Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Florida School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's kinda like they don't take the safety of the kids nearly as seriously as they do the control of guns!
    well if they actually prevented school shootings then they would not have any ammunition for their gun control mission.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I assumed Sparko was talking about the people running the school in this situation - not the mondaymorningquarterbacks on Tweb.
      More about the professional political anti-gun pundits. The ones who go on TV and advocate for gun bans, using tragedies as a guilt trip to get their agendas passed. And the politicians of course.

Comment

• Here's another study that uses a more liberal definition of "mass shooting" (three or more injured or killed, as opposed to the CPRC study which defined it as four or more killed):

Source: Mass Shooters Prefer Gun-Free Zones

mass_shooters_prefer_gun-free_zones_chart_courtesy_of_the_daily_signal.jpeg

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/co...gun-free-zones

© Copyright Original Source

Conclusion: "Gun Free Zones" have been a disastrous failure.

Liberal response: "We need to expand the size and scope of 'gun free zones'! "
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          well if they actually prevented school shootings then they would not have any ammunition for their gun control mission.
          It's kinda like the "war on poverty", and why we're losing that - if they ever actually got serious on this, they wouldn't be able to con a bunch of poor people into voting for them to keep doling out money.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
            That's a problem with the armed security solution. Their competence or resolve can't be tested until it's too late.
            A great argument for letting civilians arm themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              More details emerge:

Source: Parkland school cop �never went in� during the shooting. There were other failures, too.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...201636649.html

Right. All that and the result: It's the gun's fault! Ban the guns!

Comment

• This school shooting is turning out not to be such a good "poster boy" shooting for liberals. While they do their best to make this all about gun control, there are so many other factors there that are screaming to be addressed.

The "child" should have been arrested on numerous occasions, and would have had a criminal record, preventing him (supposedly) from purchasing a firearm.
                It was the "keep them in the schoolroom, not in the courtroom" liberal philosophy that kept him from having a criminal record.
                Rather than have "armed teachers", the liberals insist on "armed officers" - this school had at least one, and he hid.
                The teacher/coach who TRIED to intervene was unarmed, and died trying to save the kids.

I doubt any of these lessons will be learned, though - because the rallying cry has to be "ban guns".

Even GMA* is lamenting this morning that there were more failures here than "a kid had a gun".

*it came on after the morning news, which my wife likes to watch before leaving for work It's off now.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  It nevertheless puts the lie to the argument that armed personnel on campus would be a solution to the problem.
                  Ok, so...serious question.

A spree shooter walks into a school and starts shooting. How do you stop him without armed resistance?
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Ok, so...serious question.

A spree shooter walks into a school and starts shooting. How do you stop him without armed resistance?
                    This assumes he doesn't see the "Gun Free Zone" sign and immediately walk away. Is that really a plausible scenario?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Here's another study that uses a more liberal definition of "mass shooting" (three or more injured or killed, as opposed to the CPRC study which defined it as four or more killed):

Source: Mass Shooters Prefer Gun-Free Zones

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26600[/ATTACH]

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/co...gun-free-zones

Conclusion: "Gun Free Zones" have been a disastrous failure.

Liberal response: "We need to expand the size and scope of 'gun free zones'! "
                      I saw a graphic the other day that claimed that 92% of mass shooting have taken place in gun free zones.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• This is why conservatives get angry at the liberals when it comes to gun control. They pontificate on guns while knowing absolutely nothing about them.

Listen to this:

"The AR-15 is more lethal than the M-16 and the pentagon wanted to use it in Vietnam instead of the M-16"

Comment

The AR-15 is more lethal than the M-16 and the pentagon wanted to use it in Vietnam instead of the M-16"
                          Wow, what a moron!

Comment

This is why conservatives get angry at the liberals when it comes to gun control. They pontificate on guns while knowing absolutely nothing about them.

Listen to this:

"The AR-15 is more lethal than the M-16 and the pentagon wanted to use it in Vietnam instead of the M-16"
                            I'm telling you, man...A(ssault)R(ifle)-15. It's so obvious, it's even there in the name!
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              It nevertheless puts the lie to the argument that armed personnel on campus would be a solution to the problem.
                              This is about as idiotic as your claim that one of your own, who was anti-NAMBLA, was actually a NAMBLA supporter, Trumpman. How do you get so many things so profoundly backwards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                I'm telling you, man...A(ssault)R(ifle)-15. It's so obvious, it's even there in the name!
                                No no no!!!! AR stands for....

oh

nevermind

Comment