Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What, exactly, is the "crisis?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Oh my, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyways MM, you brought this on yourself. The Senate republican sponsored border bill was a very good bill, a very strong bill, which covered every issue pertaining to tightening up the border, from holding cells, to more judges, to more patrol agents, to more strategic wall, to more technical assist.

And you all very well know that at any other time, under a republican president, that bill would have passed without a doubt, and you all would have praised the republicans for passing it. But because the treasonous ex-president is trying to regain legally the power he tried, but failed to hold illegally, the bill was blocked so that Trump, being that he has no policy to speak of, can at least use the border problems as a campaign issue.
    Then you all have to play the role of the idiot and thoughtlessly, like the fools they take you for, repeat the dumb, senseless excuses that they feed you as reason for their Blocking of the bill.
    And that my friend is how what you think aligns perfectly with what your told to think. Have you heard one conservative here stray from the dumbed down party line and question the contradiction between their claimed concern for border security and the blocking of the strong border bill? I don't think so,

Another example would be the recently released edited videos and false narratives about Biden pooping himself, and meandering off to talk to the trees.
    That's the kind of absolute and obvious nonsense that your handlers expect you to believe and by golly if they don't have you pegged.
    The absolute idiocy of the new Trump led republican party, the ridiculous stuff you'll believe, and even try and try and try to defend which only makes yourselves look like even bigger fools.
    No, MM, it's you who unquestioningly think what you are told to think, and no matter the evidence, the in your face facts to the contrary, you'll continue to deny those facts, because you don't care about facts. ​​​​​
    I'm reminded of something you said recently. What was it?

Originally posted by JimL View Post

When one has no argument left, trying to disparage his opponent becomes his tool.
    Right, that was it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by View Post

No, were fed up with Trump and the House republicans who pretend to care about the border and then block the strongest (republican sponsored) border reform bill ever to pass the Senate for political reasons. Had the Speaker brought it to the floor it would have passed (which is why he didn't bring it up for a vote) and be in effect right now. Had they voted on it and passed it you would be praising the Republicans for it, but because the treasonous ex-president had it blocked you have to go into your usual excuse mode and think and say what your handlers tell you to think and say.
      I came across one of my posts from earlier this year that addresses this:

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      About that bipartisan border deal making its way through Congress, first, it ties additional Ukraine funding (real goal) to supposedly increasing security at our own border. Second, it doesn't grant any new powers to the office of president or the Department of Homeland security but is simply a pinky-swear promise to enforce the laws they are already ignoring if illegal border crossings exceed a staggering 5000 a day for one week, or 8500 in a single day.

In other words, it's just more smoke and mirrors nonsense under the pretense of securing the border. But it sure has [ignorant liberals] fooled.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...l/#more-255259

Comment

• A note.

I wrote this a while back:
        Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        Starlight and others can crow about numbers they want. But they can't beat a simple reality.

Things are extremely more expensive NOW than they were at the beginning of the Biden Administration.

Source: https://dailyprogress.com/news/local/grocery-store-prices-inflation-economy-food-drink-dining/article_aebc3c17-460d-5412-9e14-a707a37cfc10.html#:~:text=Grocery%20inflation%20has%20plummeted%20from,before%20inflation%20began%20to%20accelerate.

Consider the price of food, one of the items people encounter most frequently. Grocery inflation has plummeted from a year-over-year peak of 13.5% in August 2022 to just 1.3%. Yet a typical basket of groceries still costs 20% more than it did in February 2021, just before inflation began to accelerate. On average, chicken prices are up 25%. So, too, is bread. Milk is 18% more expensive than it was before the pandemic.

© Copyright Original Source

You can talk about how Biden brought the inflation down, how wages have grown, etc. But what people REMEMBER is that thier basic necessities are more expensive. 20% is nothing to sneeze at, especially when that means you are having to substitute for what you may consider are inferior prices. When the price to treat yourself feels more expensive when you go out, you notice.

https://www.businessinsider.com/infl...s-year-2023-11

That's the thing people are going to remember, and that's the thing that Biden will be blamed for.

