Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Go Arpaio Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    In general, you're not going to convince people prone to conspiracy theories of anything. The effort is a waste of time. Birtherism is a clear conspiracy, and some apparently still care. I don't, and this is not worth any further time. Unsubscribing.
    The Russians are probably perpetuating it.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

In general, you're not going to convince people prone to conspiracy theories of anything. The effort is a waste of time. Birtherism is a clear conspiracy, and some apparently still care. I don't, and this is not worth any further time. Unsubscribing.
      Unsubscribing from your own thread? Wow.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        There's some question about the age of Obama's mother and whether or not she lived in the US the requisite number of years after her 18th birthday before traveling abroad. For a person born on foreign soil to be a US citizen, the parent(s) must have been US residents for a certain number of years after their 18th birthday - I can't remember if it's 5-years or 10-years. At least that was the law at the time Obama was born.
        was his mother not a natural born citizen? was she an immigrant?

Comment

wait, you are unsubscribing from your own thread that is discussing the topic that you brought up?

You can always just ask for the thread to move to a new topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            wait, you are unsubscribing from your own thread that is discussing the topic that you brought up?

You can always just ask for the thread to move to a new topic.
            I imagine he thought we were going to discuss Arpaio and his nuttiness, not seriously discuss something as absurd as birtherism.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
              I imagine he thought we were going to discuss Arpaio and his nuttiness, not seriously discuss something as absurd as birtherism.
              But he brought up Arpaio's threat to continue the Birther thing. Pretty much a given that people would then discuss that topic.

But like I said, it's his thread, he can change or regulate the topic as he wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                was his mother not a natural born citizen? was she an immigrant?
                It's been a while since I've dug into this stuff, but there were some questions having to do with her residency and whether or not she was eligible to pass on citizenship to her foreign-born children at the time Obama was born. There's also dispute whether or not the law at the time required both parents to be US citizens for someone born on foreign soil.

I'm not going to bother looking it up because, as I said, Obama is no longer president, he's done all the damage he can, so what's the point? I think Ol' Joe is silly for thinking this is a winning campaign issue.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Hmmm... now that I look at the actual video, Sheriff Joe mentioned the birth certificate controversy more as an aside. I get not indication from this video that he's turning this into a major platform of his campaign.

This is a 2-minute clip from a longer speech, and only about 45-seconds of the clip has anything to do with Obama's birth certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Conveniently, this also makes it a trivial matter to manipulate the document. And to my knowledge, nobody has ever laid eyes on the hard copy that was used to produce the scanned PDF.
                    Actually it doesn't. Although the actual text is selected as layers, you can't manipulate written text in a trivial manner.

Even if someone came forward and said that they saw Obama's birth certificate, I am sure you would find a way to deny the testimony.

Comment

Text that is electronically generated would be easy to manipulate.

As for someone who claimed to have seen it, it would depend on if it was someone reputable. They could also present a photograph of the document as proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        What about compulsive racists like Obama? He sure took the issue seriously when he was trying to pretend he was more exotic than he was to peddle his book.
                        I know of no evidence suggesting that Obama is a "compulsive racist". There is ample evidence that Trump is both a racist and a compulsive liar. The former based on his history and ambiguous comments regarding the Charlottesville procession and the latter are well documented.

Comment

Carpedm starts thread to laugh about birthers. Then when discussion turns to strong criticism of Obama, he runs! Again!!!

Sad!
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment