Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The idiot should have realized that both couldn't be 0-7 since they played each other.

Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer
    The attendance at the 2 stadiums you cited, i.e. Cleveland and San Francisco. Now who's the idiot, idiot?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Nice try rogue, but I never mentioned the Titans, the games you cited were played in Cleveland and San Francisco, both teams of which are 0-7. People don't tend to go watch 0-7 teams lose.
      Really?
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Here's yet another example of where Anthony Crupi at AdAge.com specifically claimed that the stadium was full. Tennessee at Cleveland

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24638[/ATTACH]
      Originally posted by JimL View Post
      So to prove your point the best you can do is to show the stadium attendance of 2 teams, neither of which has won a game all year. They are both 0-7.
      Are you now going to claim it's the San Francisco Titans?

Sheesh. At least make some sort of attempt at failing better. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      The attendance at the 2 stadiums you cited, i.e. Cleveland and San Francisco. Now who's the idiot, idiot?
      You have already made a thorough demonstration, I need say nothing more

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Actually I've now shown pictures of three games that Anthony Crupi specifically picked and pretends were jam packed in full denial that the protest of the protests has hurt the NFL.

And the Titans are at the top of the AFC South division and not 0-7 like you imagine.
        Product quality hasn't helped the NFL this season. The Titans needed overtime to squeak out a victory over a winless team.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Product quality hasn't helped the NFL this season. The Titans needed overtime to squeak out a victory over a winless team.
          Yeah the "San Francisco Titans"[1] [*snicker*] aren't having a stellar year although they still lead their (lackluster) division.

1. Or is it the "Tennessee Forty Niners"?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Really?
            Are you now going to claim it's the San Francisco Titans?

Sheesh. At least make some sort of attempt at failing better. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.
            Yeah, apparently you didn't even read the link you provided at the bottom of your post which is about the attendance in San Francisco. So you got attendance in Cleveland, and the attendance in San Francisco. Idiot!

Comment

Yeah, apparently you didn't even read the link you provided at the bottom of your post which is about the attendance in San Francisco. So you got attendance in Cleveland, and the attendance in San Francisco. Idiot!
              The link is actually rather germane, since it points out the stark disparity between claimed attendance and actual attendance. I'm impressed that you read it, though. Your narrative of packed attendance at (allegedly all) NFL games is taking rather a beating. Now it's all teams except the Chargers, Rams, Forty-Niners, Browns.... Where will it end, Jim? All you've offered is one game on the other end of the spectrum.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                The link is actually rather germane, since it points out the stark disparity between claimed attendance and actual attendance. I'm impressed that you read it, though. Your narrative of packed attendance at (allegedly all) NFL games is taking rather a beating. Now it's all teams except the Chargers, Rams, Forty-Niners, Browns.... Where will it end, Jim? All you've offered is one game on the other end of the spectrum.
                I never said at all NFL games, and the above is a good reason why you don't get packed attendance at all NFL games. What I pointed out was the attendance in Kansas City, a football loving red state where the stadium was packed. Not much of a conservative backlash there it seems. Showing the half empty stadiums of 0-7 teams is hardly evidence of conservative backlash being the reason for a small dip in overall ratings. Ratings fluctuate from year to year for different reasons, and ratings have been slipping in all sports lately anyway.

Comment

I never said at all NFL games, and the above is a good reason why you don't get packed attendance at all NFL games. What I pointed out was the attendance in Kansas City, a football loving red state where the stadium was packed. Not much of a conservative backlash there it seems. Showing the half empty stadiums of 0-7 teams is hardly evidence of conservative backlash being the reason for a small dip in overall ratings. Ratings fluctuate from year to year for different reasons, and ratings have been slipping in all sports lately anyway.
                  Wow. I'm impressed! You've managed to forget your original assertion, ignored my response to the first time you cherry-picked the KC-Pittsburgh game, and attempted to simultaneously imply that ratings both fluctuate (IOW, up and down) and have been slipping lately. Bravo!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Jimmy is claiming that the half empty stadiums for lousy teams is what is to be expected and does not reflect the effects of any boycotting of NFL games. Well, let's examine the veracity of that claim. Let's look back to the attendance figures of the teams with the worst records back in 2015 (the year before the National Anthem protests began) and see what sort of crowds they were experiencing.

The two teams with the worst records that year were the Cleveland Browns and the Tennessee Titans, but according to records provided by the NFL both teams averaged over 90% capacity (90.4% and 90.1% respectively) per game for their 8 home games.

Likewise the Dallas Cowboys and San Diego Chargers, which were tied for the second worst records in 2015, also had attendances which averaged over 90% (91.5% and 94.6% respectively).

Click on a few times to fully enbiggen
                    TENatCLEweek7in2017.jpg
                    Here is a look at what the crowd looked like this year when Cleveland,
                    which is still at the bottom, played Tennessee, which is currently leading
                    their division. Does it look anywhere close to 90%? Or 80%? Or 70%

So much for jimmy's claim.

Comment

• I guess I need to start watching football so I can stop.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• No victory for Trump nor his NFL puppet McNair.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741350-multiple-texans-kneel-during-anthem-vs-seahawks-after-bob-mcnairs-comments?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, approximately 10 Texans stood during the anthem with their hand over their heart.

On Friday, ESPN The Magazine's Seth Wickersham and Don Van Natta Jr. reported McNair said, "We can't have the inmates running the prison," during the NFL owners' meetings on Oct. 18 in response to player protests during the national anthem.

After McNair's comments were made public, ESPN.com's Sarah Barshop reported wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and running back D'Onta Foreman missed Friday's practice and other players left the team facilities before returning to practice.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported McNair met with the team Saturday and "expressed regret for his comments."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported early Sunday the Texans were planning a group protest before the start of their game against the Seahawks, with their methods ranging from kneeling, peeling the team logo off their helmets, raising their fists and staying in the locker room during the anthem.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          No victory for Trump nor his NFL puppet McNair.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741350-multiple-texans-kneel-during-anthem-vs-seahawks-after-bob-mcnairs-comments?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, approximately 10 Texans stood during the anthem with their hand over their heart.

On Friday, ESPN The Magazine's Seth Wickersham and Don Van Natta Jr. reported McNair said, "We can't have the inmates running the prison," during the NFL owners' meetings on Oct. 18 in response to player protests during the national anthem.

After McNair's comments were made public, ESPN.com's Sarah Barshop reported wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and running back D'Onta Foreman missed Friday's practice and other players left the team facilities before returning to practice.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported McNair met with the team Saturday and "expressed regret for his comments."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported early Sunday the Texans were planning a group protest before the start of their game against the Seahawks, with their methods ranging from kneeling, peeling the team logo off their helmets, raising their fists and staying in the locker room during the anthem.

© Copyright Original Source

And they continue to cut their own throats.

Comment

And they continue to cut their own throats.
                            Is that why there is blood all over the floor in the White House?

Nonetheless if it was not for the arrogant abusive confrontational attitude of Trump and his puppet McNair there would be no significant controversy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              Is that why there is blood all over the floor in the White House?

Nonetheless if it was not for the arrogant abusive confrontational attitude of Trump and his puppet McNair there would be no significant controversy.

TRUMP WANTED THE CONTROVERSY YOU IDIOT.

The leftist sjw infested NFL is feeling the heat and every time the idiot, low IQ criminals that play in the National Felons League kneel Trump wins again. Trump hasn't lost anything but the NFL sure is losing millions of dollars.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

TRUMP WANTED THE CONTROVERSY YOU IDIOT.
                                Trump ALWAYS wants controversy. ANYTHINGhttp://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/...ps-leadership/

Comment