It still holds true.

Regardless of where the inflation rate is AT NOW, the reality is that even if inflation were to drop to 0, prices are now at a level we wouldn't have expected them to be at until ~2030, assuming that inflation stayed at the ~ 1.8% average it had been at for the 10 years prior to 2021.

You can say it's not Biden's fault, but the reality is "fault" doesn't matter. The president gets held responsible by the electorate bases on how they feel, and paying 20% more for things doesn't feel good.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          First, even aside from the "legal testimony" argument, the NT repeatedly discourages "slander," generally in moral, as opposed to legal, contexts.
          Agreed, but lies and slander are two different things. The commandment isn’t about lying as it’s typically portrayed.

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          Second, we're Christians, so we take the claims of risen saints to be true, not "made-up."
          That’s either said out of ignorance or is a lie. Even conservative Christian apologist Mike Licona acknowledges Matthew’s risen saints was likely portent, not an actual event. And who would blame anyone for interpreting the event that way? Think about it. Those saints have already died and been translated to eternity. They’ve finally met God in person and learned the mysteries of existence. God pulls them out of that state and brings them back to earth to die yet again.

Look at it in the context of Saint Enoch. Enoch walked with God, as did those saints. For his reward, Enoch is strangely spared the natural process of death. Meanwhile, these guys are resurrected—cheapening the idea of resurrection altogether—only to live out the rest of their lives in this miserable fleshsuit to die again.

Biblical authors don’t consider the logic of their dramatic inventions and the needless burden of belief it puts on future readers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
            ....No, it says much more than that. It says the vast majority comes through ports of entry...
            According to Mayorkas. The guy who also claimed the Border is secure.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post

Agreed, but lies and slander are two different things. The commandment isn’t about lying as it’s typically portrayed.

That’s either said out of ignorance or is a lie. Even conservative Christian apologist Mike Licona acknowledges Matthew’s risen saints was likely portent, not an actual event. And who would blame anyone for interpreting the event that way? Think about it. Those saints have already died and been translated to eternity. They’ve finally met God in person and learned the mysteries of existence. God pulls them out of that state and brings them back to earth to die yet again.

Look at it in the context of Saint Enoch. Enoch walked with God, as did those saints. For his reward, Enoch is strangely spared the natural process of death. Meanwhile, these guys are resurrected—cheapening the idea of resurrection altogether—only to live out the rest of their lives in this miserable fleshsuit to die again.

Biblical authors don’t consider the logic of their dramatic inventions and the needless burden of belief it puts on future readers.

Christians don't feel any "burden" to "prove" things to infidels.

FWIW, Craig Keener from the IVP Bible Background Commentary:

Matt 27:52-53. Although these raisings of the dead saints, like those in the Old Testament, do not mean that they will not die again, they prefigure Judaism’s anticipated final resurrection, when the dead will be raised never to die again. Archaeological evidence indicates that in popular (not official) Judaism, the tombs of saints were venerated. Gentiles sometimes understood appearances of the (not-raised) dead as omens of coming disaster (Ovid, Metamorphoses 15.797).

Not that this "proves" the event, but it shows a recognized NT scholar taking the assertion as factual and true.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Christians don't feel any "burden" to "prove" things to infidels.
                I didn’t say Christians were burdened to prove things (although quite clearly some are, as evidenced by a plethora of terrible apologists). I said the addition of dubious claims on top of the main claim of Christianity becomes burden to the witnessee who has enough to cognitively contend with.

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                FWIW, Craig Keener from the IVP Bible Background Commentary:

Matt 27:52-53. Although these raisings of the dead saints, like those in the Old Testament, do not mean that they will not die again, they prefigure Judaism’s anticipated final resurrection, when the dead will be raised never to die again. Archaeological evidence indicates that in popular (not official) Judaism, the tombs of saints were venerated. Gentiles sometimes understood appearances of the (not-raised) dead as omens of coming disaster (Ovid, Metamorphoses 15.797).

