Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Watch out for 'Project 2025'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eider View Post

You haven't read it!
    Just read the Foreword on its policy!
    I second the exhortation.

At 17 pages, it is definitely too long, but that is literally my ONLY complaint with it.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

At 17 pages, it is definitely too long, but that is literally my ONLY complaint with it.
      That's hilarious, NorrinRadd, your only complaint with it is that you haven't read it because it's too long. LOL.

Comment

^^ NR did NOT say that he didn't read it, and the inference is that he actually did.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

That's hilarious, NorrinRadd, your only complaint with it is that you haven't read it because it's too long. LOL.
          A) He never said that.
          2) I just skimmed over it, Jim, after seeing that the main contributors were Heritage Foundation.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So no more FBI for you? No more Homeland security?
            The shocking proposals just go on and on without end.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
              ^^ NR did NOT say that he didn't read it, and the inference is that he actually did.
              He specifically said he read only 17 pages.

Comment

You haven't read it!
                Just read the Foreword on its policy!

He specifically said he read only 17 pages.
                Looks to me like the whole conversation was about those 17 pages. Jim, you'll find I check things pretty carefully. To catch me out being wrong, you have to be at least as careful as me.

Or lucky, I guess. I miss things sometimes.

Comment

For reference, the full text of the document is available here:
                  https://static.project2025.org/2025_...rship_FULL.pdf

My understanding is that it's a playbook for Donald Trump to gut the Federal Government, though he'll probably only do that after prosecuting his political enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by VonTastrophe View Post
                    For reference, the full text of the document is available here:
                    https://static.project2025.org/2025_...rship_FULL.pdf

My understanding is that it's a playbook for Donald Trump to gut the Federal Government, though he'll probably only do that after prosecuting his political enemies.
                    920 pages is a lot more than "17" (I knows math!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

eider said "Just read the Foreword on its policy!"

The Foreword alone is an annoying 17 pages. I read it.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Maybe they intended to own the libs by shear verbosity.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          This would be more in alignment with things like that: The Resistance to a New Trump Administration Has Already Started

We used to call those things "shadow governments" and their trying to subvert government policy was deemed as wholly unethical if not illegal.
                          No, rogue. The resistance, and their certainly should be a resistance, is to the obvious Autocracy being planned and shaped by the far right think tanks such as this, the Heritage Foundation et al which are operated by the wealthy plutocrats, who will thru these plans direct Trump in exactly how to go about doing what he wasn't capable of achieving on his own the first time around. The plan is Trump's map, and just as the Federalist Society supplied the ideologues, the right wing Supreme Court Justices for Trump to
                          Nominate, they will supply too the loyalist sycophants for Trump to appoint as heads of what previously were our Democrat Institutions, that is those Democrat Institutions that they don't abolish. In other words these political think tanks have been doing a lot of thinking and have obviously been shaping their Authoritarian form of government that they intend to replace our American democracy with and Trump is exactly the kind of man, the narcissistic, treasonous, wannabe dictator that they needed to pull it off. Vote Blue!!! Or lose you're democracy. They aren't making those plans just for the hell of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Looks to me like the whole conversation was about those 17 pages. Jim, you'll find I check things pretty carefully. To catch me out being wrong, you have to be at least as careful as me.

Or lucky, I guess. I miss things sometimes.
                            Oh ok, my bad then. I haven't read the entire thread, so I'll certainly trust you on that one It just sounded funny to me that he read 17 pages out of 920 and found the only thing wrong with it was that it was too long.

Thank you Juvenal for setting me straight on that.

And Apologies to NorrinRadd. Again, My bad!
                            Last edited by JimL; 06-19-2024, 01:34 PM.

Comment

No, rogue. The resistance, and their certainly should be a resistance, is to the obvious Autocracy being planned and shaped by the far right think tanks such as this, the Heritage Foundation et al which are operated by the wealthy plutocrats, who will thru these plans direct Trump in exactly how to go about doing what he wasn't capable of achieving on his own the first time around. The plan is Trump's map, and just as the Federalist Society supplied the ideologues, the right wing Supreme Court Justices for Trump to
                              Nominate, they will supply too the loyalist sycophants for Trump to appoint as heads of what previously were our Democrat Institutions, that is those Democrat Institutions that they don't abolish. In other words these political think tanks have been doing a lot of thinking and have obviously been shaping their Authoritarian form of government that they intend to replace our American democracy with and Trump is exactly the kind of man, the narcissistic, treasonous, wannabe dictator that they needed to pull it off. Vote Blue!!! Or lose you're democracy. They aren't making those plans just for the hell of it.
                              All good...... Project 2025 is not just their plan, it's their dream to achieve, and it reminds me of how Hitler's regime got started.

What's a suitably new and modern term for 'New Nazis'?

Comment

What's a suitably new and modern term for 'New Nazis'?
                                That would be Neo-Nazis, and can you give a couple of examples that lead you to compare these ideas to Nazism?
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment