Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremacists protest at UVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    There's a big difference between 'can be' and 'is', and an even bigger difference between 'can be' and 'is automatically'. I have no problem agreeing that 'black pride' can be racist. But that doesn't mean it's automatically racist.
    That may be true, but then that's something you'll need to debate with seer, not me. I'm just providing seer's reasoning as you requested. His point was crystal clear to me, even if I'm not necessarily on board with it.

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Lots of people debate/discuss by pointing out consequences or corollaries of their statements. Very few discuss/debate by asking people if they agree with the opposite of what they've just said.
    Pointing out the consequence/corollary of your statement was precisely what seer was doing. If you can't see that after I've detailed it point by point, I don't know what else to tell you. I've given you all the help I can give you. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      Are you daft Tass? There is not a conservative on this board that supports Nazis or the KKK
      I don't know about that. I think there are a few people on this forum who support the actions of Nazis and the KKK, if not explicitly at least implicitly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        I don't know about that. I think there are a few people on this forum who support the actions of Nazis and the KKK, if not explicitly at least implicitly.
        Depends on what you think they support. I'm on board with not destroying these statues, and I'm tired of the white privilege thing, but I don't think anyone here believes that blacks or Jews are inherently inferior.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I don't think anyone here believes that blacks or Jews are inherently inferior.
          I think there probably are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            I think there probably are.
            OK, I haven't got that vibe...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              A prime example of the victor rewriting history.
              Are you claiming Japan didn't attack the US?
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                Why do you think liberals have the most power?
                Because they can engage in criminal violence with the entire media establishment (and subservient conservatives) defending them. Because they can intimidate entire states into abandoning the results of democratic referendums through corporate threats and judicial activism. Because they control nearly the entire mainstream media, virtually all of academia and most corporations have decided to ally with them.

Can you give examples of the oppression of white people?
                OTHER white people, not white people in general. And university admissions, for starters.

I'd try to pull a link but google has really turned into a garbage search engine lately. They prioritize recent news stories by MSM outlets over anything else which makes it almost impossible for me to find anything if there's been any recent news vaguely related to the subject.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  I'd try to pull a link but google has really turned into a garbage search engine lately. They prioritize recent news stories by MSM outlets over anything else which makes it almost impossible for me to find anything if there's been any recent news vaguely related to the subject.
                  That's why I started using DuckDuckGo.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Are you claiming Japan didn't attack the US?
                    Oh - Japan attacked America true enough - just like one school child attacks another that has been kicking him in the shins at every opportunity for the past month or so. (or, in the case of Japan/America, 80 years near about.)
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Oh - Japan attacked America true enough - just like one school child attacks another that has been kicking him in the shins at every opportunity for the past month or so. (or, in the case of Japan/America, 80 years near about.)
                      What are you talking about?

Comment

What are you talking about?
                        Source: How U.S. Economic Warfare Provoked Japan�s Attack on Pearl Harbor

Roosevelt hoped that such sanctions would goad the Japanese into making a rash mistake by launching a war against the United States, which would bring in Germany because Japan and Germany were allied.

Accordingly, the Roosevelt administration, while curtly dismissing Japanese diplomatic overtures to harmonize relations, imposed a series of increasingly stringent economic sanctions on Japan. In 1939 the United States terminated the 1911 commercial treatyJuly 2, 1940, Roosevelt signed the Export Control Act, authorizing the President to license or prohibit the export of essential defense materialsJuly 31, exports of aviation motor fuels and lubricants and No. 1 heavy melting iron and steel scrap were restrictedBritish and the Dutch followed suit, embargoing exports to Japan from their colonies in southeast Asia.

© Copyright Original Source

That was just the final act in a series that began during the 1860s.
                        Last edited by tabibito; 08-16-2017, 09:59 AM.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Source: How U.S. Economic Warfare Provoked Japan�s Attack on Pearl Harbor

Roosevelt hoped that such sanctions would goad the Japanese into making a rash mistake by launching a war against the United States, which would bring in Germany because Japan and Germany were allied.

Accordingly, the Roosevelt administration, while curtly dismissing Japanese diplomatic overtures to harmonize relations, imposed a series of increasingly stringent economic sanctions on Japan. In 1939 the United States terminated the 1911 commercial treatyJuly 2, 1940, Roosevelt signed the Export Control Act, authorizing the President to license or prohibit the export of essential defense materialsJuly 31, exports of aviation motor fuels and lubricants and No. 1 heavy melting iron and steel scrap were restrictedBritish and the Dutch followed suit, embargoing exports to Japan from their colonies in southeast Asia.

© Copyright Original Source

That was just the final act in a series that began during the 1860s.
                          These measures happened after Japan began its brutal expansion, did you forget things like the rape of Nanking?

https://worldview.stratfor.com/image...sion-1931-1942

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP3.HTM

Comment

These measures happened after Japan began its brutal expansion, did you forget things like the rape of Nanking?

https://worldview.stratfor.com/image...sion-1931-1942

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP3.HTM
                            No - I haven't forgotten about the "Rape of Nanking" - (1937, 6 weeks of horrific atrocities) nor have I forgotten the efforts of the Japanese Government to bring it to a stop, nor yet the general who DID bring it to a halt. However, neither have I forgotten the earlier history ... as in the Japanese Imperial edict that prohibited Japanese construction of ocean going ships and the reasons behind that edict, introduced during the 1600s and continuing until the 1860s. The annexation by Japan of Ainu (native to Japan) lands in the 1890s at the behest of American "advisors." Nor the war crimes committed against (deliberately and selectively targeted) Japanese civilian populations by firebombing in cities throughout Japan during the war. Nor yet do I forget that Japan learnt the proper ways to deal with conquered peoples by studying the actions of American and European nations toward the native populations in Australia, India, South Africa, and of course the Americas (among other places).

ETA
                            Nor am I gulled into thinking that Nanking had anything to do with American and British Empire actions with regard to Japan - the hostilities (cold war-ish) began before 1920.
                            Last edited by tabibito; 08-16-2017, 10:36 AM.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

No - I haven't forgotten about the "Rape of Nanking" - (1937, 6 weeks of horrific atrocities) nor have I forgotten the efforts of the Japanese Government to bring it to a stop, nor yet the general who DID bring it to a halt. However, neither have I forgotten the earlier history ... as in the Japanese Imperial edict that prohibited Japanese construction of ocean going ships and the reasons behind that edict, introduced during the 1600s and continuing until the 1860s. The annexation by Japan of Ainu (native to Japan) lands in the 1890s at the behest of American "advisors." Nor the war crimes committed against (deliberately and selectively targeted) Japanese civilian populations by firebombing in cities throughout Japan during the war. Nor yet do I forget that Japan learnt the proper ways to deal with conquered peoples by studying the actions of American and European nations toward the native populations in Australia, India, South Africa, and of course the Americas (among other places).

ETA
                              Nor am I gulled into thinking that Nanking had anything to do with American and British Empire actions with regard to Japan - the hostilities (cold war-ish) began before 1920.
                              Nonsense, what the Roosevelt administration did was in direct response to what Japan was doing at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                                Why wouldn't he be able to be?
                                If there are no races then you can't have racists. You have to choose one or the other. If you want racism, you have to admit there are races for people to discriminate against. If you don't have races then you can't have racism.

Comment