Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Destruction Of Kanye West...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    How dare he try and escape the leftist Plantation?
    The thing about being black is that we're looked at weird the second we don't hop on the liberal train.
    I was talking to my brother about this black Conservative named Thomas Sowell, and how he says we should address black issues and his response was "we shouldn't blame black people for what has happened to us."
    The fun part about coming not coming as far left as the rest is that I can't be accused of being white and privileged( Never believed in white privileged), but people find their way.
    Even though Kanye can be crazy as hell but he and others have inspired me.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Apart from this story, it is highly likely that Kanye West really is mentally ill based on his past behavior (extreme narcissism, multiple attempts of wandering on stage at awards show for self aggrandizement, speaking in the first [you mean third] person). It does leave a sour taste if people use his support of Trump as evidence for this, though.
      One can see why he would identify with Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Not necessarily. Left wing means left of center.
        Point.

Literally, yes. In actuality, the "mainstream" media has been carrying the Left's water since well before my time.
        The right wing, in an attempt to move the country further right, made a strategic decision to attack the center rather than the left. It's good math. If you want to move the average to one side, strip the other from the sum.

But it's not honest.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          It is amazing that you can still hand wave things off when you have your fingers stuck so deeply in your ears
          Is the sample random, or carefully selected. Do the leader of the party and prominent congressional leaders agree. Which of your anecdotes was supposed to be representative of the opposition.

What is your reputation on presenting unbiased facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
            ... named Thomas Sowell ...
            v. Kanye West

One of these two is worthy of discussion.

Comment

So how about we take a look at how the left-wing MSM actually treats conservative blacks complete with actual quotes and the like?
              Actual quotes v. a wall of text with not a single link to any source, no attempt to show they're anything more than cherry-picked, and good reason to believe the links were excluded because they provide immediate rebuttals to the characterizations.

_____
              As for West, over on CNN Tonight, anchor Don Lemon implied that his pro-Trump tweets ought to be seen as evidence that West does "not "care about black people."

Citation needed. And how does implication match with that quotation. Something wrong here.

_____
              The Washington Post

That's a perspective piece, not a story, that you couldn't be bothered to link, or worse, didn't link because it's an effective rebuttal.

There's no sense that you actually read it, and more than a tinge of doubt that you're including it because you follow Swerdlick. There's a hidden source behind this. I've busted you on plagiarism before. The suspicion is always going to be there, now.

_____
              ... while Slate is now trying to link him to the "Alt-Right" because of his support for Trump (remember folks, anyone who has the temerity to disagree with the left is automatically a Nazi and the like )

Citation needed. And actual quotes.

I stopped searching after I ran into this.

_____
              [1].

1. His mother-in-law Kris Jenner, a hard-core Hillary supporter, made a big fuss over wanting to make sure that everyone knows that West lives in a house worth $60 million, not $20 million like he had said -- as if that matters.

Why is that a footnote, why is there no link, and let's not pretend you listen to Ebro in The Morning.

_____
              Even the paper that you revere and venerate ...

Stop whinging about your piss-poor news sources getting no respect.
              ... went after West ...

Citation needed.
              ... insinuating that the bond between him and Trump (which apparently goes back several years) is a sign that his mental health is now up for debate[2]2. There are many actions that one could point to in West's past which might lead one to wonder about him but they picked his friendship with Trump

Found it
              Poopity scoop.

_____

NewsBusters
              Exposing & Combating Liberal Media Bias

This is what you're reading while you're whinging about the New York Times.

_____
              This apparently caused psychologist and talk-show host Dr. Phil McGraw to, while a guest on NBC's morning gab-fest The View to complain that it's unfair to try and diagnose Kanye West with mental illness based on his new pro-Trump tweets.

Citation needed.

_____

There are very few things in the American political landscape with a smaller payoff than supporting Donald Trump. Ask Flynn. Or even defending him. Ask Cohen.

But that would be cherry picking.

Better to ask the Republican party.
              Last edited by Juvenal; 04-30-2018, 08:42 AM. Reason: readability

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                As for West, over on CNN Tonight, anchor Don Lemon implied that his pro-Trump tweets ought to be seen as evidence that West does "not "care about black people."

Citation needed. And how does implication match with that quotation. Something wrong here.
                The Washington Post

That's a perspective piece, not a story, that you couldn't be bothered to link, or worse, didn't link because it's an effective rebuttal.
                For me it was behind a paywall (something WaPo must have recently started) and I hate when someone else links to something that isn't readily accessible.

