Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    As Democrats denounce Weinstein, Clintons and Obama stay mum

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/09/politi...ein/index.html
    If they denounce him then the next step would be to return all of his money.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      If they denounce him then the next step would be to return all of his money.
      Apparently, they're kinda doing that... They responded by donating money to liberal causes which coincidentally often happen to contribute money to them. Almost like money laundering.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Apparently, they're kinda doing that... They responded by donating money to liberal causes which coincidentally often happen to contribute money to them. Almost like money laundering.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Yes, I agree, it is ongoing stupid. The stupid just won't end.

(Homework assignment for Jimmy: learn how to use commas; also apostrophes. It should be "it's" and not "its" in this context. )
          MM, we are not all anal retentive grammar nerds like a few of you here are. OMG, the humanity, he didn't use an apostrophe!
          The fact that nothing has been leaked to the press for months when Mueller's team was leaking like a sieve early on is a pretty good indication that none of those early juicy leads amounted to anything. Even Junior's meeting with the Russian lawyer turned out to be a big bust.
          That just shows your ignorance. You won't know what juniors meeting with the Russian lawyer, translator/agent et. al. means until the investigation is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            no he doesn't. I remember the list Tassy posted. It was hilarious at the transparent attempts to split hairs and nitpick some way to say Trump lied. Hilarious. stuff like he said "all" when it was just "most"
            Well, you must really be brainwashed then. I've always wondered how it is that conservatives could be so easily played. Still don't get it exactly, but if you can't admit to yourself of the constant lying from Trump, then it has to be a brainwashing of some sort.
            In contrast we have Hillary on record lying outright and contradicting herself.

Yeah, you have the contrast bass ackwards. That video was part of the russian propaganda campaign in support of Trump.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...p-truth-o-met/

Go back and read my posts before the election. I was never a Trump fan. It was Nope and Noper for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24372[/ATTACH]

However when it came down to having to make a choice I had to go with Nope rather than Noper. I wanted Kasich. But once Trump was elected, I was pleasantly surprised that he actually has tried to keep his promises, despite the entire congress fighting him. But I still don't like him as a person. I think he is too juvenile in his trolling of the press and the liberals in twitter and so on. I think he needs to act more presidential. But I do love how he has made you and the other liberals foam at the mouth and twitch. After 8 years of Obama, it's the least you deserve.
            I appreciate that, even as a liberal I like and respect J. Kasich and wouldn't have minded so much had he become president. Sorry to have to tell you though, but you went with the noper, not the nope, you dope.

Comment

https://twitter.com/janicemin/status/917485536020905984

Weinstein now reduced to begging:

DLuQOsGUIAAgVqM.jpg
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                https://twitter.com/janicemin/status/917485536020905984

Weinstein now reduced to begging:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24375[/ATTACH]
                Weinstein's obviously guilty, not that I care, but this letter looks like fake news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Weinstein's obviously guilty..
                  So all the liberal politicians should immediately return the money, right?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Pete and Repete, eh?

Comment

Weinstein's obviously guilty, not that I care, but this letter looks like fake news to me.
                      Hollywoodreporter name dropped multiple individuals claiming they are confirmed to have received the letter (and refused to help Weinstein). Seems strange that they would just make that up and then namedrop people who could easily disprove the claim.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

As an aside: I don't quite get the point of returning money other than virtue signalling. Isn't parting bad people of their money basically a good thing?
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          As an aside: I don't quite get the point of returning money other than virtue signalling. Isn't parting bad people of their money basically a good thing?
                          Ron Paul tried this with David Duke's money IIRC and it didn't really work out for him. It's a way to claim "I didn't know and I wouldn't have done business with this person if I had" to avoid collateral damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            So all the liberal politicians should immediately return the money, right?
                            Why should they, I wouldn't.

Comment

Why should they
                              because it makes no sense to constantly cry about misogyny while profiting from it

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                because it makes no sense to constantly cry about misogyny while profiting from it
                                They are not profiting from misogyny, their campaigns have profited from a guy who turns out to have been a misogynyst. Returning it would be stupid, donating it might be a good public relations move to placate the idiots out there that might associate the donation with an acceptance of misogyny. But other than for public relations, the whole idea of returning the monies is ridiculous.

Comment