diligence. I cannot guarantee that I will never make a mistake, but your health or that of your dependents is still solely your responsibility.

Mere coincidence? The West Africa nations that had suffered from Ebola outbreaks or are experiencing the current epidemic happen to have per-capita incidences of severely malnourished persons that are among the highest in the world. I am afraid the CDC and other government agencies are either incompetent in treating Ebola cases or--please read this quote from a webpage
                          Murdering people by refusing to render proper care in favor of Big Medicine. For details on what is proper care and why it is the right kind of care:
                          http://drsircus.com/medicine/ebola-s...athic-medicine (same link as above)
                          That sent Sparko into paroxysms of laughter, you may recall. Perhaps he read something like this:
                          Nevertheless, I still think malnutrition is an important factor.

Comment

• An analysis of Obamacare costs came out this week. As many people probably have suspected, Obamacare will add to the USFG defict to the tune of more than $100 billion.
                            "Now there can be no doubt: Obamacare will increase the deficit" http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...e-the-deficit/

Comment

• Disclaimer: "Buyer beware!" The government should have made the market a honest place, but that caveat is still necessary. The risks that you decide to take on are solely your responsibility. Whatever advice you take from my posts here has to be treated with due diligence. I cannot guarantee that I will never make a mistake, but your health or that of your dependents is still solely your responsibility.

A reader of Tomorrow in Review said something, iIuc, that the Ebola virus can't "find purchase" in lung tissue. If that's so, the virus would need to evolve rather radically to be a "respiratory" disease. "And it's no more likely [to become so] than it is for you to, say, get hit by lightning in the middle of a sharknado while clutching a winning lottery ticket in your hand."

That makes me wonder: What is the data on diseases that were initially not respiratory but eventually did go "respiratory"? Respiratory like the flu, I suppose?

Comment

• a "reader" said???? Yeah that sounds perfectly trustworthy and true.

Comment