There's no sense that you actually read it, and more than a tinge of doubt that you're including it because you follow Swerdlick. There's a hidden source behind this. I've busted you on plagiarism before. The suspicion is always going to be there, now.
                You have petulantly made unsubstantiated claims of plagiarism when you've been busted and that you utterly refused to back up -- even though I provided a long list of the exact sources that I used (like while discussing Islam and where you also didn't know the difference between an ayat and a surah while accusing me of being the one who was confused).

... while Slate is now trying to link him to the "Alt-Right" because of his support for Trump (remember folks, anyone who has the temerity to disagree with the left is automatically a Nazi and the like )

Citation needed. And actual quotes.

I stopped searching after I ran into this.
                Your google-fu skills must suck since it was literally the first link I checked after typing Slate, West, Alt-Right into the search field.

[1].

1. His mother-in-law Kris Jenner, a hard-core Hillary supporter, made a big fuss over wanting to make sure that everyone knows that West lives in a house worth $60 million, not $20 million like he had said -- as if that matters.

Why is that a footnote, why is there no link, and let's not pretend you listen to Ebro in The Morning.
                I don't think his show is syndicated so it would be hard for me to pick it up. As for you're gripping about the footnote...

Even the paper that you revere and venerate ...

Stop whinging about your piss-poor news sources getting no respect.
                ... went after West ...

Citation needed.
                Your "piss-poor news source" lied through their teeth about his wife being one who is worried about his sanity because of his support for Trump: "apparently alarmed his wife, Kim Kardashian West[/quote]

In reality she has been steadfastly defending him (calling him a "free thinker") and slamming those for saying this somehow proves he's insane. In a tweet Kim Kardashian wrote:

And

Seems like in the second one that she had the New York Times specifically in mind.

So why is the New York Times making things up? Filling a "fake news" quota?

This ain't about what his friends said, and no insinuations are needed. That's straight up channeling Charlie Sheen there.
                So then why did the New York Times feel it was necessary to concoct a load of codswallop about what his wife thinks?

Poopity scoop.
                A truly convincing rebuttal. Gotta admire how you marshaled your evidence and presented in such a logical manner making any rebuttal pointless

NewsBusters
                Exposing & Combating Liberal Media Bias

This is what you're reading while you're whinging about the New York Times.
                Actually from here: https://papundits.wordpress.com/2018...-trump-tweets/

This apparently caused psychologist and talk-show host Dr. Phil McGraw to, while a guest on NBC's morning gab-fest The View to complain that it's unfair to try and diagnose Kanye West with mental illness based on his new pro-Trump tweets.

Citation needed.
                The View 11:00 EDT NBC April 26, 2018

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Daz Dillinger, who recorded several successful hip hop records as part of Tha Dogg Pound duo in the 1990s, made the apparent threat in a video posted to his Instagram, which was later removed. (WARNING: Video includes explicit language, viewer discretion advised.)

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/...illinger-crip/
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Daz Dillinger, who recorded several successful hip hop records as part of Tha Dogg Pound duo in the 1990s, made the apparent threat in a video posted to his Instagram, which was later removed. (WARNING: Video includes explicit language, viewer discretion advised.)

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/...illinger-crip/
                    What was lao tsu saying about false representations again? The liberals and fellow blacks have really turned on this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      What was lao tsu saying about false representations again? The liberals and fellow blacks have really turned on this guy.
                      Didn't you hear? That's not true and anything to the contrary is cherry picking.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

v. Kanye West

One of these two is worthy of discussion.

Interesting that you completely dismissed the majority of Cman's post.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Didn't you hear? That's not true and anything to the contrary is cherry picking.
                          Where'd you plagiarize from this time?
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            Where'd you plagiarize from this time?
                            Yo mamma.

Comment

Point.

The right wing, in an attempt to move the country further right, made a strategic decision to attack the center rather than the left. It's good math. If you want to move the average to one side, strip the other from the sum.

But it's not honest.
                              How, not honest? If the right wing had a beef with the "center" (which is, after all, to its left), it would be dishonest of them to ignore that.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Interesting that you completely dismissed the majority of Cman's post.
                                I was impressed that in Thomas Sowell, he cited an entirely readable black conservative source, but not so impressed that he compared Kanye favorably to him.

Comment