Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremacists protest at UVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
    So someone drove a car into a crowd, killing one person & wounding several others, because the crowd was supposedly violent?

I visit several forums/news sites to try to get out of my 'bubble' and see opposing viewpoints first hand, but I have yet to come across a discussion on this incident which resembles anything like this one, and so I am sort of fascinated.
    Who is saying he was justified in any way here?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      So what? I'm glad Trump called out the left too...

Comment

• Yes I agree that the Antifa needs to be stopped, alone with the Communists in the crowd.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          No, it isn't. Race is a social construct.
          then how can he be a white supremacist?

Comment

• I don't suppose it has dawned on firstfloor that modern liberalism looks more like the Nazi party than does modern conservatism.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes I agree that the Antifa needs to be stopped, alone with the Communists in the crowd.
              Remember the U.S.-Soviet alliance 1941-1945? There can be no doubt that you are on the wrong side.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Remember the U.S.-Soviet alliance 1941-1945? There can be no doubt that you are on the wrong side.
                Nonsense, just look at how many millions were murdered after the war under Communism.

Comment

Nonsense, just look at how many millions were murdered after the war under Communism.
                  I am not taking about what happened after the war.

Comment

I am not taking about what happened after the war.
                    I am, Communism is murderous and unamerican.

Comment

I am, Communism is murderous and unamerican.
                      Marxism is simply public ownership of the means of production. As we have seen, private ownership capitalism leads to massive concentration of wealth and power and this is beneficial to very few people. The U.S. is an oligarchy.
                      Last edited by firstfloor; 08-15-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Because germany happened to be allied with Japan, who attacked the US. If the soviets had attacked the US instead of the japanese, it could have easily gone the other way. For some reason leftists keep identifying themselves with the racist, mysoginistic, homophobes who were the overwhelming majority of the US at the time. Trust me, you are not their equivalent (in any way).
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Marxism is simply public ownership of the means of production. As we have seen, private ownership capitalism leads to massive concentration of wealth and power and this is beneficial to very few people.
                          No FF, the US Constitution codifies property rights into law. So Communism is un-american. Second, show me one historical Communist nation that had freedom of speech, freedom of movement, freedom from unlawful search, individual rights. The control that Communism requires, needs totalitarian means.
                          Last edited by seer; 08-15-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Marxism is simply public ownership of the means of production.
                            How does that ownership come about?

Oh yeah, mass murder. It's like saying "Nazism is simply the public ownership of a Jew-free nation". Something gets lost in the translation.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

So when Latinos and Blacks claim pride in their race they are really speaking of social constructs?
                              They are speaking of groups they were put in by society, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                                They are speaking of groups they were put in by society, yes.
                                Well society put me in the white group - so I get to be proud too - right?

Comment