Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Big Debate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Debate!

I'm hearing that this debate will be the most watched in years! CNN of course is trying to put their thumb on the scale by preventing re-broadcasters from doing real time fact checking (not sure how they can stop that).

Three major things to watch out for.

1.Will Biden manage a coherent sentence?

2. Will he be able to stay on his feet for the duration?

3. Will Biden poop his pants?

This will be great fun!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

rogue's random thoughts regarding tonight's debate.

Personally I think it is almost impossible what old Joe will do in that his behavior has become so erratic and unstable virtually anything can happen. Still, given how pumped up on various medications that he will be, the question really is will they last the entire 90 minutes.

The bar for old Joe has been set so low that records for the deepest hole have been established. If he doesn't doze off, freeze up or wander off, it will be considered a major win for the "big guy."

In fact, a recent JL Partners poll found that 49% of respondents expect Biden to forget where he is and 41% think he’ll even walk the wrong way off the debate stage.

Where the bar should be established is at old Joe convincing the roughly 75% of Americans who think he can't do the job that they're wrong, but that won't happen.

OMB, realizing this, has stopped making fun of old Joe and been talking him up in recent days. It should be noted that, prior to dementia taking hold, old Joe was actually a pretty good debater. He did well in his VP debate against Paul Ryan back in 2012.

As for OMB, the question for him is all about self-discipline -- something he often shows a lack of. Still, there are strong signs he knows that he must exercise it. For instance, at a recent rally OMB asked the crowd if he should be "mean" and tear into the duffer, or should he just let old Joe talk. The crowd's reaction indicated strong support for the latter, but the question remains does he possess the discipline to do it.

He needs to focus on comparing life under his presidency prior to Covid with old Joe's and tell Americans how he plans to bring back stability and prosperity, and resist the moderator's (one who likes to call him Hitler and the other who was married to one of those 51 who lied about Hunter's laptop) attempts to bait and taunt him about the 2020 Election.

That the mics can be shut off will likely help OMB in that his constant remarks during the first debate in 2020 hurt him. And his not commenting during old Joe's turn will force old Joe to speak more and that's where he typically steps in it.

One last thing about the mics... they will be muted not turned off so if OMB says anything that can be exploited you can bet it will be leaked
    Last edited by rogue06; 06-27-2024, 10:02 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's a given that the CNN moderators are not going to just sit there and let Joe drift off into cuckoo land. I expect that if Joe ever seems like he's in danger of losing it, they will be quick to jump in with "Allow me to rephrase the question," or "I want to followup on what you just said," then they'll talk until he resets, and then he'll be allowed to continue.

I also predict that regardless of what actually happens, it will be enthusiastically reported by the liberal media that Joe trounced Trump.
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-27-2024, 10:29 AM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They're already testing out the microphone silence button.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

How anyone can stomach these CNN people is beyond me.

I like the way she says "You are welcome to come back at any time ..."

Translation: "You are welcome to come back and have your microphone cut off again at any time."

Comment

Yes, I saw that. Liberals really are horrible people...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Just a few

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Just a few

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I take cash, credit cards and crispy bacon. No checks please.

And a bonus one...

Comment

I take cash, credit cards and crispy bacon. No checks please.

And a bonus one...
                    I don't know, if they seem too biased they may not ever live it down.

Comment

I don't know, if they seem too biased they may not ever live it down.
                      I don't think they care very much, and their self awareness is severely limited. Like when Chris Wallace starting debating Trump on behalf of Biden in 2020, Wallace actually came away from that blaming Trump for messing up his show.

Comment

Yes, I saw that. Liberals really are horrible people...
                        Arrogant and power crazed. Give them a mute button and they go insane.

Comment

I don't think they care very much, and their self awareness is severely limited. Like when Chris Wallace starting debating Trump on behalf of Biden in 2020, Wallace actually came away from that blaming Trump for messing up his show.
                          I don't think that Candy Crowley suffered any adverse affects after she jumped in and took Obama's side during the debate in 2012, although she'd later admit that Romney "was right in the main."

Comment

...although she'd later admit that Romney "was right in the main."
                            After the damage was done...

Comment

Based on what I'm reading, this debate has been an absolute disaster for Joe and a triumph for Trump. Joe is dazed, unfocused, and mumbles his way through answers while Trump is strong and coherent. Saw a clip where after one particularly incoherent response from Joe, Trump said, "I don't know what he just said, and I don't think he does, either."
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment