Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mr. Trump and the Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post

I trust that our military is capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time. You create a false dichotomy here. We do not know all that the military is doing in terms of new technology development, nor should we. Such knowledge would compromise military effectiveness. So I trust military leaders, under congressional oversight, to be ready to deal with what confronts us.
    It's where they place their priorities that matters. Currently our priority seems to be using proper pronouns. I mean there is nothing better to prepare someone for war than training them how not to upset someone's feelings.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

close enough...
      No need for that sort of thing when what is real is as bad if not worse.

When "Be all you can be" doesn't mean the same thing that it used to mean.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        No need for that sort of thing when what is real is as bad if not worse.
        Good grief, of course he (she?) is in the Army.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Good grief, of course he (she?) is in the Army.
          And evidence that fitness requirements have plummeted. I mean if she jumped into a fox hole there wouldn't be any room for her gear much less anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

I think.

I think

Comment

As a government worker who has been involved in the DoD since 1987, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT TRUMP IS NOT THE PROBLEM
              Last edited by Bill the Cat; 06-04-2024, 09:33 AM.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                As a government worker who has been involved in the DoD since 18987,

from the future.png

I KNEW it! I KNEW it, I KNEW it, I KNEW it!!!!!

I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT TRUMP IS NOT THE PROBLEM

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As a government worker who has been involved in the DoD since 18987, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT TRUMP IS NOT THE PROBLEM
                  Dang it Bill! When you borrow the roguetech time machine the number one rule is that you must stay inside the machine at all times.

That and don't return it with an empty tank.

Comment

That's enough......... Mr Trump won't need the electorate after regaining the Presidency.

Nor did Hitler after gaining power.

It's going to be a real horror story, I think.

For sure........pages and pages of horrors to come, for the USA and the World.

I think it's too late to stem this tide, I'm afraid. You need to find a metaphorical rock to get underneath with your loved ones.
                    Our constitution is set up in such a way that no one person could ever take over the country like Hitler did. The President just doesn't have that kind of power. Not to mention he would be unable to convince the military to support him in a coup. If Trump actually tried what the liberals (and apparently you) think he would, he would find himself in jail pretty quickly.

I just don't understand the paranoid liberals who think that Trump would become an actual dictator. He couldn't even get his wall built when he was in power last time. He would have to have the military, congress and the supreme court all in his pocket in order to do anything like being a dictator. And even if he did, he would end up with the entire USA rebelling against him. Americans would not put up with our freedoms being curtailed, even by someone like Trump.

As you can see with Biden, the President doesn't actually do that much or has that much power. The country is working fairly well with a zombie in charge right now.

Comment

As a government worker who has been involved in the DoD since 1987, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT TRUMP IS NOT THE PROBLEM
                      Ha ha! Not yet he ain't.
                      Just give him a few months on office, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Our constitution is set up in such a way that no one person could ever take over the country like Hitler did. The President just doesn't have that kind of power. Not to mention he would be unable to convince the military to support him in a coup. If Trump actually tried what the liberals (and apparently you) think he would, he would find himself in jail pretty quickly.

I just don't understand the paranoid liberals who think that Trump would become an actual dictator. He couldn't even get his wall built when he was in power last time. He would have to have the military, congress and the supreme court all in his pocket in order to do anything like being a dictator. And even if he did, he would end up with the entire USA rebelling against him. Americans would not put up with our freedoms being curtailed, even by someone like Trump.

As you can see with Biden, the President doesn't actually do that much or has that much power. The country is working fairly well with a zombie in charge right now.
                        Let's wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I've always said that you think you know it all, rogue.

Comment

Ha ha! Not yet he ain't.
                            Seems I remember the naysayers and ne'er-do-wells in a panic over all the wars Trump would start when he was in office.

Help me remember --- which wars were those?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've always said that you think you know it all, rogue.
                              Yeah! And he's a real pain in the butt to those of us who really do!!!!

Comment

Ha ha! Not yet he ain't.
                                He had 4 years, and I worked under him and the previous 4 POTUS before him and the pudding brain in office now. We had far fewer problems in DoD under Trump than the others. We have evidence to draw on.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment