Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel votes to release FISA memo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Steele got a lot of the information he put in the dossier from Russian sources, remember? So basically the democrats are the ones who colluded with the Russians to create the dossier that the FBI used to start an investigation into Trump colluding with the Russians.
    Nice try Sparko. Democrats didn't collude with agents of the Russian government, nor did they release any of the info garnered by Steele from his Russian sources when they got hold of it. Steele went to the FBI with this info on his own because of his concern at what he was finding. The FBI didn't use that information to begin the investigation into Trumps campaign either, they had already been on the case after being informed by the Australian Government what G. Papadopolous had conveyed to them about Russian interference in the U.S. election.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Nice try Sparko. Democrats didn't collude with agents of the Russian government, nor did they release any of the info garnered by Steele from his Russian sources when they got hold of it. Steele went to the FBI with this info on his own because of his concern at what he was finding. The FBI didn't use that information to begin the investigation into Trumps campaign either, they had already been on the case after being informed by the Australian Government what G. Papadopolous had conveyed to them about Russian interference in the U.S. election.
      I guess you missed the part about Steele leaking his findings to Yahoo News, and then the FBI using those leaks as "independent corroboration" of the dossier without ever disclosing that the news story and the dossier had the exact same source. And remember, McCabe is on record admitting that they would have never gotten the warrant without the dossier! It seems clear that the FBI was very selective about what they told the court and left out any detail that would have almost certainly resulted in their application being rejected. That's a big, big deal.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        That might be what kicked it off, but McCabe admitted on the record that without the phony dossier bought and paid for by Hillary and Democrats, they would have never gotten a warrant to continue the investigation.
        The FISA warrant wasn't gotten in order to continue the investigation, the FISA warrant was a renewal in order to continue their investigation into Carter Page.

Comment

I guess you missed the part about Steele leaking his findings to Yahoo News, and then the FBI using those leaks as "independent corroboration" of the dossier without ever disclosing that the news story and the dossier had the exact same source. And remember, McCabe is on record admitting that they would have never gotten the warrant without the dossier! It seems clear that the FBI was very selective about what they told the court and left out any detail that would have almost certainly resulted in their application being rejected. That's a big, big deal.
          I didn't miss it MM, it's just dumb. Carter Page was under surveilance by the FBI long before the Steele dossier came out, and the dossier wasn't needed in order to obtain the warrant renewal.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            How did you refute what I said? The DNC paid Fusion to hire Steele to dig up dirt on Trump. His source was the Russians who everyone says tampered with the election. He then turns the Russian-sourced documents to the FBI who used Russian-sourced information to get a FISA warrant.

Basically the DNC were the ones colluding with the Russians, not Trump.

Comment

The FISA warrant wasn't gotten in order to continue the investigation, the FISA warrant was a renewal in order to continue their investigation into Carter Page.
              Yes, and McCabe admitted on record that they couldn't have gotten a warrant to continue the investigation without the phony dossier.

Comment

...the dossier wasn't needed in order to obtain the warrant renewal.
                So McCabe was lying when he said on the record that they couldn't have gotten the warrant without the phony dossier?

Direct quote from the memo:

McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information.

Comment

Yes, and McCabe admitted on record that they couldn't have gotten a warrant to continue the investigation without the phony dossier.
                  Even Trey Dowdy, whom many liberals are quoting, isn't saying that the liberals are saying he's saying.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Even Trey Dowdy, whom many liberals are quoting, isn't saying that the liberals are saying he's saying.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Things get even more chilling...

Source: Report: Intel Agencies May Hold Back Information from Congress in Wake of House Memo on FBI Surveillance Abuse

Spy agencies could start sharing less information with Congress, weakening oversight.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/report...illance-abuse/

© Copyright Original Source

It's starting to sound like law enforcement agencies are carrying themselves like they're above the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        Hmm, I think a financial association of some kind between Breitbart and MM is implied. There are a wide range of other crazy right-wing sources (Alex Jones, Limbaugh, Daily Caller, the one with the latin motto in OBP's sig etc).
                        It's called the Patriot Post. I appreciate your attempt to smear by false association.
                        MM's choice to try to force Breitbart specifically down everyone's throats in every thread suggests he's getting something out of it beyond him thinking it's one of many good news sources.
                        You are extraordinarily bad at psychoanalysis. Stick to your forte, which is programming.
                        Compare to say me, who gets an aggregated feed of newspaper headlines that I usually select from to share here, as well as a half dozen youtube commentators to further inform my opinions (ranging from ex-MSNBC host Cenk Uygur on TYT and now ex-CBS host Dan Rather on TYT, MSNBC contributor Sam Seder on the Majority Report, and pol-sci grad Kyle Kulinski on Secular Talk, to name the 3 I most commonly watch of the half-dozen I'm subscribed to), as well as occasionally watching some of The Daily Show, or Colbert on the Late Show. Links I share in this forum tend to be a scattergun shot of whatever has intrigued me from the news lately, and aren't particularly likely to favor any one source. Where's MM, it's nearly always Breitbart, with only very occasional deviations from that.
                        That you think comedy shows are legitimate news sources continues to inform me on your level of credibility.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          No, the reason you keep using Breitbart is because "it tells you what you want to hear, and that's good enough for you" - Mountain Man.
                          Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
                          Hmm, I think a financial association of some kind between Breitbart and MM is implied. There are a wide range of other crazy right-wing sources (Alex Jones, Limbaugh, Daily Caller, the one with the latin motto in OBP's sig etc). MM's choice to try to force Breitbart specifically down everyone's throats in every thread suggests he's getting something out of it beyond him thinking it's one of many good news sources.

Compare to say me, who gets an aggregated feed of newspaper headlines that I usually select from to share here, as well as a half dozen youtube commentators to further inform my opinions (ranging from ex-MSNBC host Cenk Uygur on TYT and now ex-CBS host Dan Rather on TYT, MSNBC contributor Sam Seder on the Majority Report, and pol-sci grad Kyle Kulinski on Secular Talk, to name the 3 I most commonly watch of the half-dozen I'm subscribed to), as well as occasionally watching some of The Daily Show, or Colbert on the Late Show. Links I share in this forum tend to be a scattergun shot of whatever has intrigued me from the news lately, and aren't particularly likely to favor any one source. Where's MM, it's nearly always Breitbart, with only very occasional deviations from that.
                          That fact that it keeps you guys tied up in these hysterical little knots is all the motivation I need to continue linking to Breitbart.

I could easily reference other sources with the exact same information, but where's the fun in that?
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-06-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Mountain Man actually offered me a chance to make a little money on the side (by shilling for Breitbart, of course), but my high level of character wouldn't let me accept it.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              Mountain Man actually offered me a chance to make a little money on the side (by shilling for Breitbart, of course), but my high level of character wouldn't let me accept it.
                              Don't worry I took the job.

Hey guys, did you know that Brietbart says that New Zealander's PM thinks Kiwis are a bunch of lazy drug addicts?

Oh and not to leave out Tassy...

White Australians will be extinct within 40 years because Australian men are too busy smoking, drinking beer and taking drugs to procreate, a Muslim businessman has warned.
                              Last edited by Sparko; 02-06-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Don't worry I took the job.

Hey guys, did you know that Brietbart says that New Zealander's PM thinks Kiwis are a bunch of lazy drug addicts?
                                You can be assured that my refusal had nothing whatsoever to do with the pay, you conscienceless propagandist.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment