Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Off With The Catholic's Head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So is it degrading to be a housewife and mother now?
    According to the Left, yes.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Because raising happy well balanced children is not worthy goal in itself...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Have you bothered to listen to what he actually said or do you rely solely on how some critics have characterized it?
        I'm more of a reader and read the transcript before forming an opinion.

-Sam
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

-Sam
          Do you think he should be fired?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Given that Butker extolled the role of women as wives and mothers and said nothing whatsoever negative about having a career, being in leadership, etc., this smells like a political CYA which should be beneath the dignity of a monastic foundation.

That a pope would say such things is rather revealing of his lack of fitness as supreme pontiff, IMO. It is in line with the rest of his papacy, however, so it doesn't surprise me.

You have to factor in the liberal drift of the RCC. Conservative Catholics have been persona non gratias since Vat 2 with varying degrees of tolerance.

A 2023 Reuters article was titled "Pope Francis again turns screws on use of traditional Latin Mass". In 2021, he placed new restrictions on the Tridentine Mass. He's from Argentina, his animosity towards conservative Catholics is to be expected.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I guess Cancel Culture is alive and well. Why would expressing his personal Catholic beliefs at a Catholic school be grounds to remove him from his professional career? It's nuts.
              Weren't you calling for campus protestors to be arrested for being "pro-Hamas" very recently?

-Sam
              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Do you think he should be fired?
                I do not. He deserves the criticism he's getting and that's enough.

-Sam

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Because raising happy well balanced children is not worthy goal in itself...
                  It's called social reproduction. They don't or can't have kids so they steal the kids of others.
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

You have to factor in the liberal drift of the RCC. Conservative Catholics have been persona non gratias since Vat 2 with varying degrees of tolerance.
                    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'm not Catholic.
                    A 2023 Reuters article was titled "Pope Francis again turns screws on use of traditional Latin Mass". In 2021, he placed new restrictions on the Tridentine Mass. He's from Argentina, his animosity towards conservative Catholics is to be expected.
                    Preference for worshiping in the vernacular is one of my few areas of disagreement with Butker's speech. OTOH, I'm not at all in favor of Vatican 2's revisions of the mass allowing it to be much shorter.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I thought they wanted to empower women to do whatever they wanted to do. That would include being a mother and taking care of their children if that is what they want. Who the hell wants to give their entire life to a job and some boss that probably hates them? The reason we work is to take care of our families because they are what is important in our lives.

Comment

Weren't you calling for campus protestors to be arrested for being "pro-Hamas" very recently?

-Sam
                        No, for breaking the law.

What did this guy do that would deserve being "cancelled" and losing his job? Supporting traditional family values? Oh, the horror.

Comment

-Sam
                          Of course you miss any inflections that are lost in the written medium. And there's far less chance a transcript has been edited to better reflect what was meant rather than said.

Then again, in an ideal setting, I'd rather have a transcript in front of me while watching or listening to them say it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They don't or can't have kids so they steal the kids of others.
                            Reminds of Jefferson Starship...

You know Tyrannosaurus Rex was destroyed before
                            By a furry little ball that crawled along
                            The primeval jungle floor
                            He stole the eggs of the dinosaur
                            CLOSE YOUR EYES & CREATE THE SOUND
                            OPEN YOUR HANDS & REBUILD THE GROUND
                            We are egg snatchers -
                            Flashin' sunshine children
                            Bunch of diamond thieves

Comment

I do not. He deserves the criticism he's getting and that's enough.

-Sam
                              Good...

Comment

No, for breaking the law.

What did this guy do that would deserve being "cancelled" and losing his job? Supporting traditional family values? Oh, the horror.
                                No, your position was that the students — particularly those allegedly chanting "We are Hamas" — were aligning themselves with a terrorist group and should be arrested. When asked if the same applied to a group chanting "We are Israel", in light of the recent mass graves discovered implicating the IDF in war crimes, you responded "no". You weren't making your statement on the basis of laws being broken.

-Sam

Comment