Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Big Debate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I keep seeing comments like this, that "Trump lied constantly," but I'm not seeing anybody point out any specific lies.
    Really? Did you not watch the debate? Because I spotted a number just by casually viewing it whilst making dinner.

A good sampling:
    https://www.factcheck.org/2024/06/fa...-trump-debate/

IIRC, Trump totaled over 30, something like triple of Biden's own lies. In a 90 minute debate, not even taking into account commercials, etc., that's a lie every 3 minutes.
    Last edited by Slave4Christ; 06-30-2024, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slave4Christ View Post
      Really? Did you not watch the debate? Because I spotted a number just by casually viewing it whilst making dinner.

A good sampling:
      https://www.factcheck.org/2024/06/fa...-trump-debate/

IIRC, Trump totaled over 30, something like triple of Biden's own lies. In a 90 minute debate, not even taking into account commercials, etc., that's a lie every 3 minutes.
      So just the usual nonsense of claiming that hyperbole, estimates, differences of opinion, figures of speech, and so on are "lies". Trump could say, "It's 100 degrees today!" and a "fact checker" will solemnly intone, "That's a lie. It is, in fact, 99.5 degrees."
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So just the usual nonsense of claiming that hyperbole, estimates, differences of opinion, figures of speech, and so on are "lies". Trump could say, "It's 100 degrees today!" and a "fact checker" will solemnly intone, "That's a lie. It is, in fact, 99.5 degrees."
        No. The usual lies told by Trump that his faithful handwave away as 'hyperbole, estimates, figures of speech," etc.

For example, inflation is not a 'estimate' nor a 'difference of opinion'. We know, factually, how much it has gone up, and it has not come close to double let alone quadruple for food prices. That's a fact, one that Trump lied flagrantly about.

The US deficit with China is also a factual measurable thing. We know what it has been year after year. It's lower than it has been in any year for the last 15 years. That's a fact, one that Trump lied flagrantly about.

Etc.

Comment

Yep. I was prepared to see some actual "lies," but that list is pretty sparse and subjective.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• One narrative that is starting to be promoted by the left is that Joe's extended vacation at Camp David left him overly prepared for the debate, and that's why he did so badly.

Comment

One narrative that is starting to be promoted by the left is that Joe's extended vacation at Camp David left him overly prepared for the debate, and that's why he did so badly.

That he was over-prepared and under-rested was being offered up several hours after the debate.

Let's just face the fact, dementia patients have their good days and their bad days. This was obviously one of his bad days. And those bad days have been increasing and will continue to do so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                That he was over-prepared and under-rested was being offered up several hours after the debate.

Let's just face the fact, dementia patients have their good days and their bad days. This was obviously one of his bad days. And those bad days have been increasing and will continue to do so.
                I don't know about "under-rested". James Clyburn made the absurd analogy that Joe's Camp David vacation was like sitting a prize fighter in a sauna for 15 hours and then telling him to get in the ring and fight, suggesting that Joe was somehow too well rested and relaxed.

The other excuse I've seen is to liken this to baseball, that this is only strike one against Joe, and that he should get two more swings before he's counted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Me too! Biden has lost already. I am seriously afraid Michelle will step in. It would have a similar effect as Barbra Streisand stepping in; she's popular among Leftoids, they don't care how much she knows because they "like" her. Michelle has the added benefits of being black, being female, and the security of Barack in the wings.

I never forgot reading about the psychology many years ago. One reason candidates keep running for POTUS after losing is their names become familiar, and familiarity breeds contentment. "Oh, I remember Hubert Humphrey. He's been around forever. He's a safe candidate that won't push the red button." Michelle has that sort of standing.
                  Oh, I assume you're referring to the treasonous ex-president Donald Trump who is running again after losing."big time." Except that if you weren't so blinded by your bias, and your willful ignorance then your familiarity wouldn't be telling you he's a safe candidate. As a matter of fact your familiarity with Trump, should be warning you of just the opposite, i.e that he isn't safe at all, not in the least. That Trump in particular, and all the wealthy plutocrats backing him, their scheme to "tear democracy down" with their think tank organizations like the Heritage Foundation and it's laying out of the detailed road map (project 2025) for their scoundrel and useful idiot of a figure head to follow. Yeah, your familiarity with the criminally corrupt, morally bankrupt and treasonous ex-president Donald Trump, should be a warning to you, a wake up warning that this cretin of a human being this lying scoundrel is not safe at all, but a grave danger to democracy, i.e if a danger to democracy is a matter of concern to you. Wake up people!!!
                  Last edited by JimL; Yesterday, 07:58 AM.

