Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bowman out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Somebody hand me a large cold fish with which to slap me brudder ---- he's thinking liberals are smart!
    They may be an endangered creature but not extinct just yet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      They may be an endangered creature but not extinct just yet.
      Why are they not represented here on Tweb?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        I do follow politics in my own country but my own country is rather boring. Hence I also follow politics in other English speaking countries, and of those, US politics is by far the most entertaining because it's so crazy and bizarre, hence I follow it the most.
        You definitely got that right. Then you should know quite well why he was booted out. It wasn't even because of the abysmal policies he supported, but because he was a race-baiting unhinged psycho.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

You definitely got that right. Then you should know quite well why he was booted out. It wasn't even because of the abysmal policies he supported, but because he was a race-baiting unhinged psycho.
          This is about me, isn't it? There's been talk?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

... but because he was a race-baiting unhinged psycho.
            Err, like all leftists?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Err, like all leftists?
              You definitely have a point.

I think some of them are bonafide crazies, but a lot of them are conniving manipulators who cater to a young and extremely gullible base.

Comment

Another leftist as unhinged as they come.
                Actually Bowman was primaried by a pro Israel moderate Democrat.

Comment

I forgot all about that hump. When I hear "Bowman," my first thought is always Rob Bowman -- this one, not the X-Files guy.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Seeing how most liberals defended him even after the video was released putting the lie to his defense, I think it was his antisemitism that delivered the kill shot.
                    Other members of the squad, such as AOC, seem to have survived their primaries (although Bush in Missouri still has hers coming up) and according to the New York Times, while antisemitism played the main factor,

Mr. Bowman alienated others with his far-left views and a string of embarrassing gaffes he struggled to explain, most notably the decision to pull a false fire alarm in a House office building last fall.

Likewise, as NBC noted:

Last fall, Bowman pleaded guilty to falsely pulling a fire alarm in a House building in the middle of a vote on a GOP bill to avert a government shutdown. Bowman claimed it was an accident, but Republicans accused him of trying to interrupt official business of the House, and voters repeatedly quizzed him about the fire alarm incident on the campaign trail.

USA Today suggests it was an issue:

Throughout the primary race, Latimer and other Bowman critics also slammed the progressive Democrat for a series of controversial comments and incidents, including a moment on Capitol Hill last year when he pulled a fire alarm in a House office building, prompting an emergency evacuation.

While Vox suggested it as well

And as a candidate, there were other reasons Bowman was more vulnerable besides the foreign policy positions he chose to take. Bowman came into the race fielding critiques for his decisions to pull a fire alarm in Congress and to promote conspiracy theories about September 11 in a past blog, something he’s said he regrets.

It appears there were numerous minor factors that also came into play along with his comments after October 7th and positions on Israel and HAMAS. Interestingly, Business Insider points out that

AIPAC's offensive translated into TV ads attacking Bowman and praising Latimer, as well as a deluge of mailers at residents' doors. Those ads mostly focused on Bowman's vote against the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law in 2021, rather than his criticism of Israel.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

Actually Bowman was primaried by a pro Israel moderate Democrat.
                      Moderate is relative. If he's not a screaming extreme leftist pinko commie liberal progressive, he could be called a moderate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Moderate is relative. If he's not a screaming extreme leftist pinko commie liberal progressive, he could be called a moderate.
                        Well he is against what the Squad is for and as Judge Jeanine his calm demeanor and logical thinking is a refreshing change from the swearing rants coming from Bowman in his last rally. plus the fact that Judge Jeanine mentioned she worked with Latimer and found him easy to work with.

Comment

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Other members of the squad, such as AOC, seem to have survived their primaries (although Bush in Missouri still has hers coming up) and according to the New York Times, while antisemitism played the main factor,

Mr. Bowman alienated others with his far-left views and a string of embarrassing gaffes he struggled to explain, most notably the decision to pull a false fire alarm in a House office building last fall.

Likewise, as NBC noted:

Last fall, Bowman pleaded guilty to falsely pulling a fire alarm in a House building in the middle of a vote on a GOP bill to avert a government shutdown. Bowman claimed it was an accident, but Republicans accused him of trying to interrupt official business of the House, and voters repeatedly quizzed him about the fire alarm incident on the campaign trail.

USA Today suggests it was an issue:

Throughout the primary race, Latimer and other Bowman critics also slammed the progressive Democrat for a series of controversial comments and incidents, including a moment on Capitol Hill last year when he pulled a fire alarm in a House office building, prompting an emergency evacuation.

While Vox suggested it as well

And as a candidate, there were other reasons Bowman was more vulnerable besides the foreign policy positions he chose to take. Bowman came into the race fielding critiques for his decisions to pull a fire alarm in Congress and to promote conspiracy theories about September 11 in a past blog, something he’s said he regrets.

It appears there were numerous minor factors that also came into play along with his comments after October 7th and positions on Israel and HAMAS. Interestingly, Business Insider points out that

AIPAC's offensive translated into TV ads attacking Bowman and praising Latimer, as well as a deluge of mailers at residents' doors. Those ads mostly focused on Bowman's vote against the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law in 2021, rather than his criticism of Israel.

Apparently Bowman was already down by double digits before AIPAC started opening their coffers.

As is his style he not only refused to congratulate the winner, he decided to grouse about needing to be "outraged" when "some so-called Democrats are aligning themselves with radical, racist, right-wing Republicans."

Comment

Apparently Bowman was already down by double digits before AIPAC started opening their coffers.

As is his style he not only refused to congratulate the winner, he decided to grouse about needing to be "outraged" when "some so-called Democrats are aligning themselves with radical, racist, right-wing Republicans."
                              I get the NY news stations here - the man is just stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I get the NY news stations here - the man is just stupid...
                                But he can alliterate.

Comment