Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Oh please, i've been watching all season and in every game I've seen the stadiums have been jam packed. Keep hoping though!
    Because it's not as if the directors can select shots specifically to make the stadiums look fuller than they really are, right?

Come on, Jimmy, don't be so gullible.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Because it's not as if the directors can select shots specifically to make the stadiums look fuller than they really are, right?

Come on, Jimmy, don't be so gullible.
      Keep hope alive there MM, but the NFL is doing just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        BaghdadBob.jpg

NFL's TV numbers still sliding; 2017 figures down big from same period in '15

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Is that why the ratings continue to spiral downward along with revenue from ticket sales, merchandise, and television ad buys, and why the NFL is desperate to stop the bleeding, including trying to convince themselves that the market is "oversaturated" with televised football and that they need to start cutting games from the schedule?

Yes, these are all symptoms of a business that is doing "just fine". And if you believe that then you'll be interested in this great deal I have on a little bridge in Brooklyn.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL
            Funny how you picked two teams who just moved to those cities. The Rams moved from St. Louis and the Charges just moved to L.A. from San Diego.
            Funny how they disprove your blanket statement regardless, and they haven't been the only games thus afflicted.
            Originally posted by JimL View Post
            So what, thats the rules on your sports site. Not surprising that people on a sports talk only site, only talk sports.
            Do you think they have a different mindset when actually watching sports?
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Funny how they disprove your blanket statement regardless, and they haven't been the only games thus afflicted.
              I watched the Kansas City game being played in Kansa City, in a very conservative red state, last week, and there wasn't an empty seat in the house. So much for any decline in attendance being due to conservative backlash.
              Do you think they have a different mindset when actually watching sports?
              When the game is actually being played, I would assume most of our minds are on the game.

Comment

• The NFL:

658.jpg

(This is pretty much the liberal reaction to any scandal.)

Comment

I watched the Kansas City game being played in Kansa City, in a very conservative red state, last week, and there wasn't an empty seat in the house. So much for any decline in attendance being due to conservative backlash.
                  Were you extrapolating from that game alone to the entire NFL over the first 7 weeks of the season so far? Have you watched other games? Further, do you understand the law of supply and demand? When the game is played at the most convenient time, and is between a team with the then-best record in the league and a popular team which has sold out every game in its own stadium since 1972, demand is exceedingly likely to outstrip supply.
                  When the game is actually being played, I would assume most of our minds are on the game.
                  One would think most of our minds would be on the game while waiting for it to start and at halftime, too, but that doesn't fit your narrative, does it?
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    There's some guy over at AdAge.com who is insisting that the sharp drop in attendance at games is all a lie. For instance he claims that when the Los Angeles Rams played Jacksonville that the stadium was 83.6% full and when the New York Jets played Miami (a major rivalry which used to lead to SRO crowds) it was 99.5% full.

Here are two photos taken during those games

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24630[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]24631[/ATTACH]
                    Click on a couple times to enbiggen

I guess that everyone were standing in line at the bathrooms then
                    Here's yet another example of where Anthony Crupi at AdAge.com specifically claimed that the stadium was full. Tennessee at Cleveland

And yet Baghdad JimL insists that "the NFL is doing just fine"

He knows far better than the NFL itself does: NFL concedes that national anthem protests are hurting business

Yup. They're just idiots who don't know as much as the Amazing jimmy: The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Here's yet another example of where Anthony Crupi at AdAge.com specifically claimed that the stadium was full. Tennessee at Cleveland

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24638[/ATTACH]
                      ...and those who DID attend that travesty of a game should ask for refunds.
                      sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24638[/ATTACH]

And yet Baghdad JimL insists that "the NFL is doing just fine"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24639[/ATTACH]

He knows far better than the NFL itself does: NFL concedes that national anthem protests are hurting business

Yup. They're just idiots who don't know as much as the Amazing jimmy: The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium
                        So to prove your point the best you can do is to show the stadium attendance of 2 teams, neither of which has won a game all year. They are both 0-7.

Comment

So to prove your point you show the stadium attendance of 2 teams, neither of which has won a game all year. They are both 0-7.
                          Actually I've now shown pictures of three games that Anthony Crupi specifically picked and pretends were jam packed in full denial that the protest of the protests has hurt the NFL.

And the Titans are at the top of the AFC South division and not 0-7 like you imagine.
                          Last edited by rogue06; 10-27-2017, 10:30 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Actually I've now shown pictures of three games that Anthony Crupi specifically picked and pretends were jam packed in full denial that the protest of the protests has hurt the NFL.

And the Titans are at the top of the AFC South division and not 0-7 like you imagine.
                            Jimmy couldn't connect the dots if you gave him two points on a blank piece of paper and instructed him to draw a straight line between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Jimmy couldn't connect the dots if you gave him two points on a blank piece of paper and instructed him to draw a straight line between them.
                              The idiot should have realized that both couldn't be 0-7 since they played each other.

Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer

Comment

Nice try rogue, but I never mentioned the Titans, the games you cited were played in Cleveland and San Francisco, both teams of which are 0-7. People don't tend to go watch 0-7 teams lose.

Comment