Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting Las Vegas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    I bet the navy would as well
    Naw, a bunch of girls!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      Naw, a bunch of girls!
      A squid is a beautiful sea creature that swims in the ocean and poops on marine life.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        In this day and age, I don't believe armed resistance against the federal government is going to accomplish much, not unless you have some fighter jets and a nuclear arsenal on your private property.
        You're assuming the military would blindly cooperate. Most likely a civil war would start and entire command structures (including the military hardware they possess) would separate and turn on it.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

. . . snip . . . But perhaps it's time for the Constitution to be amended. Afterall, the Constitution was made for the people, not the people for the Constitution.
          The Constitution is certainly for the protection of the people. I can not imagine any way you could interpret the 2nd as people being for the constitution - that makes no sense. The 2nd is definitely for the people.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            The Constitution is certainly for the protection of the people. I can not imagine any way you could interpret the 2nd as people being for the constitution - that makes no sense. The 2nd is definitely for the people.
            What I'm saying is that a lot of people seem to think that the Constitution is holy writ, or like it's sacred or something. It's not. People are allowed to change it any way they see fit.

Comment

What I'm saying is that a lot of people seem to think that the Constitution is holy writ, or like it's sacred or something. It's not. People are allowed to change it any way they see fit.
              sure and we can abolish it and become a dictatorship. Changing the constitution is hard for a reason. We don't want it to be changed. It is the foundation of our country. It basically IS "holy writ" for the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                sure and we can abolish it and become a dictatorship. Changing the constitution is hard for a reason. We don't want it to be changed. It is the foundation of our country. It basically IS "holy writ" for the USA.

Comment

Comment

Of course they are, provided a consensus for change. However, it is the foundational document of our government, and the possible ramifications should be carefully considered before any change is made.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

We saw it changed with the 18th Amendment for what many saw as good reasons which would be a benefit to the nation. Changes for short sighted reasons tend to backfire. It would be idiotic to eliminate the 2nd (in my not so humble opinion). It would do far more harm than good.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          More guns, less gun violence between 1993 and 2013

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24276[/ATTACH]

http://www.aei.org/publication/chart...1993-and-2013/
                          I'm not sure the worry is necessarily homicides (many of which I'd expect are in gang warfare--and while them killing each other certainly isn't something I'm happy about, they still signed up for "the game" rather than being a regular person who was shot), but the mass shootings. Killing one person without a gun is often not that hard if you really want to; a sharp enough knife can cause nearly instant death if you hit the right body part. But it's a lot harder to cause mass death with a knife. What's the data on mass shootings over that time period?

Comment

• Caleb Keeter, country music performer at the concert, says enough is enough, changes his mind concerning gun laws.

http://abc7ny.com/guitarist-changes-...oting/2480384/

For some people, probably many of you here, it has to affect you personally before you actually allow yourself to care and stop the stupid arguments. I'll bet if you had a family member killed or wounded at such an event, you couldn't in good conscience continue arguing in favor of less regulations.

Comment

In this day and age, I don't believe armed resistance against the federal government is going to accomplish much, not unless you have some fighter jets and a nuclear arsenal on your private property.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• You have quite the vivid imagination, ff.
                                sigpic

Comment