Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    He said that the left STARTED the throwing of objects. That strongly implies that both sides subsequently engaged in doing so. If he'd wanted to blame ONLY the left, he would have said that ONLY the left threw objects.
    He did say that ONLY the left threw objects: "Look at my video in this thread and find others on line, the bricks and bottles are only going one way."

If all you can do is highlight 'the left started it' and ignore the subsequent 'it all came from the left', I'm done here.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      The point is that it is dishonest to say that only the KKK and crew are guilty.
      Then if I say that you may characterise me as dishonest.
      There are two lawless groups involved here, both are completely in the wrong. When someone says such a thing it is considered to be support for the KKK and crew.
      Not by me.
      I see both as equally guilty and dishonest accusations will not change my view.
      If it's dishonest to blame only the KKK and crew because both sides are equally guilty, it's just as dishonest to blame only the BLM and crew - but you have not and will not criticise those who place most or all of the blame on the left.
      Last edited by Roy; 09-07-2017, 04:24 AM.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Then you have no room to complain about my "scenario"
        Sure I do. It contradicts the eyewitness accounts I have read, and you have not provided any support for it.

I don't need to find video evidence refuting you if you haven't provided any evidence yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          There should be no real difficulty in condemning Nazis, white supremacists and the Ku Klux Klan...as people from all sides, nationally and internationally have recognised. There is no moral equivalency between these despicable people and those who oppose them. Only Trump and his morally challenged core supporters seem to think there is. Sad!
          You are right there is no difficulty in condemning Nazis, White supremacists and the KKK. We do condemn them. But that doesn't mean we can't condemn other evil groups too. Just because two evil groups oppose each other doesn't mean we can't condemn both. It is not mutually exclusive. You can hated extreme right and extreme left terrorists. Yet again Tassy uses a logical fallacy to make his argument. The False Dilemma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
            He did say that ONLY the left threw objects: "Look at my video in this thread and find others on line, the bricks and bottles are only going one way."

If all you can do is highlight 'the left started it' and ignore the subsequent 'it all came from the left', I'm done here.
            whew. about time. thanks.

Comment

Sure I do. It contradicts the eyewitness accounts I have read, and you have not provided any support for it.

I don't need to find video evidence refuting you if you haven't provided any evidence yourself.
              I did provide evidence and then asked you for anything to counter it and you said "I've already spent far too long trawling through eyewitness accounts."

If you can't bother then you can't complain.

Besides didn't you say you were done here?

Comment

Then if I say that you may characterise me as dishonest.Not by me. If it's dishonest to blame only the KKK and crew because both sides are equally guilty, it's just as dishonest to blame only the BLM and crew - but you have not and will not criticise those who place most or all of the blame on the left.
                If there is anyone who blames only the left for that violence, I call them dishonest as well. To blame only one side is what is dishonest. I am not aware of anyone who has tried to claim that the KKK and crew are innocent. Indeed they are widely condemned right here on TWeb by conservatives.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  There should be no real difficulty in condemning Nazis, white supremacists and the Ku Klux Klan...as people from all sides, nationally and internationally have recognised. There is no moral equivalency between these despicable people and those who oppose them. Only Trump and his morally challenged core supporters seem to think there is. Sad!
                  In your world violence from those on the left is perfectly acceptable and praiseworthy. Not just sad but sick as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I'd love to know what the lefties here think of this:

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/c...34c01bc2b.html

clown.jpg
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Fine. You've made it abundantly clear you're only going to see what you want to see.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I did provide evidence...
                        You didn't provide any evidence for your hypothetical scenario, only for another event at a different place and time.
                        ...and then asked you for anything to counter it and you said "I've already spent far too long trawling through eyewitness accounts."

If you can't bother then you can't complain.
                        It's not that I can't be bothered. I wish I had infinite time for research, but sometimes earning a living is necessary.

Comment

You didn't provide any evidence for your hypothetical scenario, only for another event at a different place and time. It's not that I can't be bothered. I wish I had infinite time for research, but sometimes earning a living is necessary.
                          I am with OBP on this. You are on your own little world and can't see any other view and will find some way to dismiss anything that could show you wrong. Whether you nitpick some odd point to death dismissing out of hand anything that shows you are out of context or just say you don't have the time to look at anything that shows you wrong, it all ends up being you living in your own little bubble.

Comment

You are right there is no difficulty in condemning Nazis, White supremacists and the KKK. We do condemn them. But that doesn't mean we can't condemn other evil groups too. Just because two evil groups oppose each other doesn't mean we can't condemn both. It is not mutually exclusive. You can hated extreme right and extreme left terrorists. Yet again Tassy uses a logical fallacy to make his argument. The False Dilemma.
                            In liberal-world, if you condemn white supremacists then you can only condemn white supremacists; otherwise you're a white supremacist.

No, it doesn't make any sense.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              In liberal-world, if you condemn white supremacists then you can only condemn white supremacists; otherwise you're a white supremacist.

No, it doesn't make any sense.
                              basically the same thing as WW2. You had commies and nazis, both hating each other. We hated them both. Not a problem. Just because we fought Hitler doesn't mean we had to like Stalin. They were both evil murdering maniacs

Comment

no, that means I don't believe you went and read the thread in question in context.
                                As I have already explained you presented the situation better than seer did. Your presentation is more balanced than his was. But that does not help him much though you seem to think so.

Comment