Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    It's kind of a giveaway when the conservatives here see the neo-nazis marching with torches and are like "oh yeah, those are my guys, gotta defend them against all accusations of wrongdoing." Jed, Seer, Bill, Sparko, MaxVel etc are all flying their true colors here.
    Interesting. When we say both groups are evil, that equals defending the evil white supremacist against the evil communists. Not too bright are you?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Being afraid of a few nuts, carrying tiki torches, while ignoring a group of violent sociopaths tells us how seriously anyone here should take you.
      He is not ignoring them, he is defending them. According to his logic they were right to riot against some group who is wrong.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        ALL
        Just because we support their right to free speech doesn't mean we agree with the KKK or Nazis. The First Amendment is there exactly so ANYONE can say whatever they want without fear of being beat up or arrested. Especially speech that people don't agree with. It is all acceptable. I am just glad you don't live here, Tassman. Take your bigotry and anti-free speech rhetoric and try to convince your own country of your ideas. We ain't buying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          You don't know if they were equally involved in the violence or not, but they certainly weren't their to promote racism as were the white supremacists. That you people continue to defend the white supremacists as being on equal footing with those who stand against them, sorry to say, is kind of telling.
          You and Tassman are doing the exact same thing the Antifa and alt-left are doing: Accusing people of being Nazis just because we support free speech.

In America, everyone is on equal footing, JimL. Even people you don't like. I don't like racism or the KKK or the Antifa or the BLM or Black Panthers or the Nazis or the Westboro Baptists, or Hillary Clinton, but I support their right to free speech. They can spout their nonsense all they want as long as they are not violent. Allowing free speech does not equal agreeing or supporting their cause.

If you try to silence someone you don't agree with, then one day someone will silence you because they don't agree with your views.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Just because we support their right to free speech doesn't mean we agree with the KKK or Nazis. . . . snip . . .
            It seems to mean exactly that to Tass and JimL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              It's kind of a giveaway when the conservatives here see the neo-nazis marching with torches and are like "oh yeah, those are my guys, gotta defend them against all accusations of wrongdoing." Jed, Seer, Bill, Sparko, MaxVel etc are all flying their true colors here.
              It's kind of a giveaway that you have nothing of substance when you resort to blatant inflammatory mischaracterization like this.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                You and Tassman are doing the exact same thing the Antifa and alt-left are doing: Accusing people of being Nazis just because we support free speech.

In America, everyone is on equal footing, JimL. Even people you don't like. I don't like racism or the KKK or the Antifa or the BLM or Black Panthers or the Nazis or the Westboro Baptists, or Hillary Clinton, but I support their right to free speech. They can spout their nonsense all they want as long as they are not violent. Allowing free speech does not equal agreeing or supporting their cause.

If you try to silence someone you don't agree with, then one day someone will silence you because they don't agree with your views.
                And counter protesters have just as much of a right to free speech and assembly as the hate groups do. If a hate group has a rally scheduled in Boston and 40,000 protesters show up to shout down their hate speech, thats called free speech as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  It seems to mean exactly that to Tass and JimL.
                  No, what it means to me is that you are supporting the free speech of the KKK and the Nazi's, while denying the same to the counter protesters. You have no idea who is responsible for starting any of the violent incidents that took place, but somehow you have no problem placing the blame for the violence on the counter protesters.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    It's kind of a giveaway that you have nothing of substance when you resort to blatant inflammatory mischaracterization like this.
                    But it's not a mischarecterization, you are all defending the rights of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, and white supremacist racist groups while blaming the counter-protesters for the violence. You've all made it quite clear where your allegiances lie.

Comment

And counter protesters have just as much of a right to free speech and assembly as the hate groups do. If a hate group has a rally scheduled in Boston and 40,000 protesters show up to shout down their hate speech, thats called free speech as well.
                      Everyone has the right of free speech without being interfered with or stopped. Interrupting someone by shouting them down is the same as interfering with their free speech. They can say what they want without stopping someone else from speaking. Also, they are not just shouting them down, they are throwing rocks and bottles and attacking them with sticks and bats.

Comment

But it's not a mischarecterization, you are all defending the rights of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, and white supremacist racist groups while blaming the counter-protesters for the violence. You've all made it quite clear where your allegiances lie.
                        "It's not a mischaracterization...." followed by mischaracterization. Nice.

You've made it clear that you've already decided what you think we believe, facts be damned.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No, what it means to me is that you are supporting the free speech of the KKK and the Nazi's, while denying the same to the counter protesters. You have no idea who is responsible for starting any of the violent incidents that took place, but somehow you have no problem placing the blame for the violence on the counter protesters.
                          not one of us has said anything about stopping the counter-protesters from using their free speech. We have just said that free speech does not included 1> using violence 2> stopping someone else from using THEIR free speech.

Try to pay attention.

Comment

Pure BS.

We have been defending Free Speech, period. We have said multiple times that free speech means having to tolerate speech that you don't agree with.

Comment

• I support the right to free speech of anyone who will loudly condemn Nazis (including, but not limited to: actual Nazis, conservatives, Sparko, etc.). Anyone who disagrees with this is obviously a Nazi and deserves to get punched in the face for inciting to violence.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                I support the right to free speech of anyone who will loudly condemn Nazis (including, but not limited to: actual Nazis, conservatives, Sparko, etc.). Anyone who disagrees with this is obviously a Nazi and deserves to get punched in the face for inciting to violence.
                                Your avatar has a Hitler moustache. Therefore, you are a Nazi.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment