Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What, exactly, is the "crisis?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    If ...
    FACT SHEET: DEMOCRATS ARE FED UP WITH SECRETARY MAYORKAS’ BORDER CRISIS,

then ...

... why don't any of these quotes mention Mayorkas?
    It's almost like they don't blame Mayorkas. But then, that would mean they're not fed up with Secretary Mayorkas' border criss. But then, that would mean the fact sheet is a misrepresentation.

I don't think I trust that Fact Sheet. It doesn't seem to check out.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Perhaps because they are extremely short excerpts?
      I'm pretty sure I saw someone posting your account saying, what was it ...

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      This argument from silence is a poor road to travel.
      It's almost like you know that's a bad thing. But that would mean you're violating your own principles. I'm pretty sure there's a word for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

If Mayorkas told me the sky was blue, I'd have to go outside and ... um... ask somebody I trusted who can actually see colors.
        Well, the sky isn't actually blue, it's actually a blueish purple but are eyes aren't equipped to detect violet so it appears blue to us. Trust me. LOL.

Comment

It's almost like they don't blame Mayorkas. But then, that would mean they're not fed up with Secretary Mayorkas' border criss. But then, that would mean the fact sheet is a misrepresentation.

I don't think I trust that Fact Sheet. It doesn't seem to check out.
          I see, so Democrats are becoming fed up with the situation at the border but not with the person who is directly responsible for causing that situation.

Yes, that makes perfect sense.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I see, so Democrats are becoming fed up with the situation at the border but not with the person who is directly responsible for causing that situation.

Nah, but I do think it could be some folks are begging the question. Pretty sure folks in the second branch are dependent on folks in the first branch to write laws and provide the necessary funding to carry them out. Can't put people in cells that haven't been built, can you? Can't push people through courts that don't have enough judges, right?

Or maybe he is directly responsible, and you just neglected to show me why you believe it.

I'm kinda stuck on holding off on conclusions until I've seen evidence. But I have seen evidence of one thing. That fact sheet doesn't say Democrats blame Mayorkas. So I don't trust it.
            Last edited by Juvenal; 06-18-2024, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Well, the sky isn't actually blue, it's actually ablueish purple but are eyes aren't equipped to detect violet so it appears blue to us. Trust me. LOL.
              I dunno. It's not totally inconceivable that there might be a politician out there somewhere who'd choose to deliberately lie about the weather.

Trump’s Most Pointless Lie
              The president keeps insisting that Hurricane Dorian was forecast to hit Alabama.

original.jpg

Comment

No, were fed up with Trump and the House republicans who pretend to care about the border and then block the strongest (republican sponsored) border reform bill ever to pass the Senate for political reasons. Had the Speaker brought it to the floor it would have passed (which is why he didn't bring it up for a vote) and be in effect right now. Had they voted on it and passed it you would be praising the Republicans for it, but because the treasonous ex-president had it blocked you have to go into your usual excuse mode and think and say what your handlers tell you to think and say.

Comment

• Originally posted by View Post

No, were fed up with Trump and the House republicans who pretend to care about the border and then block the strongest (republican sponsored) border reform bill ever to pass the Senate for political reasons. Had the Speaker brought it to the floor it would have passed (which is why he didn't bring it up for a vote) and be in effect right now. Had they voted on it and passed it you would be praising the Republicans for it, but because the treasonous ex-president had it blocked you have to go into your usual excuse mode and think and say what your handlers tell you to think and say.
                  Fake news. Joe's border bill did not grant him any powers he didn't already have as president. If he really wanted. he could close the border this very second even without that bill.

Comment

Fake news. Joe's border bill did not grant him any powers he didn't already have as president. If he really wanted. he could close the border this very second even without that bill.
                    Like I said, into excuse mode you go, and mimicking the falsehoods of your handlers.Wiyhout the funding for the bill none of what's in it could be done.

Comment

Like I said, into excuse mode you go, and mimicking the falsehoods of your handlers.Wiyhout the funding for the bill none of what's in it could be done.
                      You just kinda say any old random thing that pops into your head, don't you?

Comment

You just kinda say any old random thing that pops into your head, don't you?
                        Well that's kind of the difference between us, MM. I post what I think, you post what you're told to think.

Comment

Nah, but I do think it could be some folks are begging the question. Pretty sure folks in the second branch are dependent on folks in the first branch to write laws and provide the necessary funding to carry them out. Can't put people in cells that haven't been built, can you? Can't push people through courts that don't have enough judges, right?

Or maybe he is directly responsible, and you just neglected to show me why you believe it.

I'm kinda stuck on holding off on conclusions until I've seen evidence. But I have seen evidence of one thing. That fact sheet doesn't say Democrats blame Mayorkas. So I don't trust it.
                          Perhaps Democrats are dumber than we thought and aren't aware that Mayorkas is in charge of the border, and has declared it to be secure?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well that's kind of the difference between us, MM. I post what I think, you post what you're told to think.
                            And it just so happens that what you think aligns perfectly with the latest Democrat talking points. What a coincidence!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              First, Sam's source only says that they are "often" brought into the U.S. by American citizens.
                              No, it says much more than that. It says the vast majority comes through ports of entry. You said most is transported by illegal immigrants and people-smugglers - who tend not to use ports of entry. That's the contradiction.

Ignoring most of the differences and focussing on one small difference that technically isn't a contradiction because 'often' doesn't necessary mean 'most' is extreme cherry/nit-picking. It's the act of some-one more interested in not being wrong than in being right.
                              Last edited by Roy; 06-19-2024, 03:35 AM.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

And it just so happens that what you think aligns perfectly with the latest Democrat talking points. What a coincidence!
                                Oh my, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyways MM, you brought this on yourself. The Senate republican sponsored border bill was a very good bill, a very strong bill, which covered every issue pertaining to tightening up the border, from holding cells, to more judges, to more patrol agents, to more strategic wall, to more technical assist.

And you all very well know that at any other time, under a republican president, that bill would have passed without a doubt, and you all would have praised the republicans for passing it. But because the treasonous ex-president is trying to regain legally the power he tried, but failed to hold illegally, the bill was blocked so that Trump, being that he has no policy to speak of, can at least use the border problems as a campaign issue.
                                Then you all have to play the role of the idiot and thoughtlessly, like the fools they take you for, repeat the dumb, senseless excuses that they feed you as reason for their Blocking of the bill.
                                And that my friend is how what you think aligns perfectly with what your told to think. Have you heard one conservative here stray from the dumbed down party line and question the contradiction between their claimed concern for border security and the blocking of the strong border bill? I don't think so,

Another example would be the recently released edited videos and false narratives about Biden pooping himself, and meandering off to talk to the trees.
                                That's the kind of absolute and obvious nonsense that your handlers expect you to believe and by golly if they don't have you pegged.
                                The absolute idiocy of the new Trump led republican party, the ridiculous stuff you'll believe, and even try and try and try to defend which only makes yourselves look like even bigger fools.
                                No, MM, it's you who unquestioningly think what you are told to think, and no matter the evidence, the in your face facts to the contrary, you'll continue to deny those facts, because you don't care about facts. ​​​​​

​​​​

Comment