Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well I can't continue to discuss this with you CP if you are just going to continue misrepresenting what I say or acting as if you're stupid.
    You can't NOT continue, Jimmy. And I use your own quotes - you just happen to be incredibly inconsistent and wrong.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      NAMBLA's primary concern is to abolish age-of-consent law.
      I just watched an interview from 1993 with Larry King talking to a NAMBLA guy - they can't decide what the age of consent should be, but in their newsletter, one of their contributors was boasting about having oral sex with his 6 year old brother. I trust you find that disgusting.

Got that, Jimmy? Tassy obviously doesn't believe what NAMBLA claims. You shouldn't either.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How do you define "a boy" CP? How does NAMBLA define "a boy?" Do you know?

Comment

• I suggest a formal debate, between Tassman and JimL. Tassman to argue that NAMBLA is a pro-pedophile organization, and JimL will argue the reverse.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I just watched an interview from 1993 with Larry King talking to a NAMBLA guy - they can't decide what the age of consent should be, but in their newsletter, one of their contributors was boasting about having oral sex with his 6 year old brother. I trust you find that disgusting.

Got that, Jimmy? Tassy obviously doesn't believe what NAMBLA claims. You shouldn't either.
            Simple argument CP, you don't know the stated position of NAMBLA at its inception and so you don't know what IGLAs take on it was. You and yours are trying to smear IGLA for its one time association with NAMBLA because you are homophobes with an agenda. I'm not defending NAMBLA because the only thing I can actually find concerning them is their opposition to age of consent laws, but that in and of itself is not supporting of pedophilia. What I'm defending is IGLA, an organization that fought for the rights of people who because of your homophobia and religious fanaticism you wish to oppress.

Comment

Simple argument CP, you don't know the stated position of NAMBLA at its inception and so you don't know what IGLAs take on it was.
              They were started as a pro-pedophilia organization, Jimmy. Anybody who is not their fan can see that.

You and yours are trying to smear IGLA for its one time association with NAMBLA because you are homophobes with an agenda.
              Yeah, right.

I'm not defending NAMBLA
              Yes. Very poorly, but you're trying really hard.

because the only thing I can actually find concerning them is their opposition to age of consent laws,
              And WHY do the oppose consent laws, Jimmy?

but that in and of itself is not supporting of pedophilia.
              It is to avoid prosecution for doing what is their goal - for MEN to have sex with BOYS without going to jail.

What I'm defending is IGLA, an organization that fought for the rights of people who because of your homophobia and religious fanaticism you wish to oppress.
              In this very post, you did your crappy best to defend NAMBLA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                I suggest a formal debate, between Tassman and JimL. Tassman to argue that NAMBLA is a pro-pedophile organization, and JimL will argue the reverse.
                I don't think Jimmy has figured out yet that Tassy has already thrown NAMBLA under the bus. Maybe Tassy is a raging homophobe with an agenda, too!

Comment

...the only thing I can actually find concerning them is their opposition to age of consent laws...
                  What should the age of consent be, Jimmy?

Comment

Simple argument CP, you don't know the stated position of NAMBLA at its inception and so you don't know what IGLAs take on it was. You and yours are trying to smear IGLA for its one time association with NAMBLA because you are homophobes with an agenda. I'm not defending NAMBLA because the only thing I can actually find concerning them is their opposition to age of consent laws, but that in and of itself is not supporting of pedophilia. What I'm defending is IGLA, an organization that fought for the rights of people who because of your homophobia and religious fanaticism you wish to oppress.
                    Blatantly untrue. You're just being ridiculous, at this point.

Comment

Blatantly untrue. You're just being ridiculous, at this point.
                      When called out by OBP for accusing me of being a Trump supporter, here is Jimmy's ludicrous rationale...

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      I don't care if he calls himself a republican or not, but whatever he has now chosen to call himself, he is a Trump supporter and Trump is a republican. CP, like a lot of Trump supporters, just has difficulty admitting to it. You don't have to like him personally to support him, and perhaps that is what CP actually means, but who cares, he still supports Trump whether he likes him personally or not. I think he's just ashamed of himself.
                      So, by those standards, Jimmy is EASILY a NAMBLA supporter, he just has difficulty admitting to it.

Comment

Roy Moore wasn't accused of dating a 17 year old, he was accused of stalking and being creepy with 17 year olds and of sexually molesting a 14 year old as well as another teenager the age of which escapes me at the moment.

But you didn't answer my question Zymologist. Were you capable as a post pubescent youth of making choices for yourself? Some people are, some people are not, and that I think, whether you agree with it or not, is what NAMBLAs stated position is.
                        NAMBLA explicitly states that they think sexual relationships between boys and men are not only ok, but healthy and good.

Was I capable of "making choices for myself" when I was 15? Depends on the choice, I guess. I can tell you that the thought of a sexual relationship with a grown man at that age would have repulsed me. No doubt because I'm just a homophobe though, right?

Comment

Sources stating that NAMBLA was not secretive about their beliefs and practices doesn't tell us what NAMBLA's actual beliefs and practices were. And the sources defining NAMBLA that you cite, is not NAMBLA defining itself. I agree that they fought to abolish age of consent laws which they saw as arbitrary but that doesn't mean that they supported pedophilia, i.e sex between adults and pre-pubescent minors. When you have found an actual statement from NAMBLA stating as much, do let me know.
                          One of the sources is from the gays themselves! Zym even posted a quote from NAMBLA's own website! They even have pedophilia in their name! MAN - BOY LOVE. It's not MAN - Young Adult love association, or MAN - Teen Love association.

You are really trying too hard to defend a bunch of pedophiles.

I am going to chalk it up to your normal tendency to defend people on your side of the fence no matter what they have done (e.g. Hillary)

Comment

Roy Moore wasn't accused of dating a 17 year old, he was accused of stalking and being creepy with 17 year olds and of sexually molesting a 14 year old as well as another teenager the age of which escapes me at the moment.
                            well yeah but that was 40 years ago so it doesn't count any more, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              well yeah but that was 40 years ago so it doesn't count any more, right?
                              Maybe he'd be OK with it if the alleged victim was a boy!

Comment

NAMBLA explicitly states that they think sexual relationships between boys and men are not only ok, but healthy and good.
                                Well, I don't exactly know what they mean by "boys" so until you can define that for me it doesn't mean a whole lot.
                                Was I capable of "making choices for myself" when I was 15? Depends on the choice, I guess. I can tell you that the thought of a sexual relationship with a grown man at that age would have repulsed me. No doubt because I'm just a homophobe though, right?
                                Right, so you would never have consented to such a relationship. Do you believe you should have been free to make that choice for yourself, or do you think you needed the law to make it for you?

Comment