Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Watch out for 'Project 2025'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post

That would be Neo-Nazis, and can you give a couple of examples that lead you to compare these ideas to Nazism?
    I don't like the term Neo-Nazis because they have their own agenda.

The 2025 Proposal would need it's very own.
    Shutting down your country's Homeland security and FBI, or rounding up political opposition and journalism would be three aspects that mirror Nazi Germany's approach to things. If you read up on what happened in Germany once Hitler had gained total dictatorship (1936ish?) and then read the shorter Wiki list of characteristics of 2025 then that might be best.
    ​​​​​

Comment

Does anybody here take "Project 2025" seriously?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

I don't like the term Neo-Nazis because they have their own agenda.

The 2025 Proposal would need it's very own.
        Shutting down your country's Homeland security and FBI, or rounding up political opposition and journalism would be three aspects that mirror Nazi Germany's approach to things. If you read up on what happened in Germany once Hitler had gained total dictatorship (1936ish?) and then read the shorter Wiki list of characteristics of 2025 then that might be best.
        ​​​​​
        Think about what you are saying - shutting down Homeland and the FBI gives the Federal government less power not more, and please direct me, in the actual document (not Wiki), where it speaks of rounding up political opposition and journalism. Be specific please.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          There are notable conservative movers and shakers involved. But no, they will never dismantle the administrative state - sadly...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

No, rogue. The resistance, and their certainly should be a resistance, is to the obvious Autocracy being planned and shaped by the far right think tanks such as this, the Heritage Foundation et al which are operated by the wealthy plutocrats, who will thru these plans direct Trump in exactly how to go about doing what he wasn't capable of achieving on his own the first time around. The plan is Trump's map, and just as the Federalist Society supplied the ideologues, the right wing Supreme Court Justices for Trump to
            Nominate, they will supply too the loyalist sycophants for Trump to appoint as heads of what previously were our Democrat Institutions, that is those Democrat Institutions that they don't abolish. In other words these political think tanks have been doing a lot of thinking and have obviously been shaping their Authoritarian form of government that they intend to replace our American democracy with and Trump is exactly the kind of man, the narcissistic, treasonous, wannabe dictator that they needed to pull it off. Vote Blue!!! Or lose you're democracy. They aren't making those plans just for the hell of it.
            Those seeking to subvert the government almost always claim and even occasionally believe that their motives are noble when in almost all cases its nothing but a naked power grab or in this case a desperate desire to maintain a hold onto it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When I first heard of it a few weeks back it was described as being established to help vet folks wanting to be a part of OMB's Administration so that he can have a team ready to go on day one and not still be trying to fill key positions months after taking office.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw this thread.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw this thread.
                  Yeah, never heard of it before.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Those seeking to subvert the government almost always claim and even occasionally believe that their motives are noble when in almost all cases its nothing but a naked power grab or in this case a desperate desire to maintain a hold onto it.
                    So you're vehemently opposed then to this right wing Authoritarian attempt to subvert our Democracy?

Comment

So you're vehemently opposed then to this right wing Authoritarian attempt to subvert our Democracy?
                      How are they subverting Democracy - exactly?

Comment

Comment

When I first heard of it a few weeks back it was described as being established to help vet folks wanting to be a part of OMB's Administration so that he can have a team ready to go on day one and not still be trying to fill key positions months after taking office.
                          Project 2025 is a Heritage Foundation creation. I take the Heritage Foundation seriously. They have influence in Republican administrations. Not as much as the Federalist Society, but enough to make a difference. Saying I take a proposal seriously means I will examine it carefully.

In broad, P2025 looks unprofessional to me in its meandering and self-contradictory proposals and questionable choices for contributors. But in fine, there are actionable proposals in P2025 that are highly disturbing. Mexico, for instance, will close its borders to us before allowing us to dump five million unauthorized residents and two million asylum seekers back across their border. It's physically possible to create the multi-million-person internment camps that would be logistically necessary to carry out the mass deportations envisioned in P2025, but it would come at a substantial cost to civil society.

Look at Xinjiang province in China.

I don't know how anything short of an autocracy could accomplish it, but there are presidential powers intended for states of emergency that could make the creation of those camps politically feasible, and presidential powers intended for states of emergency that could force dissenting Americans to accept them, powers that could override both first article and third article objections. If the military was deployed against the general population by invocation of the Insurrection Act, this could surely happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Mexico, for instance, will close its borders to us before allowing us to dump five million unauthorized residents and two million asylum seekers back across their border.

Bull, it would destroy their economy within weeks if they closed their borders...

Comment

Project 2025 is a Heritage Foundation creation. I take the Heritage Foundation seriously. They have influence in Republican administrations. Not as much as the Federalist Society, but enough to make a difference. Saying I take a proposal seriously means I will examine it carefully.

In broad, P2025 looks unprofessional to me in its meandering and self-contradictory proposals and questionable choices for contributors. But in fine, there are actionable proposals in P2025 that are highly disturbing. Mexico, for instance, will close its borders to us before allowing us to dump five million unauthorized residents and two million asylum seekers back across their border. It's physically possible to create the multi-million-person internment camps that would be logistically necessary to carry out the mass deportations envisioned in P2025, but it would come at a substantial cost to civil society.

Look at Xinjiang province in China.

I don't know how anything short of an autocracy could accomplish it, but there are presidential powers intended for states of emergency that could make the creation of those camps politically feasible, and presidential powers intended for states of emergency that could force dissenting Americans to accept them, powers that could override both first article and third article objections. If the military was deployed against the general population by invocation of the Insurrection Act, this could surely happen.
                              It is apparently a bunch of folks wanting a job in any OMB Administration and a bunch of spit balling of various ideas that some of them support. It is a mess.

Mexico, for instance, will close its borders to us before allowing us to dump five million unauthorized residents and two million asylum seekers back across their border.
                              So OMB finally found a way to get Mexico to pay for a wall
                              Last edited by rogue06; 06-20-2024, 09:46 AM.

Comment

It is apparently a bunch of folks wanting a job in any OMB Administration and a bunch of spit balling of various ideas that some of them support. It is a mess.

So OMB finally found a way to get Mexico to pay for a wall

Comment