Comment

I don't know about "under-rested". James Clyburn made the absurd analogy that Joe's Camp David vacation was like sitting a prize fighter in a sauna for 15 hours and then telling him to get in the ring and fight, suggesting that Joe was somehow too well rested and relaxed.

The other excuse I've seen is to liken this to baseball, that this is only strike one against Joe, and that he should get two more swings before he's counted out.
                    If you look back over the last three and a half years this is more like the 9th inning with the duffer having swung and missed on three straight pitches for every at bat in every inning. He just whiffed again on strike 81.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Oh, I assume you're referring to the treasonous ex-president Donald Trump who is running again after losing."big time." Except that if you weren't so blinded by your bias, and your willful ignorance then your familiarity wouldn't be telling you he's a safe candidate. As a matter of fact your familiarity with Trump, should be warning you of just the opposite, i.e that he isn't safe at all, not in the least.
                      Trump was president once already, and the country and world survived. In fact, things were better before drippy Biden stepped in.

That Trump in particular, and all the wealthy plutocrats backing him, their scheme to "tear democracy down" with their think tank organizations like the Heritage Foundation and it's laying out of the detailed road map (project 2025) for their scoundrel and useful idiot of a figure head to follow. Yeah, your familiarity with the criminally corrupt, morally bankrupt and treasonous ex-president Donald Trump, should be a warning to you, a wake up warning that this cretin of a human being this lying scoundrel is not safe at all, but a grave danger to democracy, i.e if a danger to democracy is a matter of concern to you. Wake up people!!!
                      So, you think Trump would demand a third term - in spite of the Constitution? You're a funny guy.

Comment

Dems seem to be in the five stages of grief. Right now they're in the bargaining stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Dems seem to be in the five stages of grief. Right now they're in the bargaining stage.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            If you look back over the last three and a half years this is more like the 9th inning with the duffer having swung and missed on three straight pitches for every at bat in every inning. He just whiffed again on strike 81.
                            Wrong. Biden, though I understand that the bamboozled can never admit to it, Biden pretty much hit it out of the park when it comes to his accomplishments in his Presidency whether he struck out in the debate or not.
                            On the other hand Trump basically did nothing other than cancel, I don't know, some hundreds of regulations against corporations, which Congress had passed into law in the interests of the climate, environment and the American people. He cut 2 trillion in taxes mostly 84% of which went to the wealthy. Built a tiny portion of the wall that btw, Mexico didn't and isn't going to pay for. Added three more activist ideologue, judges to what we now can see is a very, very, corrupt SCOTUS. Then, for the most part, he allowed Obama's economy to roll smoothly along.
                            Then for the most part he ranting and raving, firing non-loyalists, non- sycophants, directed his corrupt minions to seek dirt on his rival, gave admiration and love to his dictator friends, disparaged our allies, further divided the American people, fumbled the Pandemic, and then when losing the election attempted several differing ways to overthrow that election and illegally remain in power, including inciting an insurrection.That failing, he stole every classified documents from the White House, obstructed the FBI's retrieval of said documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              I'm hearing that this debate will be the most watched in years! CNN of course is trying to put their thumb on the scale by preventing re-broadcasters from doing real time fact checking (not sure how they can stop that).

Three major things to watch out for.

1.Will Biden manage a coherent sentence?

2. Will he be able to stay on his feet for the duration?

3. Will Biden poop his pants?

This will be great fun!
                              This debate shows why the Justice Dept refuses to release the Hur audio. They are covering for Biden...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Wrong. Biden, though I understand that the bamboozled can never admit to it, Biden pretty much hit it out of the park when it comes to his accomplishments in his Presidency whether he struck out in the debate or not.
                                On the other hand Trump basically did nothing other than cancel, I don't know, some hundreds of regulations against corporations, which Congress had passed into law in the interests of the climate, environment and the American people. He cut 2 trillion in taxes mostly 84% of which went to the wealthy. Built a tiny portion of the wall that btw, Mexico didn't and isn't going to pay for. Added three more activist ideologue, judges to what we now can see is a very, very, corrupt SCOTUS. Then, for the most part, he allowed Obama's economy to roll smoothly along.
                                Then for the most part he ranting and raving, firing non-loyalists, non- sycophants, directed his corrupt minions to seek dirt on his rival, gave admiration and love to his dictator friends, disparaged our allies, further divided the American people, fumbled the Pandemic, and then when losing the election attempted several differing ways to overthrow that election and illegally remain in power, including inciting an insurrection.That failing, he stole every classified documents from the White House, obstructed the FBI's retrieval of said documents.
                                Apparently you don't realize that old Joe lists as his biggest accomplishment his using quotas to fill positions including his VP and SCOTUS choices (they of course call it being inclusive). Something that Americans overwhelmingly reject.

Comment