Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremacists protest at UVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    There is no comparison between the 'March on Wall Street', the 'Black Lives Mater' protests, and the hate filled violent protest of the Alt-Right fuelled by the hateful rhetoric of the likes of David Duke, former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard.
    Do you find it at all ironic that David Duke and the KKK have their roots deeply embedded in the Democrat party?

At any rate, that you're willing to downplay and give a free pass to the violence perpetrated by Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter (including the murder of innocent police officers!), and Never Trumpers while vilifying the "other side" is the height of hypocrisy. President Trump was right to condemn the violence "on many sides", but of course, that's not good enough for bigots like you who are blind to the failures of your own ideology.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      No his points are bunk, the "alt-right" have not been the violent ones this past year or so, 90% of the violence has come from the left. Even in this last encounter if you watch the videos all the bricks and bottles are coming from one side.
      I've just watched the video seer posted. This is the first missile thrown in the clip:

throw.jpg

It's being thrown at the counter-protestors, not by them. There are others later, as well as what appears to be pepper-spray. Seer's claims that "And in Virginia it was the left that started throwing bottles and bricks. Look at my video in this thread and find others on line, the bricks and bottles are only going one way" and "if you watch the videos all the bricks and bottles are coming from one side" are self-serving fertilizer. Missiles are being thrown both ways.
      Except of course for the car crash.
      Yes, it's difficult to blame the left for that one - though it hasn't stopped people from trying.

Seer's constant refusal to place any blame at all on the thuggish torch, club, shield and gun-brandishing neo-Nazis and KKKers who organised the rally brands him as a neo-Nazi sympathiser.
      Last edited by Roy; 08-15-2017, 08:32 AM.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Seer's constant refusal to place any blame at all on the thuggish torch, club, shield and gun-brandishing neo-Nazis and KKKers who organised the rally brands him as a neo-Nazi sympathiser.
        Seer has literally, previously said, in full context, that he is a white supremacist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          Seer has literally, previously said, in full context, that he is a white supremacist.
          Wait, what? Could you provide a link to the post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            Wait, what? Could you provide a link to the post?
            EDIT: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-And-I-m-Proud
            Last edited by Psychic Missile; 08-15-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

How does that make me a white supremacist? Is it not factual?

I think the European white race and culture is the best most advanced culture/ race in history. The most prolific race when it comes to science, invention and political structure, ideals. Far surpassing any other race known to man.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

How does that make me a white supremacist? Is it not factual?
                No, it isn't. Race is a social construct.

Comment

Yikes. I hope that thread was created as a sort of reductio ad absurdum. That appears like it may be the case when he explains in post #36 of that thread that he's attempting to expose the hypocrisy of the left. In my opinion there are much better ways of doing that than taking the tact he did since, assuming it's not true, it easily paints him (as you've done here) as a supremacist.

Comment

No, it isn't. Race is a social construct.
                    So when Latinos and Blacks claim pride in their race they are really speaking of social constructs?
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Yikes. I hope that thread was created as a sort of reductio ad absurdum. That appears like it may be the case when he explains in post #36 of that thread that he's attempting to expose the hypocrisy of the left. In my opinion there are much better ways of doing that than taking the tact he did since, assuming it's not true, it easily paints him (as you've done here) as a supremacist.
                      Right, that is why there was a question mark in the title, though I do believe the European culture has been the most successful in history concerning inventions, quality of living, governments, and science in general. And Black pride is OK, Brown pride is OK, but not White pride?

Comment

Yikes. I hope that thread was created as a sort of reductio ad absurdum. That appears like it may be the case when he explains in post #36 of that thread that he's attempting to expose the hypocrisy of the left.
                        The post exposing his own prejudice.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

The post exposing his own prejudice.
                          Prejudice against what?

Comment

And Black pride is OK, Brown pride is OK, but not White pride?
                            White pride is fine if it's not a euphemism for KKK and neo-Nazism.

Comment

Liberals considering everything a white person says to be a euphemism for KKK and neo-Nazism.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So why does it automatically have to be a euphemism for either? Which seems to be the case.

Comment