Not that this "proves" the event, but it shows a recognized NT scholar taking the assertion as factual and true.
                I didn’t say all Christians don’t believe it. I only countered your assertion that all Christians regard the story as true. Obviously, that’s not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I came across one of my posts from earlier this year that addresses this:

Yes, that's the kind of crap they feed you MM. But tell that to the Republicans in the Senate who all said that it was s very strong bill, and probably the strongest bill they would ever have expected to get such bipartisan support for.
                  The other nonsense you fell for was the Ukraine funding, which of course was also supported by the Senate Republicans, and with the small majority of Republicans, and an even smaller amount of anti democracy nut case republicans in the House it would no doubt have passed in the House as well, which is why the Sycophant, oops, I mesn Speaker, didn't even bring it to the floor for a vote.
                  Try looking objectively at the opposing perspective before posting what you are told to believe and you'll better protect yourself from being played by those who know what you want to believe.

Comment

Yes, that's the kind of crap they feed you MM. But tell that to the Republicans in the Senate who all said that it was s very strong bill, and probably the strongest bill they would ever have expected to get such bipartisan support for.
                    The other nonsense you fell for was the Ukraine funding, which of course was also supported by the Senate Republicans, and with the small majority of Republicans, and an even smaller amount of anti democracy nut case republicans in the House it would no doubt have passed in the House as well, which is why the Sycophant, oops, I mesn Speaker, didn't even bring it to the floor for a vote.
                    Try looking objectively at the opposing perspective before posting what you are told to believe and you'll better protect yourself from being played by those who know what you want to believe.
                    Let me just follow the sources you referenced to double check your facts, and--

Oh, it looks like you didn't provide any sources and just expect me to take your word for it. Well, that's not going to happen.

Comment

Let me just follow the sources you referenced to double check your facts, and--

Oh, it looks like you didn't provide any sources and just expect me to take your word for it. Well, that's not going to happen.
                      You don't need me in order for you to check with other sources of evidence rather than just getting news from you're right wing sources who should know by now are taking you for a fool when they do things like this, like editing videos and publishing what they know to be false narratives. What do you think they only did it this once. Believe me they do it all the time. They are not legitimate news sources, and just one case like this should make you realize that they can't be trusted. But they know what you want to hear and what they want you to believe, so that's what they give you. In other words they, including your politicians, take you for a fool.

Comment

You don't need me in order for you to check with other sources of evidence rather than just getting news from you're right wing sources who should know by now are taking you for a fool when they do things like this, like editing videos and publishing what they know to be false narratives. What do you think they only did it this once. Believe me they do it all the time. They are not legitimate news sources, and just one case like this should make you realize that they can't be trusted. But they know what you want to hear and what they want you to believe, so that's what they give you. In other words they, including your politicians, take you for a fool.
                        Give me a moment to look over your sourc--

Well, dang it, you did it again!

Comment

Give me a moment to look over your sourc--

Well, dang it, you did it again!
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

You think you're being comical, MM, but all you're doing is proving my point, You're being premeditatively ignorant which is what call people who don't care to know the truth,o believe they want to believe what they want to believe and would rather live in denial than to admit to the facts. So, like you, so long as they tell you what you want to believe, then that's enough for you.

I doubt that you've not even acknowledged the fact yet that the
                            NY Post played you for a fool and edited, and published false narratives about those two video of Biden yet. Have you? Premeditative ignorance!!

Comment

You think you're being comical, MM, but all you're doing is proving my point, You're being premeditatively ignorant which is what call people who don't care to know the truth,o believe they want to believe what they want to believe and would rather live in denial than to admit to the facts. So, like you, so long as they tell you what you want to believe, then that's enough for you.

I doubt that you've not even acknowledged the fact yet that the
                              NY Post played you for a fool and edited, and published false narratives about those two video of Biden yet. Have you? Premeditative ignorance!!
                              You think you're being coherent, Jimmy, but you're responding to seer, not Mountain Man.

Comment

You think you're being coherent, Jimmy, but you're responding to seer, not Mountain Man.
                                That's ok, you got the point and so did seer!

Comment