Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Go Arpaio Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    A digital copy with some certain anomalies that have never been entirely explained. To my knowledge, nobody has ever seen a physical copy of the original. Like I said, not definitive, just curious.
    Original? There is nothing curious in the least. My original birth certificate was lost in a move to Delaware. They are lost due to fires, floods, or simple carelessness on a regular basis. I have to wonder just how many people 45 or older still have their ORIGINAL birth certificate. I know for a fact that not a single member of my family does.

The problem with that theory is that Obama never lived in Connecticut.
    Did you read the entire thing? He didn't need to. All he needed is a friend/relative to which the thing was sent. But the real most likely explanation is the similarity between his Hawaiian Zip Code (96814) and the Danbury connecticut zip code (06814). Note that they are off by ONE number, and those two numbers are side by side on the typewriter keyboard, making "simple typo" the most likely explanation. This was also not the age of computers, so the zip code on the application would have been typed separately from the zip code on the envelope sending the social security number to him.

This is not rocket science.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

A digital copy with some certain anomalies that have never been entirely explained.
      I can explain one...

If you scan a document as a PDF, adobe automatically separates things out into different fields which gives the appearance of layers of text being added. I tried the experiment at my lab and it did the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
        Of course you're a birther.
        Can you blame him? So was Obama when he told his publisher he was born in Kenya.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Can you blame him? So was Obama when he told his publisher he was born in Kenya.
          Obama was born in Hawaii, not Kenya. Only compulsive, racist liars like Trump took the birtherism issue seriously.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kenyan-mistake/

Comment

Originally posted by element771 View Post
            I can explain one...

If you scan a document as a PDF, adobe automatically separates things out into different fields which gives the appearance of layers of text being added. I tried the experiment at my lab and it did the exact same thing.
            Conveniently, this also makes it a trivial matter to manipulate the document. And to my knowledge, nobody has ever laid eyes on the hard copy that was used to produce the scanned PDF.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              They claim that was a "clerical error", which is the same excuse they use to explain why Obama inexplicably has a Connecticut social security number, even though at the age of 16, when he got his social security number, he would have had to apply in person at his local Social Security office, and what are the chances they got their own zip code wrong?
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-28-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I didn't get a social security number until I was a teenager and got a job.

By then I had lived in 2 countries and 3 states.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                  Obama was born in Hawaii, not Kenya.
                  Then why did his publisher repeatedly claim he was born in Kenya?

Source: Obama�s Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: �Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii�

born in Kenyahttp://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...onesia-hawaii/

© Copyright Original Source

Source: Barack Obama was still 'Kenyan born' in 2007 according to his literary agency...two months after announcing his bid for the U.S presidency

Barack Obama's literary agents were still listing the U.S President's birthplace as Kenya in their online author bios two months after he first announced his run for president in 2007.

Viewed on web.archive.org the April 3rd 2007 listing from Acton & Dystel for Mr Obama still touts the then-Democratic junior senator from Illinois as 'born in Kenya'.

Indeed, the short biography even references his now famous speech to the Democratic National Convention which launched Mr Obama to national fame and announced him as potential candidate for the presidency.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...residency.html

© Copyright Original Source

You can see the archived page for yourself here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200704031...lientlist.html

which reads:

"BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller."

Things that make you go "Hmmm!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I didn't get a social security number until I was a teenager and got a job.

By then I had lived in 2 countries and 3 states.
                    I don't think I got mine until I was 16, but it reflects the state I was currently living in at the time.

Obama's is from a state he never lived in, but folks like carpe want us to believe that the local social security office that Obama had to apply at in person somehow got their own zip code wrong when issuing the social security number.

Comment

Even if Obama was born in Kenya he still had an American parent. It would only mean he would have had dual citizenship until he was 18 when he had to make a choice. That is what happened with me. I was born in Germany. My dad was an American Soldier and my mom was German. I had dual citizenship until I was 18 then I had to choose one or the other, I chose to keep my American citizenship and relinquish my German one. I have a German birth certificate. I am still a "natural born" American Citizen and could run for President if I wanted to.

Comment

Even if Obama was born in Kenya he still had an American parent.
                        I don't really care about this issue and I don't think Obama was born in Kenya. I'm just tired of liberal sermonizing on the issue when Obama himself shamelessly lied about where he was born. Nobody has any right to demand that people believe him THIS time.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Even if Obama was born in Kenya he still had an American parent. It would only mean he would have had dual citizenship until he was 18 when he had to make a choice. That is what happened with me. I was born in Germany. My dad was an American Soldier and my mom was German. I had dual citizenship until I was 18 then I had to choose one or the other, I chose to keep my American citizenship and relinquish my German one. I have a German birth certificate. I am still a "natural born" American Citizen and could run for President if I wanted to.
                          There's some question about the age of Obama's mother and whether or not she lived in the US the requisite number of years after her 18th birthday before traveling abroad. For a person born on foreign soil to be a US citizen, the parent(s) must have been US residents for a certain number of years after their 18th birthday - I can't remember if it's 5-years or 10-years. At least that was the law at the time Obama was born.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Obama was born in Hawaii, not Kenya. Only compulsive, racist liars like Trump took the birtherism issue seriously.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kenyan-mistake/
                            What about compulsive racists like Obama? He sure took the issue seriously when he was trying to pretend he was more exotic than he was to peddle his book.

Comment

In general, you're not going to convince people prone to conspiracy theories of anything. The effort is a waste of time. Birtherism is a clear conspiracy, and some apparently still care. I don't, and this is not worth any further time. Unsubscribing.
                              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                In general, you're not going to convince people prone to conspiracy theories of anything. The effort is a waste of time. Birtherism is a clear conspiracy, and some apparently still care. I don't, and this is not worth any further time. Unsubscribing.
                                And yet you're the one who implied that it was worth discussing when you started this thread.

Comment