Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting Las Vegas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    fortune cookie quotes don't solve anything.

If you did abolish the legal ownership of guns in the USA all you would be accomplishing is turning millions of Americans into illegal gun owners. Most people will not give up their guns.

The only thing all this push by the liberals for gun control and repealing the 2nd amendment is doing is actually driving UP gun and ammo sales. Just like when Obama did during his administration. Those bump-stocks that everyone wants to ban? The site that sells them is completely sold out with back orders out the wazoo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24337[/ATTACH]

..and before all this, nobody even heard of these things.
    And from experience I can tell you that they are wildly inaccurate. I'd rather face someone using one of those than someone taking steady aim with a hunting rifle.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Yup. The excuse always offered is that they're coming in from other locations where they are easily available. But those offering that explanation never stop to think that if it is the availability of firearms that is the problem then shouldn't those "other locations where they are easily available" be experiencing similar or even higher rates of gun violence? The fact that they see only a fraction of what Chicago does ought to make them stop and think. But it never does.
      Asking a liberal to stop and think is like asking the Earth to stop orbiting the Sun... it's never going to happen.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

wait, now you are referencing past posts of yours that are referencing past posts of yours? That's getting way too meta.
        "We have to go deeper!"

Comment

And from experience I can tell you that they are wildly inaccurate. I'd rather face someone using one of those than someone taking steady aim with a hunting rifle.
          When you are shooting 100 rounds a minute, accuracy isn't that important.

Comment

wait, now you are referencing past posts of yours that are referencing past posts of yours? That's getting way too meta.

It's just that I have to keep pointing these things out over and over hoping that it might sink in. It reminds me of how I had to deal with a friend of mine back in the early 80s when he was drunk. I'd have to repeat something again and again before it would finally hit him that the stupid thing he was about to do really wasn't a good idea.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's just that I have to keep pointing these things out over and over hoping that it might sink in. It reminds me of how I had to deal with a friend of mine back in the early 80s when he was drunk. I'd have to repeat something again and again before it would finally hit him that the stupid thing he was about to do really wasn't a good idea.
              Come on, we all know you're talking about yourself.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

you should start a sticky thread on gun facts and put each one in a separate post. Then whenever you post in a thread like this you can just respond with: #1!!! #3 and #4!!!

Comment

Or into a large crowd. Still several experts have observed that if the Las Vegas shooter had simply aimed and shot rather than spraying bullets there likely would have been many more casualties.

There is a reason that the military teaches people not to simply hose an area down with your weapon on full auto after all.

Comment

Or into a large crowd. Still several experts have observed that if the Las Vegas shooter had simply aimed and shot rather than spraying bullets there likely would have been many more casualties.

There is a reason that the military teaches people not to simply hose an area down with your weapon on full auto after all.
                    We should restrict gun sights!

Comment

• After giving it much thought (about 1 second so far) I have come to the conclusion that congress SHOULD try to repeal the 2nd amendment. That way we can empty out the nutjob liberals from congress once and for all because it will never pass and then we can identify which representatives and senators we need to not re-elect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        It is possible to be both
                        So I've heard

Comment

After giving it much thought (about 1 second so far) I have come to the conclusion that congress SHOULD try to repeal the 2nd amendment. That way we can empty out the nutjob liberals from congress once and for all because it will never pass and then we can identify which representatives and senators we need to not re-elect.
                          If one is ever in doubt as to which senators NOT to re-elect, a reasonable interim solution (in lieu of more concrete data, as you suggest) would seem to be "all of them."
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

This is largely false. In the case of Paddock, he had a large field of targets, so he was bound to hit some of them, but firearms experts have said that if had reduced his rate of fire and taken aim between shots then he would have killed a lot more people.

Comment

• Interesting:

Explosive possessed by Stephen Paddock may have been used in NYC bombing
                              https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...n-nyc-bombing/
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                If one is ever in doubt as to which senators NOT to re-elect, a reasonable interim solution (in lieu of more concrete data, as you suggest) would seem to be "all of them."
                                There are some who advocate never voting for the same person twice. Walter Williams called it "flushing the political toilet".

Comment