Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Review of the Russian collusion narrative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post

Nuts like Hillary do, you mean. Also at other times!!

The infamous "Why aren't I 50-points ahead!" video is, I think, the closest the public has ever gotten to seeing the real Hillary.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      No, it doesn't, Jim. Impeachment doesn't mean the removal from office - although that would be the result of a successful impeachment. To date, there have been two impeachments - neither resulted in the removal from office.
      Exactly. Impeachment doesn't necessarily mean the removal from office, no, and neither does the 25th amendment necessarily mean removal from office. The process in each case, and the results thereof, are basically the same. Charges are first made, either by congress in the onee case, or the VP and cabinet in the other, and then a 2/3 vote by congress is required.
      Edit:
      Also, a president removed via impeachment cannot return to the office - but a president removed by incapacity CAN. The idea that a president can be removed permanently this way when he isn't actually incapacitated is absurd. Even if you could get a cabinet to agree - this being the most absurd part - getting Congress to act inside 21 days is preposterous.
      Sure, but that's besides my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No, that's just in response to your own personal insults, which apparently you lack a self awareness of.
        finalironymeter_zps9935014f.gif
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Exactly. Impeachment doesn't necessarily mean the removal from office, no, and neither does the 25th amendment necessarily mean removal from office. The process in each case, and the results thereof, are basically the same. Charges are first made, either by congress in the onee case, or the VP and cabinet in the other, and then a 2/3 vote by congress is required.

Er, okay, I will grant they both have to do with removal from office - I don't see how you get that they are basically the same on that basis but okay.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You can always tell when Jim has lost an argument, because he fires up the personal insults.
            You mean as opposed your habit of disparaging, demeaning personal insults in lieu of a rational response, which is all too common with you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Er, okay, I will grant they both have to do with removal from office - I don't see how you get that they are basically the same on that basis but okay.
              They both have to do with removal from office, and they both take a 2/3 vote in congress to do it. The only real difference is the reason for removal, criminal vs mental, physical incapacitation, and in the latter case the ones making the charge.

Comment

• lather. rinse. repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  lather. rinse. repeat.
                  For you Sparko, oft times we have to repeat ourselves over and over again before it doesn't sink in.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    They both have to do with removal from office, and they both take a 2/3 vote in congress to do it. The only real difference is the reason for removal, criminal vs mental, physical incapacitation, and in the latter case the ones making the charge.
                    So what you're saying is that the only real difference is that they're completely different.

Would it really kill you to just admit you were wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      So what you're saying is that the only real difference is that they're completely different.

Would it really kill you to just admit you were wrong?
                      That would be your obligation since you're the one thats wrong and can't admit it. I said they are basically the same process and proved it. Now, if you can, admit that you're wrong, it won't kill you.

Comment

That would be your obligation since you're the one thats wrong and can't admit it. I said they are basically the same process and proved it. Now, if you can, admit that you're wrong, it won't kill you.
                        Oh, the irony.

Comment

• "And the 'Complete Lack of Self-Awareness' award goes to... JimL! Come on up, Jimmy! Yes, come on! Uh, Jimmy... yes, you. No, right there. Dude, I'm literally pointing right at you. Look, will someone just grab him by the elbow and lead him to the stage?"

Comment

Now, if you can, admit that you're wrong, it won't kill you.

This would HAVE to be parody if JimL knew what parody was.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

For you Sparko, oft times we have to repeat ourselves over and over again before it doesn't sink in.
                              You just do it because you have no answer to other people's points and evidence. So you just dig in your heels and repeat yourself, closing your eyes to the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                You just do it because you have no answer to other people's points and evidence. So you just dig in your heels and repeat yourself, closing your eyes to the truth.
                                Are you confusing JimL with Tassman?

Comment