Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ban All Semi-Auto Firearms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's the bayonet lug that clinches it for me although I suspect that you think so because its black
    Are you calling me a racist? Some of my favorite guns are black.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I suspect Zym was being a tad ornery, and my intent was to edit my post further - FedEx showed up at the door - so the "literal quote" I stole from a website didn't get properly attributed and/or edited.

My apologies to Zym, who I think is by far one of the smartest, brightest, classiest, noblest, cleverest posters I've ever followed, and one whom I would love to be like if I ever grow up.

(Except, of course, that he's a racist. )
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Have you looked at an AR-15 lately? Clearly a weapon of war.
        It fits nicely on the "Scary looking firearms" list.

20140912-guns4-630x420.jpg

Why Do Democrats Keep Trying to Ban Guns That Look Scary, Not the Guns That Kill the Most People?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26524[/ATTACH]

Why Do Democrats Keep Trying to Ban Guns That Look Scary, Not the Guns That Kill the Most People?
          obviously the solution is to make them look cuter!

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
            But the problem is how do we define a semi automatic weapon? They are rare today, and not common in commerce.
            Semi-automatics are not at all rare. They are quite common. I am not a gun person and I own one.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              How would banning semi-autos make a difference? People would just use shotguns, rifles and revolvers. The time difference in having to rack a shotgun or rifle or shoot a revolver is miniscule. You can rack a new shot in a shot gun or rifle in about a 1/4 second.

And as far as reloading time, just look at the Las Vegas shooter, he just used multiple guns.

You can't stop someone who is determined to commit such crimes. If you take away all guns, they will just make bombs. Or drive trucks. Or run around stabbing people or cutting them up with a sword.

The problem isn't with the weapons, it is with the people doing it.
              A revolver is virtually a semi-automatic. Pull the trigger multiple times to get multiple shots. The difference is revolvers generally have fewer rounds ready to go.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                I'm just tried of seeing dead kids and young people, I suspect that the deeper problem is the destruction of nuclear family. And I don't know how to fix that...
                I am more tired of the lies that follow. No one likes to see or read about dead or mutilated kids. But they are just fodder to the gun grabbers.

Comment

And, AS WE SPEAK, Senator Nelson [D] is grandstanding in Florida calling for a ban on "assault weapons", and "let me tell you what an assault weapon is and is not -- an AR-15 is an assault weapon"!
                  One of the lies I spoke about in my post to seer.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26524[/ATTACH]

Real assault rifles are not readily available so the gun grabbers have to go after something that is. Lies do not trouble them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      A revolver is virtually a semi-automatic...
                      Unless it was a single action....
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Unless it was a single action....
                        Okay, that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          An assault rifle is defined by its functionality.

An assault weapon is defined by its appearance.
                          I like this explanation

What is an assault weapon?

An assault weapon is a rapid-fire, magazine-fed rifle designed for military use. It is a shoulder-fired weapon that allows the shooter to select between semiautomatic (requiring you pull the trigger for each shot), fully automatic (hold the trigger and the gun continuously fires) or three-shot-burst mode.

What is an "assault rifle?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            A revolver is virtually a semi-automatic. Pull the trigger multiple times to get multiple shots. The difference is revolvers generally have fewer rounds ready to go.
                            Some revolvers, especially older ones, require the operator to pull the hammer back each time between shots.

ETA: I see this has already been covered.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I like this explanation

What is an assault weapon?

An assault weapon is a rapid-fire, magazine-fed rifle designed for military use. It is a shoulder-fired weapon that allows the shooter to select between semiautomatic (requiring you pull the trigger for each shot), fully automatic (hold the trigger and the gun continuously fires) or three-shot-burst mode.

What is an "assault rifle?"
                              I think the definitions are reversed.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe
                                OR...you hold the trigger down and fan the hammer for rapid fire.
                                Hoping that the target is within 10" or otherwise you'll likely miss him.

"Fanning" looks great in old Western movies but irl... not so much.

Comment