Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump�s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Madison Avenue and Hollywood need to take lessons from them. According to the left at least they can spend what amounts to chump change (less than what a local restaurant might spend advertising) and have this supposed profound effect whereas our people can spend tens of millions of dollars or more and have little to no effect whatsoever.
    On a related note, I've wondered about all the hatred and blame for the NRA from the left, when what they spend on politics, as far as I have ever seen, is peanuts. (and considering that they represent a large number of like-minded Americans, the complaint about their lobbying power or whatever seems stupid anyway)
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      There's every good reason to think that votes were influenced given the massive interference of the St Petersburg troll factory and Cambridge Analytica on social media. They were not interfering just for the fun of it, they undoubtedly expected results...and got them.
      The vast majority of ads were purchased after the election, Facebook has said that less then 5-million people even saw the ads before the election, and those same "troll factories" promoted militant liberal groups like Black Lives Matter and organized anti-Trump rallies (one of which was famously headlined by Michael Moron).

But I'm sure they had a significant impact on the election in Trump's favor. No, really.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Don't for get Soros, paying to instigate riots.

Comment

Hopefully this instance will be the kick governments need to properly regulate the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            EVERYONE influences elections... heck, a commercial influences it. Big freakin deal! If you vote for a candidate because a hooker told you to, you're an idiot.
            Name calling gets you nowhere when you fail to respond with substance, and the problem is IF people try to influence elections by illegal methods, and that is what is being investigated, and not whether the illegal attempts to influence the elections were successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Speculation at VERY best.
              As far as Cambridge Analytica and the St Petersburg Troll Factory are concerned they had a decisive impact on the election and provided Trump with his victory. And they are probably right.

So what? Advertising is legal. Manipulation is even legal.
              This was not advertising and secretly steering millions of Facebook users against Hillary and for Trump is not ethical OR legal.

Heck, seeing the source of the dossier and who paid for it, downright lies are legal.Unless someone paid someone else to vote a certain way, information is perfectly legal. That it happened to be exploited in that legal manner is inconsequential. If you are stupid enough to have your vote swayed by advertisements, you are an idiot.
              http://uk.businessinsider.com/cambri...ia-ties-2018-3

Comment

But of course when Obama did the exact same thing, the media praised him for his technological savvy. Compare the following glowing story fom US News & Works Report which describes Obama's leveraging of social media as "masterful":

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...ebook-election

Or this Guardian story from 2012 which praises Obama for assembling "a unified database on millions of Americans with the power of Facebook to target individual voters to a degree never achieved before":

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ebook-electionhttp://thehill.com/opinion/technolog...comes-to-trump

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  As far as Cambridge Analytica and the St Petersburg Troll Factory are concerned they had a decisive impact on the election and provided Trump with his victory. And they are probably right.
                  No they didn't.

This was not advertising and secretly steering millions of Facebook users against Hillary and for Trump is not ethical OR legal.
                  A) Who cares if it was ethical? Politics is not ethical
                  B) It is absolutely legal to advertise.
                  C) It was advertising

This was not advertising, it was straight-out dirty tricks.
                  Dirty advertising.

Steve Bannon, the former White House chief strategist and Trump campaign CEO, sat on the data firm's board of directors, which is largely backed by Republican mega-donor Robert Mercer.
                  So what?

It was the likes of you who were stupid enough to be swayed by such cynical exploitation.
                  I wasn't swayed by anything. I would have voted for Donald Duck in order to keep the Hildabeast out of office. That Trump is an immoral ass is not as big a problem as the utter devastation that Hillary planned for this nation.

A slogan... ooooohhh... scary!!!

Who cares?

Messages. We should be petrified!!

How scary!!!! "Shadowy"!!! Booga booga booga!!!!
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

This is much-ado about nothing. When Obama does it, he's a genius. When Trump does it, he's the devil.

It's like calling Putin to congratulate him on an election win. Obama does it, and the media slavishly praises him as a statesman. Trump does it, and the media denigrates him as a dupe.

Although I suspect Tass and others will continue to ignore this blatant hypocrisy on their part.

Comment

This is much-ado about nothing. When Obama does it, he's a genius. When Trump does it, he's the devil.

It's like calling Putin to congratulate him on an election win. Obama does it, and the media slavishly praises him as a statesman. Trump does it, and the media denigrates him as a dupe.

Although I suspect Tass and others will continue to ignore this blatant hypocrisy on their part.
                      Totally different, man; totally different. Obama waited four days.

Comment

And when Obama told the Russians that he would have more "flexibility" after the election, that was just him being neighborly.

Comment

And when Obama told the Russians that he would have more "flexibility" after the election, that was just him being neighborly.
                          He was talking about yoga.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            Totally different, man; totally different. Obama waited four days.
                            Right! FOUR days! Totally different!

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              He was talking about yoga.
                              I would love to know what "yoga" was a codename for in Hillary's emails.

Comment

Naw. He was talking about the hoped for results that he would gain from taking yoga with Hillary.

ETA: Even the sumophile unicyclist figured that one out

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment