Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And for TV in general. But as Forbes so accurately noted "The decline in NFL viewership has gone from a little leak to a busted pipe." When various groups ask the fans why, the protest has consistently been listed as a if not the major reason for this sudden sharp decrease. A recent poll revealed that the NFL went from the most popular sport to the least popular virtually overnight.

Since I love re-posting stuff I've already posted

And as both viewership and attendance demonstrates this situation continues to get much worse at an alarming rate.
    Oh please, i've been watching all season and in every game I've seen the stadiums have been jam packed. Keep hoping though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      It is the same thing with hollywood. People don't want celebrities (movie or sports) pontificating on politics. We watch movies and sports to get away from all that. for entertainment. We don't want them spewing politics and ruining our image of them. We may like a specific celebrity, and then they get on TV and show what an ignoramus they are and we "see behind the curtain" so to speak and we don't like that. It's better for us and their reputation if they just stick to playing sports, singing songs, or beating up aliens in movies.
      Sparko, you do realize that you are not we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I think the real problem is that there is a false perception of police brutality against blacks.
        The false perception by the white majority is that blacks aren't singled out by the police. They are. That's what the protests are all about.

Seth Stoughton, former policeman and now a law professor at the University of South Carolina says that the 'warrior police' culture endangers civilians." "Officers, like the rest of us, have an implicit bias linking blacks to crime. So the black crime implicit bias might be implicated in some of the use of deadly force against African-Americans in our country".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32740523

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
          The false perception by the white majority is that blacks aren't singled out by the police. They are.
          No, they're not, and there's no evidence that they are. And I don't give a crap about what some law professor from a liberal university has to say about it, even if he was a former policeman.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            The false perception by the white majority is that blacks aren't singled out by the police. They are. That's what the protests are all about.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Oh please, i've been watching all season and in every game I've seen the stadiums have been jam packed. Keep hoping though!
              You obviously haven't watched any LA Rams or LA Chargers home games, then. I've seen other games as well where a large number of fans were wearing empty-seat suits, as it were.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yes, he realizes that his views are not representative of you.

However, I regularly visit a sports discussion site or two, and people from all over the political spectrum would rather not have politics intrude on their sports. In fact, the site I visit the most has a general "no politics or religion discussion" exclusion, because we're there united as fans of [x] team, and those topics are rather divisive in nature.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Seems I am since people do hate celebrities when they start spouting politics. It's a fact. Remember the Dixie Chicks? Their career was over after they opened their mouths about Bush and Iraq. And then Kathy Griffith with her obscene display and her whining how it ruined her career. And the fand booing the NFL players and shouting "Stand up!" at them.

and yes the empty seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    You obviously haven't watched any LA Rams or LA Chargers home games, then. I've seen other games as well where a large number of fans were wearing empty-seat suits, as it were.
                    There's some guy over at AdAge.com who is insisting that the sharp drop in attendance at games is all a lie. For instance he claims that when the Los Angeles Rams played Jacksonville that the stadium was 83.6% full and when the New York Jets played Miami (a major rivalry which used to lead to SRO crowds) it was 99.5% full.

Here are two photos taken during those games

LARatJAXweek6in2017.jpg NYJatMiIAweek7in2017.jpg
                    Click on a couple times to enbiggen

I guess that everyone were standing in line at the bathrooms then

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

However, I regularly visit a sports discussion site or two, and people from all over the political spectrum would rather not have politics intrude on their sports. In fact, the site I visit the most has a general "no politics or religion discussion" exclusion, because we're there united as fans of [x] team, and those topics are rather divisive in nature.

What? You are a forum whore? cheating on Theologyweb? Shame on you!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Here are two photos taken during those games
                        Maybe he has photos taken from pitch level where the lower sight angle and the crowds in the front rows obscure the empty seats higher in the stands?
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Maybe he has photos taken from pitch level where the lower sight angle and the crowds in the front rows obscure the empty seats higher in the stands?
                          There's a lot to say for camera angle, and the broadcasters certainly wouldn't want to show an empty house.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            He's claiming that his statistics are based on "turnstile attendance"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Funny how you picked two teams who just moved to those cities. The Rams moved from St. Louis and the Charges just moved to L.A. from San Diego.

Comment

So what, thats the rules on your sports site. Not surprising that people on a sports talk only site, only talk sports.

Comment