Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Yes I recounted the recent history of leftist violence - and? And I said they started it, not that they were the only one doing violence.
    You fail to answer the question "Can you please show me where you blame anyone but the leftists in the text?"

And not only did you say they started it. You also said "[...]the bricks and bottles are only going one way."

And then finally you said: "And if the leftists did not show up in this latest incident there would have been no violence."

Comment

• Here is the sequence of events as far as I recall:

Right wing extremists were ticked off at the tearing down of the statues. The KKK and NeoNazis show up (with a permit) and stage a protest. They are not fighting but they are wearing armor and carrying torches and other things that can be used as weapons.

The Antifa and BLM show up, also carrying weapons. They have no permit.

The idiot police do not keep them apart.

The Antifa and BLM get worked up and start throwing bottles and rocks.

The KKK and Nazis fight back.

All hell breaks out.

Both sides are to blame but the antifa started the violence and set off the riot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If you read that thread in context...

oh wait, that would be too much trouble. Much easier to sit on the sidelines and nitpick. Carry on.
        Personal attacks again? If not what "context" would you point to in order to show that seer's post was not one sided? I of course read it in context and I fail to see what you can point to. But feel free to give it a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          You fail to answer the question "Can you please show me where you blame anyone but the leftists in the text?"

And not only did you say they started it. You also said "[...]the bricks and bottles are only going one way."

And then finally you said: "And if the leftists did not show up in this latest incident there would have been no violence."
          are you being obtuse on purpose?

IN HIS VIDEO the bottles and bricks were only going one way. That doesn't mean the Nazis didn't also do violence.

and if the left did not show up and start throwing things, there would have been no violence. But they did and there was and the nazis and kkk was waiting for it and joined in with enthusiasm

Comment

Personal attacks again? If not what "context" would you point to in order to show that seer's post was not one sided? I of course read it in context and I fail to see what you can point to. But feel free to give it a try.
            Bull.

Comment

are you being obtuse on purpose?

IN HIS VIDEO the bottles and bricks were only going one way. That doesn't mean the Nazis didn't also do violence.

and if the left did not show up and start throwing things, there would have been no violence. But they did and there was and the nazis and kkk was waiting for it and joined in with enthusiasm
              Do I need to repeat the question you ignored? I can give you a hint. Seer ignored it as well.

Comment

Bull.
                I suppose that means you have got nothing?

Comment

Do I need to repeat the question you ignored? I can give you a hint. Seer ignored it as well.
                  sure repeat it. But if this is your typical nitpicking nanny BS...

and here is the video Seer was talking about. This is before the all out fighting started. It is shot from the Nazi side. You can see the antifa throwing bottles and such trying to start something.

Comment

I suppose that means you have got nothing?
                    no, that means I don't believe you went and read the thread in question in context.

Comment

But it doesn't follow that because the leftists started it and that showing up in the first place fueled the violence that I believe that they were the only one involved in the melee. They weren't.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Charles, this is a non sequitur. That just because I pointed to the left's involvement doesn't mean that I think both sides were not involved. And I NEVER said that only the left was involved.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Yeah you are trying to turn the point around with your question Charles. Initially Jed said, "Show me one post where any one here said that only the BLM and Communists were guilty."

Roy tried to give a link to Seer's post. But Seer never said "only the BLM and Communists were guilty"

Now you want HIM to show you where he said someone else was guilty. No. YOU need to show where he said ONLY the BLM and Communists were guilty.

Can you do it Charles? Can you show where Seer said ONLY the left was guilty?

This is on YOU to prove, not Seer to disprove. You do the legwork. We will wait here.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Stop lying Roy, I never said there was violence only on one side. Nor did I suggest that white supremacists were good.
                            Nonsense! You continue to do what Trump himself did in pandering to the likes of you and your ilk, namely blaming both sides equally for the deadly violence in Charlottesville.

Whilst most people don't support the violence of either side, the fact is that it was initiated by the White Supremacists in a resurgence of KKK fascism encouraged by Trump's racism. Antifa was merely reacting to what the fascists started.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Yeah you are trying to turn the point around with your question Charles. Initially Jed said, "Show me one post where any one here said that only the BLM and Communists were guilty."

Roy tried to give a link to Seer's post. But Seer never said "only the BLM and Communists were guilty"

Now you want HIM to show you where he said someone else was guilty. No. YOU need to show where he said ONLY the BLM and Communists were guilty.

Can you do it Charles? Can you show where Seer said ONLY the left was guilty?

This is on YOU to prove, not Seer to disprove. You do the legwork. We will wait here.
                            You're tap-dancing around the issue. The general tenor of what Trump supporters are doing is obvious; it's the standard ploy of "we might be bad, but your're just as bad. So there!" (stamps foot.)
                            Last edited by Tassman; 09-05-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Show me one post where any one here said that only the BLM and Communists were guilty.
                              Here. "Look at my video in this thread and find others on line, the bricks and bottles are only going one way". Done. Will you acknowledge it?
                              I will acknowledge your masterful snipping of a quote out of context in order to "prove" your point. You are generally good at picking nits, but you left yourself wide open on this one.
                              If it's indeed snipped out of context, you should be able to highlight the part of seer's post where he says/suggests/implies that some-one other than BLM/Antifa/left/communists was guilty.

Here's the full text: "Well they started it, the left has been showing violence for the last year. A congressman, and three others, shot by a leftist, 5 cops in Dallas killed by a Black Lives Matters follower, countless properties destroyed by Antifa. And in Virginia it was the left that started throwing bottles and bricks. Look at my video in this thread and find others on line, the bricks and bottles are only going one way. And if the leftists did not show up in this latest incident there would have been no violence."

He definitely says that only the left were guilty of throwing missiles. Where does he place any blame on the right?
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                Give me an honest example, not a twisted opinion. You have not given me one link to any Evangelical on TWeb who claimed that only one the BLM And Communists were guilty.
                                Yes I have. seer explicitly stated that only the left were guilty of throwing bottles and bricks.

"And in Virginia it was the left that started throwing bottles and bricks. Look at my video in this thread and find others on line, the bricks and bottles are only going one way."
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment