Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Miss Maryland USA is a man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Beatty pageants are interesting case where the more conservative relax their demands for modesty while the Left rein in their libertine impulses. If an adult human female consents to display herself as an object of attention, why should you care?

One can agree that pageants are tasteless excuses to objectify women (and that similar child and teen pageants are creepy) and still understand that men participating sex segregated events for women supplants women.

Also, once could argue that a man participating heightens the anxiety of non-passing men who have a competitively higher baseline of distress when compared the women or girls that the women in the pageant serve as an ideal which they couldn't achieve.
    The strangest part is that any man who enters a female beauty pageant is all but guaranteed to win out of a misplaced sense of social justice, no matter how ugly he is compared to the actual women who surround him. I honestly think the only way this is going to stop is if women simply boycott any female competitive event that allows men to compete. Basically, turn it into a mockery when the only contestants to show up are one or two dudes.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
      Why does she have back boobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The strangest part is that any man who enters a female beauty pageant is all but guaranteed to win out of a misplaced sense of social justice, no matter how ugly he is compared to the actual women who surround him. I honestly think the only way this is going to stop is if women simply boycott any female competitive event that allows men to compete. Basically, turn it into a mockery when the only contestants to show up are one or two dudes.
        Then again, there's the Miss Alabama of the National American Miss (NAM) Pageant, which is involved in its own controversy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Why does she have back boobs?
          Obviously it's Juvenal's perfect woman...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Then again, there's the Miss Alabama of the National American Miss (NAM) Pageant, which is involved in its own controversy.
            At least she's a woman, but, yeah, beauty pageants are traditionally a celebration of the ideal, so crowning a morbidly obese gal is a bit... strange.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Good grief!

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Miss Alabama making her victory stop at Golden Coral; She’s getting ready to roll on the red carpet!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Miss Alabama making her victory stop at Golden Coral; She’s getting ready to roll on the red carpet!

At some point you should realize there's a line and preferable not cross it.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

At some point you should realize there's a line and preferable not cross it.
                    Probably...

Comment

Next up:

Miss AI: The World's First Beauty Pageant for AI-Generated Models

Now we're entering Stepford Wives territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Next up:

Miss AI: The World's First Beauty Pageant for AI-Generated Models

Now we're entering Stepford Wives territory.
                        I bet someone will generate an AI trans-woman and it will win the contest.

Comment