Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel votes to release FISA memo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so why don't the FBI just release the omitted facts with the memo?

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      I know. It's all been very fast moving.

Apparently, the memo that found its way to Trump's desk is NOT the same memo approved by Congress.
      That is easily fixed. all they have to do is release the untouched memo.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        democrat memo is undergoing same procedure GOP memo did. For now they're releasing it to the house so everybody can read it first, just like they did with the gop memo
        This is very misleading. First there was no procedure for the GOP memo. It was compile by Nunes and his staff ONLY. Second neither memo has been, nor will be circulated in the House, before it is released. The GOP majority of the committee decided they will not release it until they review it. Based on this proviso they will not release it.

How can a three page memo complied only by Nunes staff without consultation with anyone else be the basis of their claim when the basis was over a hundred pages reviewed and veted by many legal sources?

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Wray reads memo, next day Wray fires McCabe. They need to release it already!!!
          Yes, but Wray has "grave concerns" about releasing the memo to the public. I wonder why?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

pelosi_funny.jpg
            "We need to vote on the memo before we
            can find out what's in it."
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              so why don't the FBI just release the omitted facts with the memo?
              Because they are classified for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Because they are classified for a reason.
                Apparently not if it is being released. If the FBI has a problem with part of it, they can make a correction and show the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  This is very misleading. First there was no procedure for the GOP memo. It was compile by Nunes and his staff ONLY. Second neither memo has been, nor will be circulated in the House, before it is released. The GOP majority of the committee decided they will not release it until they review it. Based on this proviso they will not release it.

How can a three page memo complied only by Nunes staff without consultation with anyone else be the basis of their claim when the basis was over a hundred pages reviewed and veted by many legal sources?
                  It appears now to be the case that it wasn't prepared by the recused Nunes and his staff alone, it appears that the White House was involved in preparing this sham of a document which if true is just another nail in Trumps coffin for obstruction of Justice. Makes sense too, as Nunes, who btw is suppused to have recused himself, was working in conjunction with the White House in his first attempt to undermine the investigation, which is why he had to recuse himself in the first place. Makes one wonder what Nunes himself has to hide being that he was on the Trump transition team when all these shannanigans were taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Apparently not if it is being released. If the FBI has a problem with part of it, they can make a correction and show the truth.
                    That's the point. It is classified and though released to Congress, it was not intended for Congress to release it to the public. Instead, Nunes and his staff, in conjunction with the White House, cherry picked the document, apparently in order to make Deputy Atty Gen. Rosenstein look bad so that the President could fire him thus clearing his way to get Mueller fired as well. It's what's aptly being called a slow rolling saturday night massacre. Trump is attempting to knock off one by one everyone that stands in the way of his firing Mueller.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      That's the point. It is classified and though released to Congress, it was not intended for Congress to release it to the public. Instead, Nunes and his staff, in conjunction with the White House, cherry picked the document, apparently in order to make Deputy Atty Gen. Rosenstein look bad so that the President could fire him thus clearing his way to get Mueller fired as well. It's what's aptly being called a slow rolling saturday night massacre. Trump is attempting to knock off one by one everyone that stands in the way of his firing Mueller.
                      if Congress releases it then it is no longer classified.

Jimmy, your utter bias on these types of matters is completely ridiculous. Anything potentially helping Trump is automatically fake and anything potentially harming Trump is completely genuine, even before you have seen a thing. You probably should not get a job as a fortune teller or a psychic. You suck at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        if Congress releases it then it is no longer classified.
                        Sparko, no, it's no longer classified if the president decides to release it, not if Congress decides. And Trump was caught on a hot mic yesterday telling a rep. congressman, don't worry, I'm going to release it, 100% i'm going to release it, even though he has supposedly not even seen it yet. But we know he has seen it don't we, not only seen it but help to draft it.
                        Jimmy, your utter bias on these types of matters is completely ridiculous. Anything potentially helping Trump is automatically fake and anything potentially harming Trump is completely genuine, even before you have seen a thing. You probably should not get a job as a fortune teller or a psychic. You suck at it.
                        I am of course biased against Trump, just as you are biased for him, the difference is that the facts are on my side. You don't actively try to undermine your own justice dept. firing everyone in sight unless you know you are guilty. Wake up!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Sparko, no, it's no longer classified if the president decides to release it, not if Congress decides. And Trump was caught on a hot mic yesterday telling a rep. congressman, don't worry, I'm going to release it, 100% i'm going to release it, even though he has supposedly not even seen it yet. But we know he has seen it don't we, not only seen it but help to draft it.

I am of course biased against Trump, just as you are biased for him, the difference is that the facts are on my side. You don't actively try to undermine your own justice dept. firing everyone in sight unless you know you are guilty. Wake up!
                          So it is not classified and your initial argument is invalid.

And at least I wait to hear or see the evidence before making a judgment. So far I have not seen ANY evidence that Trump was colluding with the Russians to fix the election, or that he is a dictator or any of the other things you believe about him. When I see the evidence then I will decide. You on the other hand have already made up your mind without a shred of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Yes, but Wray has "grave concerns" about releasing the memo to the public. I wonder why?
                            The release of the memo by the President gives an element of approval and accuracy. All those responsible in the FBI and Justice Department specifically have objected to memo for reasons of accuracy and possibly revealing secrecy issues concerning the investigation methods of the FBI and Justice Department.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              The release of the memo by the President gives an element of approval and accuracy. All those responsible in the FBI and Justice Department specifically have objected to memo for reasons of accuracy and possibly revealing secrecy issues concerning the investigation methods of the FBI and Justice Department.
                              you mean methods like forming a conclusion before the evidence is even in and being completely biased?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                the Dems are so upset...
                                Also scared!!!

Release it already!
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment