Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Just curious, but if you were an investor in the film, what do you feel the appropriate measure would be?
    I wonder if the insurance contracts have a "We can't release the film because one of the stars turned out to be a pedophile" clause?

I'm just more taking issue with the cynicism of their press release. I think I might have responded better to it if they had openly condemned Spacey right from the start, announced that the film would be withdrawn from the festival out of respect for those affected, and then left it at that.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      He's one of the primary characters. There's a point where re-editing a film because of the loss of an actor isn't financially feasible without a total loss.
      CGI? That worked well for the Phantom Menace
      We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
        Did it? Did it really?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

Comment

• I like The Phantom Menace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I like The Phantom Menace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I like The Phantom Menace.
                Once I subscribed to the theory that Jar-Jar was not intended for comedic relief and that he was in fact "The Phantom Menace," my perspective of the movie changed quite a bit. It's just a shame Lucas didn't follow through on what I'm now convinced was his original vision for the prequel trilogy.

Regardless, the originals are superior. No wild fan theory will ever change that.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Once I subscribed to the theory that Jar-Jar was not intended for comedic relief and that he was in fact "The Phantom Menace," my perspective of the movie changed quite a bit. It's just a shame Lucas didn't follow through on what I'm now convinced was his original vision for the prequel trilogy.

Regardless, the originals are superior. No wild fan theory will ever change that.
                  The one where Jar Jar was in reality the top Sith Lord in disguise?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Regardless, the originals are superior.
                    I don't agree. I think they're all more or less equal. Except for Episode 7. That was pure garbage, and Episode 8 doesn't look much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      The one where Jar Jar was in reality the top Sith Lord in disguise?
                      Yeah. Have you ever read the in-depth defense of the theory? It's a lot more compelling than it sounds (and it does sound ridiculous, I agree).
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Even if the theory is true, then The Phantom Menace is still bad, because it's a huge missed opportunity.

Comment

Yeah. Have you ever read the in-depth defense of the theory? It's a lot more compelling than it sounds (and it does sound ridiculous, I agree).
                          Yeah and some pretty thorough debunkings as well.

Comment

• i liked the phantom menace too. it was pretty terrible as a star wars movie but the lightsaber battles and the battle scene between gungans and the trade federation was pretty entertaining. I'm also sort of biased towards it because the Trade Federation was a lot of fun to play in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              just as angry (nothing about gleeful) when it comes from judgmental individuals pretending to promote women's rights (or gay rights) but are actually exploiting and preying on them.

Comment

• LAPD confirms they are investigating Hollywood pedophile ring after Corey Feldman files formal report

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dman-case.html
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment